BBL Match 50 Sydney Sixers v Sydney Thunder 1835hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose if highly paid players went out first ball, like a few have, that would be a better innings. What a dumb post.
The only thing that's dumb mate is you.

Warner pretty much faced 4 overs by himself for 16 runs, whilst team mates around him were getting out trying to lift the run rate.

He showed no intent at all.

If you know anything about the game, chewing up balls is a lot worse than getting out first ball.

The biggest joke is he's getting $70 000 a game to do it.

Last edited:
I don't think Smith's form does anything to prove/disprove his T20 credentials (ok that's probably a tad harsh), what it does prove though is he is about 8 rungs above BBL level and a truly brilliant batsman.

And also it is truly something that in an 8 team comp, 6 of them can be absolutely awful. Heat are currently the 3rd best team but will quickly return to their old ways when the Aussie side goes to India.
Also, having a top 5 in an 8 team comp is farcical.

The only thing that's dumb mate is you.

Warner pretty much faced 4 overs by himself for 16 runs, whilst team mates around him were getting out trying to lift the run rate.

He showed no intent at all.

If you know anything about the game, chewing up balls is a lot worse than getting out first ball.

The biggest joke is he's getting $70 000 a game to do it.
I am sure he wanted to show some intent but it didn't work for him and he struggled to hit the middle of the bat. Hasn't that ever happened to you before? I suppose he could have charged the bowlers from ball one, but if he got out, you wouldn't be congratulating him for showing some intent. You'd still come out with the $70, 0000 line.

Last edited:
Yes it seems so, they are only three finals games now, either they go back to 1v4,2v3 or they bring in something like the womens comp (3v4)v2)v1
which is probably better and they can wrap up the finals over in the same week, compared to currently which is Friday to the following Saturday. (and the comp is probably at least 1 week too long, which could be solved by more Friday/weekend double headers)

Yes it seems so, they are only three finals games now, either they go back to 1v4,2v3 or they bring in something like the womens comp (3v4)v2)v1

I like the womens format for a 14 game season but don’t think it’s entirely fair for a 10 game season. I’d even prefer a top 3 to a top 4 if there’s only 3 finals.

1 v 2 for hosting rights and loser plays 3rd.

I am sure he wanted to show some intent but it didn't work for him and he struggled to hit the middle of the bat. Hasn't that ever happened to you before? I suppose he could have charged the bowlers from ball one, but if he got out, you wouldn't be congratulating him for showing some intent. You'd still come out with the $70, 0000 line.
I know Davey gives you a hard-on, but please.
He didn't show any intent at all.

If he had gotten out ball one charging, no one cares because he's at least having a go.
Getting a run a ball in the power play destroyed any chance the Thunder had.

I know Davey gives you a hard-on, but please.
He didn't show any intent at all.

If he had gotten out ball one charging, no one cares because he's at least having a go.
Getting a run a ball in the power play destroyed any chance the Thunder had.
Doesn't give me a hard on. It was a poor innings, but BBL has been going for 12 years and I've seen equally worse from higher paid players. Not everyday is your day.

Back