BBL Match 43 Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad watching all these teams botching run chases. What happened to the experience these late-comers that we've never heard of are meant to be bringing!

Yep fox studios is in Moore Park. It’s a 2 minute walk from the SCG

Lol. Not even! You can see into the SCG from the Fox Studios car park!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad watching all these teams botching run chases. What happened to the experience these late-comers that we've never heard of are meant to be bringing!

Lol. Not even! You can see into the SCG from the Fox Studios car park!
I used to drive people to Fox Studios so, I have been past security and the boom gates there. (its quite a heavy security presence to get into the complex) But yeah I get your point.

That loss wont sting to the Scorchers but it may be the lost that they need to work on their weaknesses, which is still chasing medium targets. Im not sure where I can pinpoint where they went wrong with that chase, probably in clutch moments the key batsman needed to go a bit more longer? I would have fancied Perth to defend 145 than chase 145 tonight on that wicket. Their a team that builds pressure on opponents with the ball (defending targets) and thats their strength. Id fancy Perth to win in a final over in Perth, just think they know their home conditions inside out. Perth batting from 7 to 11 is also not that great. Sixers bat much deeper for me down to 9 or so.

Another wicket from terrible batting more than good bowling. We look tired
It's just a low and slow pitch.
After that, I can't say i'm overly impressed with Eskinazi. Seems like a decent enough cricketer, but he just doesn't have the power to be overly effective in T20.
He's been pretty good after his first couple of games.

Won't tear you apart but looks solid enough IMO.

That loss wont sting to the Scorchers but it may be the lost that they need to work on their weaknesses, which is still chasing medium targets. Im not sure where I can pinpoint where they went wrong with that chase, probably in clutch moments the key batsman needed to go a bit more longer? I would have fancied Perth to defend 145 then chase 145 tonight on that wicket. They’re a team that builds pressure on opponents with the ball (defending targets) and thats their strength. Id fancy Perth to win in a final over in Perth, just think they know their home conditions inside out. Perth batting from 7 to 11 is also not that great. Sixers bat much deeper for me down to 9 or so.
Sixers also have their entire starting XI available and have one of the most unique home grounds in the country. Tail starts to look a lot better with Richo in and Marsh/Green would help us keep the run rate up in the middle overs. Without them though we just need to avoid the slow SCG wicket

Sixers also have their entire starting XI available and have one of the most unique home grounds in the country. Tail starts to look a lot better with Richo in and Marsh/Green would help us keep the run rate up in the middle overs. Without them though we just need to avoid the slow SCG wicket
I think the WA state shield team beat NSW in a state game there but I think Scorchers would go OK batting first tonight. A bit of a weird decision for me tonight by Scorchers to win the toss and bowl first. I sense they wont do that same mistake again in a Final. I feel like maybe they were even trying different tactics given they are already 1st on the Standings.

Id actually fancy Perth to beat the Sixers on any ground in Australia now bar the SCG. Gotta remember this Perth lineup beat Sixers last year on neutral ground at the Marvel.

Also noticed the next game for the Sixers is up on Coffs Harbour on Tuesday. I agree that the Sixers too have a unique advantage playing at the SCG. And maybe from a Sixers standpoint you look to bring in Todd Murphy instead of playing Lyon.

Not to fussed by the loss. Our batting always freaks me out, and I’m not sold yet on the Eski loving guy, but he’s making runs.
We need to sign up our players that are playing everywhere else though. It seems every team has 3 West Australians?
That’s a quarter of a side.

Great comp though. The Shield is obviously great even though people refuse to attend. The BBL is where it’s at.

Not to fussed by the loss. Our batting always freaks me out, and I’m not sold yet on the Eski loving guy, but he’s making runs.
We need to sign up our players that are playing everywhere else though. It seems every team has 3 West Australians?
That’s a quarter of a side.

Great comp though. The Shield is obviously great even though people refuse to attend. The BBL is where it’s at.
The West Aussies in other teams are the guys who aren't good enough to get into the Scorchers lineup. It just shows the relative strength and depth of WA cricket.
It cuts both ways, Adam Gilchrist couldn't get in the NSW team so he moved west. Now he's universally known as a WA player.

I reckon of all players, Perth Scorchers should look to chase Tim David back to his Perth Scorchers roots. Not sure what his contract situation with the Hobart Hurricanes is. But he is the kind of player, that would fit perfectly as a power hitter coming in at 5 or 6 which the Scorchers badly need.

Marsh is too injury prone for me but if fit you could have M Marsh at 3, Inglis 4, Turner 5, Tim David 6.

I mean l can think of a Freo footy player that left the Dockers to an eastern states team than came back looking to build on that success. (eg Peter Bell ). There is a saying if your a WA sportsperson , you leave WA shores to better yourself in life. Tim David has IPL experience is a much better player than when he was at the Scorchers in his younger years.

You would be pretty filthy though if you were a Hobart Hurricane fan, and saw a player like Tim David to go home and chase more glory. My thinking is Tim David would gladly accept any role to be closer to his family and locals. Im pretty sure if Tim David came back to the Scorchers now, he would have at least another good 7-8 years provided he didn't get swayed to other leagues or international commitments didn't interfere. He would be first choice- as he is unlikely to get into the Test team.

I think the WA state shield team beat NSW in a state game there but I think Scorchers would go OK batting first tonight. A bit of a weird decision for me tonight by Scorchers to win the toss and bowl first. I sense they wont do that same mistake again in a Final. I feel like maybe they were even trying different tactics given they are already 1st on the Standings.

Id actually fancy Perth to beat the Sixers on any ground in Australia now bar the SCG. Gotta remember this Perth lineup beat Sixers last year on neutral ground at the Marvel.

Also noticed the next game for the Sixers is up on Coffs Harbour on Tuesday. I agree that the Sixers too have a unique advantage playing at the SCG. And maybe from a Sixers standpoint you look to bring in Todd Murphy instead of playing Lyon.
Can't see them dropping Lyon.

They wiil lose Lyon and Smith whilst the Scorchers will lose Agar and Morris.

Hopefully Richardson is fit.

I reckon of all players, Perth Scorchers should look to chase Tim David back to his Perth Scorchers roots. Not sure what his contract situation with the Hobart Hurricanes is. But he is the kind of player, that would fit perfectly as a power hitter coming in at 5 or 6 which the Scorchers badly need.

Marsh is too injury prone for me but if fit you could have M Marsh at 3, Inglis 4, Turner 5, Tim David 6.

I mean l can think of a Freo footy player that left the Dockers to an eastern states team than came back looking to build on that success. (eg Peter Bell ). There is a saying if your a WA sportsperson , you leave WA shores to better yourself in life. Tim David has IPL experience is a much better player than when he was at the Scorchers in his younger years.

You would be pretty filthy though if you were a Hobart Hurricane fan, and saw a player like Tim David to go home and chase more glory. My thinking is Tim David would gladly accept any role to be closer to his family and locals. Im pretty sure if Tim David came back to the Scorchers now, he would have at least another good 7-8 years provided he didn't get swayed to other leagues or international commitments didn't interfere. He would be first choice- as he is unlikely to get into the Test team.
Tim David has another year to go.

He'd be nice, but getting Marsh and a few international bats should do the trick.

The Scorchers biggest problem will be holding into to guys like Kelly, Bancroft and even Hatzoglou IMO.

Should Lyon even be in the best Sixers side? Always been behind O'Keefe & Murphy looks a better white ball bowler. Lyon isn't up to it at international level & when a grade cricketer hits you for the biggest six of the tournament you are not an automatic pick even in the BBL.

Back