BBL Match 38 Melbourne Stars v Adelaide Strikers 1845hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne from, Adam Zampa (c), Trent Boult (OS), Joe Burns, Hilton Cartwright, Joe Clarke (OS), Brody Couch, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Sam Elliott, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Campbell Kellaway, Nick Larkin, Cameron McClure, Tom O’Connell, Tom Rogers, James Seymour (replacement), Marcus Stoinis, Beau Webster, Luke Wood (OS).
Adelaide from, Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham (replacement), Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Colin de Grandhomme (overseas), Ryan Gibson, Adam Hose (OS), Henry Hunt, Thomas Kelly, Rashid Khan (OS), Chris Lynn, Ben Manenti, Harry Nielsen, Matt Short, Peter Siddle, Henry Thornton, Jake Weatherald.

Think there is a good chance James Seymour will get promoted up the order after being the Stars best batsman in the last game.
He’s in good form, made 119n.o on Saturday and 76n.o (67 balls, 5x4s & 5x6s) on Tuesday night for his club side Essendon.

Apparantly Carey and Head still out? With Chris Lynn and De Grandhomme out as well, the Strikers batting lineup looks thin. Matt Short has been a gun, and Hose has done well, but a lot rests on Short.

The Stars are probably worse off with the bat though, and have been in horrible form.

The game tonight will be decided by the bowling units. I think both will struggle to post a big score, no matter who wins the toss, so it will come down to how well the bowling unit can restrict the other side in the second innings. I expect this game to be dominated by the ball rather than the bat, maybe ~300 total runs score if that tonight.

Apparantly Carey and Head still out? With Chris Lynn and De Grandhomme out as well, the Strikers batting lineup looks thin. Matt Short has been a gun, and Hose has done well, but a lot rests on Short.

The Stars are probably worse off with the bat though, and have been in horrible form.

The game tonight will be decided by the bowling units. I think both will struggle to post a big score, no matter who wins the toss, so it will come down to how well the bowling unit can restrict the other side in the second innings. I expect this game to be dominated by the ball rather than the bat, maybe ~300 total runs score if that tonight.

Lynn is playing tonight but the rest aren’t.

I’m curious to see the Strikers lineup tonight. I can’t see how they play with a 6th bowling option which is risky having to rely on each member of a very average pace attack to bowl 4 overs plus relying on Short. CDG is a very handy guy to have in the middle order, not great with the ball but at least gets you through an extra 2 overs. Strikers have never beaten the Stars at the G either.

Last edited:
Lynn is playing tonight but the rest aren’t.

I’m curious to see the Strikers lineup tonight. I can’t see how they play with a 6th bowling option which is risky having to rely on each member of a very average pace attack to bowl 4 overs plus relying on Short. CDG is a very handy guy to have in the middle order, not great with the ball but at least gets you through an extra 2 bowlers. Strikers have never beaten the Stars at the G either.
I thought Lynn was injured? If he's playing that maybe tips me back to the Strikers, but it's not a game I'm confident tipping at all.

if James Seymour is your best batsman , then your team is in a bit of trouble.

Adelaides bowling also not that great. Most teams will lick their lips facing at least two of: Wes Agar, Harry Conway and Peter Siddle. They are whackable.

Also on flat batting wickets its risky playing 3 spinners.

Adelaide Strikers (Playing XI): Matthew Short, Ryan Gibson, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(w), Ben Manenti, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle(c)

Melbourne Stars (Playing XI): Joe Clarke(w), Thomas Rogers, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, James Seymour, Clint Hinchliffe, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Luke Wood, Liam Hatcher, Adam Zampa(c)

Melbourne Stars have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back