Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Milwaukee need to be more concerned about getting Middleton into the game, he was s**t yesterday and looking at his stats, it's been that way all year.

As far as being "allergic to Miami"? Come on, a win in game 7 last year would have meant a 3-3 head to head in playoffs. It's a great rivalry
But they didn't. Boston seem to be fine with other playoff matchups but by your own admission have a negative H2H against Miami.

But they didn't. Boston seem to be fine with other playoff matchups but by your own admission have a negative H2H against Miami.
A negative one yes, but to act as if we regularly get smashed by you is delusional. I get that you don't like my prediction but c'mon, it's not hard to see why we're so buoyant this season.

Luckily those weren't my words.
"Allergic to Heat". Tell me, in what way were those words supposed to be interpreted?

"Allergic to Heat". Tell me, in what way were those words supposed to be interpreted?

:handpointdown:
I explained what I meant. Smashed was not a word I used, they have trouble with Miami as they have a negative H2H in the playoffs recently. "Miami seem to have their measure" is that better? Feels like semantics.

Detroit: 26 straight losses. NBA record is 28 (by Philly). Their next 3 are Brooklyn (who they lost to today), Celtics (top team in the east) and Toronto. You'd expect them to lose the next 2 to match it. Can they beat Toronto to avoid the worst losing streak in NBA history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of the NBA all star game? 193 points in a half, 76 3 point attempts, only 2 fouls called.

Might as well make the 3 point and dunk contests part of the actual game since there's zero defence.

What's the point of the NBA all star game? 193 points in a half, 76 3 point attempts, only 2 fouls called.

Might as well make the 3 point and dunk contests part of the actual game since there's zero defence.
Can we talk about the dunk contest?

Could we be further from the halcyon days of Jordan v Wilkins or more recently Gordon v Levine? I haven’t even watched this years….once upon a time it was must watch viewing

Can we talk about the dunk contest?

Could we be further from the halcyon days of Jordan v Wilkins or more recently Gordon v Levine? I haven’t even watched this years….once upon a time it was must watch viewing
The whole weekend has become a parody of its former self.

About the only thing that I think is worth watching is the 3 point contest which I used to think was the lowlight of the weekend.

Last edited:
The whole weekend has become a parody of its former self.

About the only thing that I think is worth watching is the 3 point contest which I used to think was the lowlight of the weekend.
Yes, same for me.

My year used to revolve around the dunk contest when I was a kid.

Yes, same for me.

My year used to revolve around the dunk contest when I was a kid.
Can you imagine Patrick Ewing or David Robinson even consider letting uncontested dunks occur? Enter the paint at your own risk.

I think any kid of my vintage had the Jordan v Hawkins dunk contest on VHS, incredible stuff.

Can you imagine Patrick Ewing or David Robinson even consider letting uncontested dunks occur? Enter the paint at your own risk.

I think any kid of my vintage had the Jordan v Hawkins dunk contest on VHS, incredible stuff.
‘Nique was robbed in Chicago - will take that to my grave. There is no world in which one of his windmills was not a 50.

I can’t even watch the game….

‘Nique was robbed in Chicago - will take that to my grave. There is no world in which one of his windmills was not a 50.

I can’t even watch the game….
I checked scores on ESPN for a bit in the hope the Mike Malone comment from last year would've caused a bit of a mindshift towards playing the game a bit harder, as it stands I haven't watched a second of it and I won't (unless by accident)

Celts v Nuggets today was a serious, serious game - Do yourselves a favour and watch. Big time playoff vibe.

Love it when we start getting to pointy end of season and the games start to matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back