Oppo Camp Banter with a Hawthorn supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

I remembered 2010 when their fans and even players were talking about Grand Finals before even playing us in an Elimination Final. We all know how that turned out.

If Mark Harvey can smack Alastair Clarkson in a final, Ross Lyon is going to rape him.

********* cross-breed featuring the nauseating ego of Pies supporters crossed with the feral grunt of the Cats.

Bit disappointed with that... stinks very similarly to the pre-Geelong game. As I recall it didn't seem to work out for them so well.

Not confident. Cocky. There's a difference.

I'm beginning to remember the 2010 elimination final when the anticipated Hawks vs Geelong match up in the semi was a mere formality. Just had to belt those pesky Dockers.

Come off it
With all due respect I think you read too many newspapers
Come over to the Hawk board and chat to the real supporters
You will find confidence, of course, but also plenty of trepidation and nervousness

Exactly the same as the Docker board

I'm beginning to remember the 2010 elimination final when the anticipated Hawks vs Geelong match up in the semi was a mere formality. Just had to belt those pesky Dockers.

Was there even a game in Perth that year? All I remember seeing on their board was discussion about their big game against Geelong in wk 2.

Yeah - me too Lost_Deputy. I wrote that purely from an amusement point of view. I couldn't believe the cockiness and the "got it in the bag" mentality from most of them. Any attempt at proper analysis and discussion was smacked down. It reminded me why I don't visit opposition boards before a game.

Best just to hang out with the fellow Purpleites here on our board and let them have their circle jerk of awesomeness on theirs.

Yeah screw 'em. It's a great time for us; let's soak it up and enjoy it.

Plus once we've rolled them it'll be just that much sweeter... Beating Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood in one year... I couldn't ask for much more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you remove the shit fight from a shit fight thread?

Some of my best work too. :(

I can't be stuffed cleaning up crap from petty war of words between 2 boards. Don't go saying "They said this on the Hawks board" to only bring them back in here for flame wars.
WE have to concentrate on Final and the excitement. Take that crap to the bay.

I just wandered across there to have a look prior to seeing this thread. I was surprised that the thread about who Crowley might go to was littered with classy responses about who would smash him behind play or before the bounce.

I won't be venturing over those parts again this week.

Swans and Dogs fans top 2.

Dogs fans seem to have the same self-depreciating humour as Freo fans.

Yeah, I enjoyed the cross posting with the Doggies. And quite a few of them have come across to genuinely wish us all the best for the Grannie. Swans too.

Geelong was a mixed bag, especially when the Simonds issue reared its ugly head. More bad than good. I especially remember how they trolled our board when they beat us for home and away.

As an aside, I wonder if Ross was foxing Hawthorn earlier this year at Aurora? I still can't shake the feeling that he was foxing Geelong at Simonds earlier this year.

Yeah, I enjoyed the cross posting with the Doggies. And quite a few of them have come across to genuinely wish us all the best for the Grannie. Swans too.

Geelong was a mixed bag, especially when the Simonds issue reared its ugly head. More bad than good. I especially remember how they trolled our board when they beat us for home and away.

As an aside, I wonder if Ross was foxing Hawthorn earlier this year at Aurora? I still can't shake the feeling that he was foxing Geelong at Simonds earlier this year.

Wouldn't put it passed him.

We had a dedicated Poo and Wee grand final banter thread on our board last year, it was good fun. I think we labelled it 'Dorks Welcome' or something like that, from memory. There are a few good Hawks supporters on BF around. Enjoy the week, guys!

We had a dedicated Poo and Wee grand final banter thread on our board last year, it was good fun. I think we labelled it 'Dorks Welcome' or something like that, from memory. There are a few good Hawks supporters on BF around. Enjoy the week, guys!

There are a few, but they seem heavily outnumbered, and even some of their mods are quite jaundiced (which is putting it mildly). And hatemongers from other clubs are steadily streaming in; like attracted to like it would seem.

I really can't understand the potency of their vitriol - they're favourites, have an extra days rest, don't have to fly and have an excellent record against us. Weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back