Ballarat F.L

Remove this Banner Ad

Kooley said:
Dion Miles is coaching a club in Gippsland.

Kooley - Do you know which club Dion Miles is coaching in Gippsland ? I met him at the level two coaches course and he seems to be a good bloke. He said the only reason he aint coaching East point is that he has a young family and its pretty difficult to commute from Hoppers Crossing to Ballarat every Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday.

rightfoot_sloth said:
Kooley - Do you know which club Dion Miles is coaching in Gippsland ? I met him at the level two coaches course and he seems to be a good bloke. He said the only reason he aint coaching East point is that he has a young family and its pretty difficult to commute from Hoppers Crossing to Ballarat every Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday.
Wouuldn't it be quicker to commute from Hoppers to Ballarat (Straight down the Highway), than to the Gippsland (through city traffic), just my thoughts

Little, Hampden Interleague ruckman, has signed with Ballarat and will be assistant coach. John halloran from St. Mary's, GFL, has also signed. Julian Porter from North Ballarat has returned to the Red and white.

Wes Hehir has left sunbury and headed to greenvale, while robbie townsend has decided to pursue commitments with his band.

rightfoot_sloth said:

Not quite sure of the club, but i'm sure he has taken his family and moved to Gippsland.

Sunbury senior side have totally dominated strathmore on friday niite in their praccy match at whitten oval. plenty of the young blokes have stood up in the match. sunbury look like being a very difficult side to topple. the big test is gisborne next sunday.

any news on ballarat league sides praccy matches over the weekend? i know sunbury killed strathmore would be great if anyone has any other news.

colbys_kid said:
any news on ballarat league sides praccy matches over the weekend? i know sunbury killed strathmore would be great if anyone has any other news.
Ballarat v Grovedale was called off as Grovedale players had to attens a wedding. F ucking soft. Ballarat having intra club thurs night, will let you know.

Bump the Ballarat F.L. thread back to the top with the news that coaching legend, John Northey, has been announced as the new coach for Ballarat. He has signed for two seasons and will also work as the manager of the new social facility the club has built at their Alfredton home ground.
Northey is a revered figure in Ballarat coaching ranks having coached Redan to three consecutive premierships between 1975 and 1977 and then coaching the BFL interleague team to four consecutive VCFL Championships between 1981 and 1984. These feats were the springboard to him moving to VFL/AFL ranks where he successfully coached Sydney, Melbourne, Richmond and Brisbane. His last caoching post was with South Fremantle in the WAFL.
Northey was the inaugural inductee in the Redan FC Hall of Fame earlier this year.

Facts and figures lifted from the Ballarat Courier and WIN TV reports of Northey's appointment.

Grimmett said:
Bump the Ballarat F.L. thread back to the top with the news that coaching legend, John Northey, has been announced as the new coach for Ballarat. He has signed for two seasons and will also work as the manager of the new social facility the club has built at their Alfredton home ground.
Northey is a revered figure in Ballarat coaching ranks having coached Redan to three consecutive premierships between 1975 and 1977 and then coaching the BFL interleague team to four consecutive VCFL Championships between 1981 and 1984. These feats were the springboard to him moving to VFL/AFL ranks where he successfully coached Sydney, Melbourne, Richmond and Brisbane. His last caoching post was with South Fremantle in the WAFL.
Northey was the inaugural inductee in the Redan FC Hall of Fame earlier this year.

Facts and figures lifted from the Ballarat Courier and WIN TV reports of Northey's appointment.
this would have to be the biggest news in the BFL in 30 years. incredible news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimmett said:
Certainly a big coup for Ballarat FC. Hope they go alright but they are a long way off the pace of Sunbury, Redan, Melton South etc.

Matt Ilsley playing there again?

Grandale said:
Matt Ilsley playing there again?

Played there in 2005. Haven't heard anything about his 2006 plans. He'd be rising 34 I reckon and I seem to recall an article in The Ballarat Courier this year where he stated he just wanted to play in aonther finals game for Ballarat. At a guess I'd say he'll go around again with the Swans.

Grimmett said:
Played there in 2005. Haven't heard anything about his 2006 plans. He'd be rising 34 I reckon and I seem to recall an article in The Ballarat Courier this year where he stated he just wanted to play in aonther finals game for Ballarat. At a guess I'd say he'll go around again with the Swans.
Can anyone tell me anything about a player called Matthew Batterstello ( I think thats how you spell his last name) Can he play and what is his background. I heard he was being looked at for the Ballarat coaching job. He played there last year I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back