Multiplat Balatro

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Anyone playing this? It's a super addictive poker-themed roguelike. Deck builders are normally hit or miss for me but I bought this a couple of days ago and can't stop playing. Closest game I can think of is Slay the Spire but the deck building combinations in this game are even more batshit insane.

Has been removed from the Switch Shop 😕

Seems to be an issue with the classification due to the gambling element, will hopefully be up again soon.
Yeah, it's because of its PEGI rating due to "gambling imagery" associated with its poker theme. It's back on all the other stores besides Nintendo but I'd expect they'll fall into line soon. I bought it on Steam.

1709777792627.png

Yeah, it's because of its PEGI rating due to "gambling imagery" associated with its poker theme. It's back on all the other stores besides Nintendo but I'd expect they'll fall into line soon. I bought it on Steam.

View attachment 1921532

I could get it on XBox, but it's the sort of game I'd prefer on Switch, so hopefully it's up again soon.

I've been enjoying it a fair bit over the last week. Game opens up a lot when you unlock some of the crazier deck and jokers.

This is my new addiction.

Starting to learn the game and get better at it. Accidentally discarded hands and played them at the wrong times that cost me a couple runs. So good though.

Changed majority of my high cards in my deck to hearts. Got the joker card that multiplies for every heart you use. Plenty of flushes, straight flushes and even a royal flush. A few other handy jokers and I breezed through for my first win a few hours in.

Just got another win by playing 3 card hands of threes of a kind using the ripped in half joker that gives you a +20 multiplier for playing three cards or less, another joker which gives you a multiplier equal to the number of times of your most played hand, and levelling up the three of a kind hand to Lvl 17 through buying Venus cards.

I know this paragraph makes no sense if you haven't played the game, but do yourself a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1000001919.png

Managed to beat Ante 8 with only playing 10 blinds for an achievement. Did it first try with the Ghost deck

Finally unlocked everything and completed the collection. Beating ante 11 was no joke

Do the unlocks only require up to Ante 11? That's surprising. I'm hitting a wall at Ante 14, feel like I need a spreadsheet at this point to actually min max 😅

Maybe I need to unlock more jokers, I think I still have around 30 to go.

Do the unlocks only require up to Ante 11? That's surprising. I'm hitting a wall at Ante 14, feel like I need a spreadsheet at this point to actually min max 😅

Maybe I need to unlock more jokers, I think I still have around 30 to go.

Yeah, only 11. There's only like 2 decks that'll beat Ante 14, so unlocking more Jokers won't help, you're probably using one already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back