Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like that’s really good, tbh. Better than I could do, anyway. 🤷‍♂️
It's really weird that Suma's face is sharper than Darling even though he is further away from the camera, can't unsee it. They could have done some minor blurring or something instead of making Suma's face uncanny valley. It is cool though

Even for local footy, this is pretty egregious. The recently renamed Western Football Netball League (formerly the Western Region FL) introduced a new logo to go with their new name for 2024. Regardless of what you think of the logo, the 'W' mark and the text are misaligned by a fairly significant amount! It's the same logo used across all their socials, website etc. It can't be anything but a mistake – it's close enough for those without a keen eye to miss, but to me it stood out straight away.

images

I ran a straight line down the middle of the logo in Photoshop to demonstrate, and it's fairly ordinary. I actually sent these attachments off to the league in an email tonight in the genuine hope that they can correct the mistake before they start printing it on too much merchandise and apparel. I don't know A) how a legitimate designer could have turned this out, and B) how no one seems to have spotted it.

Western FNL logo off-centre.png

WFNL Off Centre Zoomed.png

Holy s**t, now I can see this part!

View attachment 1982492
View attachment 1982493

The middle leg isn't Suma's, it's the other player (?) This is one of those photoshop fail legs. The shorts also don't make logical sense, I am so confused

200.gif
You’re funny, you didn’t notice that until I brought you behind the curtain.

It’s just a quick graphic my guy, might be over analysing a tad?

You’re funny, you didn’t notice that until I brought you behind the curtain.

It’s just a quick graphic my guy, might be over analysing a tad?

thiiiiiss.

Like, come on guys. This is a good graphic, designed to be looked at for 5 seconds and scrolled on from. You don’t have days to work on a social tile, in amongst the 20 other projects on the fly at any given time. Not to mention the need to constantly push boundaries with content for engagement, but as soon as it’s pushed slightly too far, you end up here.

Used to fear it, but now I’d probably wear it as a badge of honour. 🤷‍♂️

thiiiiiss.

Like, come on guys. This is a good graphic, designed to be looked at for 5 seconds and scrolled on from. You don’t have days to work on a social tile, in amongst the 20 other projects on the fly at any given time. Not to mention the need to constantly push boundaries with content for engagement, but as soon as it’s pushed slightly too far, you end up here.

Used to fear it, but now I’d probably wear it as a badge of honour. 🤷‍♂️
I know, but it's hillarious lol. It's like when you're watching a bad rip of a movie and the sound is 0.1 second out, or you notice a pixel on your tv just a little to the left of the middle of the screen. Now you have seen it! xD

Even for local footy, this is pretty egregious. The recently renamed Western Football Netball League (formerly the Western Region FL) introduced a new logo to go with their new name for 2024. Regardless of what you think of the logo, the 'W' mark and the text are misaligned by a fairly significant amount! It's the same logo used across all their socials, website etc. It can't be anything but a mistake – it's close enough for those without a keen eye to miss, but to me it stood out straight away.

images

I ran a straight line down the middle of the logo in Photoshop to demonstrate, and it's fairly ordinary. I actually sent these attachments off to the league in an email tonight in the genuine hope that they can correct the mistake before they start printing it on too much merchandise and apparel. I don't know A) how a legitimate designer could have turned this out, and B) how no one seems to have spotted it.

View attachment 1982396

View attachment 1982397
That logo is horrendous, what they had previously would've work way better with a few small tweaks. Looks like a terrible change for the sake of change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back