Bad beats

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2014
Donnybrook, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
OKC (NBA), Geelong (AFLW)
I'm sharing this grim tale as a first-time poster to this NBA fantasy forum as I am 100% keen to join up next season.

My 22/23 Yahoo h2h non-keeper league is in its 8th year, and after taking out 21/22's COVID plagued season I was front runner for back-to-back.

My lucky superior drafting landed me multiple players that had monster years. Well above expected. The yellow players stuck with me all season.
1679703407471.png

At the end of the season, I was 16-4 with a for/against % well over the league record. Everyone was talking like my championship was a formality. I believed it too.

The 3 of my 4 losses during the season were to Team Sheed; who fortunately found himself perfectly timed with his most player games vs my lowest (plus a couple injuries). It was frustrating, but thats how Fantasy goes sometimes.

1679703028123.png

Week 1 of finals, I enjoyed the week off while Luka, Shai came back from injuries. It was seeming to work out well.

Currently it's week 2 and I'm facing Team Sheed. My nemesis. And once again, he was fortunately uninjured ... and I had added a long list of injuries to my squad.
Day 1: OUT - Doncic, Edwards, Markkanen
Day 2: OUT - Nil scheduled
Day 3: OUT - Trent-Jr, Edwards, Simons (Doncic score on IL)
Day 4: OUT - Nil scheduled ... INJ - Rozier
Day 5: OUT - Rozier, Trent-Jr, Markkanen, Simons
Day 6:
Day 7:

I'm 200pts behind with 2 days left, and it's impossible to claw it back.

Most frustrating part of this is the NBA teams reporting (not reporting) injuries truthfully. With Fantasy league lockouts, you cant drop and move IL players onto the roster last minute. You can't add a waiver player last minute. And most of these OUTs were all news on the day of the game.

To make all this worse, I had Laird as my AFL fantasy captain last week. It's been a rough week.

Just have to remember these famous words from Aaliyah:
Try Again Music Video GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back