Baby Reindeer

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont the Lord

Rookie
Apr 11, 2024
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would love people's thoughts on this. Had a few punters recommend it to me but I find it difficult to watch. I'm only a few episodes in so perhaps it gets better. Just don't talk to her mate is what I keep repeating to myself!

Im invested in this as much as the darl was invested in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard Trial.

Interesting though that still, no one can prove that she actually admitted to stalking and served prison time. And it seems the amount of "True Story" claims Netflix made... and how easy it was to find the real Martha, Netflix could have a lawsuit on their hands.. Regardless of how crazy she is

Im invested in this as much as the darl was invested in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard Trial.

Interesting though that still, no one can prove that she actually admitted to stalking and served prison time. And it seems the amount of "True Story" claims Netflix made... and how easy it was to find the real Martha, Netflix could have a lawsuit on their hands.. Regardless of how crazy she is
I think him saying it was "based on a true story" was part of the satire. I didn't look at it as a factual drama, but one that had some real deepness to it.

The whole series opened up conversation on so many issues we overlook as a society, hence the constant link to where people can get help. It was a very clever and raw way of addressing everything from how we stay in toxic relationships, the long term effects of abuse, how we put unrealistic expectations on ourselves, the love of a parent etc etc

In the final episode I was crying heaps in the scene with his father.

Sent from my iPhone

I think him saying it was "based on a true story" was part of the satire. I didn't look at it as a factual drama, but one that had some real deepness to it.

The whole series opened up conversation on so many issues we overlook as a society, hence the constant link to where people can get help. It was a very clever and raw way of addressing everything from how we stay in toxic relationships, the long term effects of abuse, how we put unrealistic expectations on ourselves, the love of a parent etc etc

In the final episode I was crying heaps in the scene with his father.

Sent from my iPhone
So diving into it, apparently because Netflix opens with, this is a true story and not based on a True Story...
A Netflix representative came out in British Parliament a week later declaring that it is all a true story.
So this, Combined with the ending where she is admitting shes guilty and goes to prison.. She has a solid case for defamation.

Same with the Father scene, was gutwrenching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back