Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Extraction had some of the best action sequences I'd seen in a while. The camera work was outstanding, at times in the style of 1917.
Better than I expected.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The High Note 2020

Watched this film without any real expectations, if any that I would probably not watch it all.

Found myself loving it in the end, led well by Dakota Johnson who was also brilliant in the movie Peanut Butter Falcon.

Some great old tunes in there too.

Saw Extraction, the new Hemsworth movie. I liked it bit it wont be everyone's cup of tea, It's one of those 'turn your brain off " movies. The body count is mind boggling

My thoughts to a point. Having watched the movie, I also thought the body count was 'off the scales' and even though the turn your brain off notion is founded, there were enough well designed and emotional features that gave weight to the show.
The stunts and cinematography were of a very high calibre.

Half way into the year and Midsommar is still the standout for me and it's not as though I'm not trying.

Two Heads Creek 2019

Little Aussie horror that's sharp funny and a complete surprise packet.

Shirley 2020

Another horror which was well written and put together.

My thoughts to a point. Having watched the movie, I also thought the body count was 'off the scales' and even though the turn your brain off notion is founded, there were enough well designed and emotional features that gave weight to the show.
The stunts and cinematography were of a very high calibre.

Half way into the year and Midsommar is still the standout for me and it's not as though I'm not trying.
What year are you working off? Calendar? Financial, Oscars? Cannes? Midsommar was mid-late 2019 surely

What year are you working off? Calendar? Financial, Oscars? Cannes? Midsommar was mid-late 2019 surely

I only saw it earlier this year though.
I don't recall its cinema run here in Australia, either.

Cueing up one of my favourites which I haven't seen for some year now - Martyrs.
That movie sat with me for days in good and bad ways...either way though being better than no way.

I only saw it earlier this year though.
I don't recall its cinema run here in Australia, either.

Cueing up one of my favourites which I haven't seen for some year now - Martyrs.
That movie sat with me for days in good and bad ways...either way though being better than no way.
You seem to like french films a lot harker, they're all the best lol..

You seem to like french films a lot harker, they're all the best lol..

Not specifically. Just good movies and more importantly movies with good ideas.
There's so much dross around and commercial realities have understandably taken precedence over challenging movies.
This is not always the case and we do have companies such as A24 that take risks and so far so good for them.

I still love movies but I just don't love them quite as much, but sometimes it just takes one 'special' one to pop up and all is good again :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stumbled across "Toy Soldiers" on amazon prime last night, had forgotten how much i enjoy that movie, nothing like a little 1991 nostalgia to lighten the mood, some of the best B Grade actors in the mix in this one

Eyes Wide Shut -

A very underrated movie and one that may have also been quite different had the extra footage remained.
There are many hints as to what this movie was really about and in the current climate would have made a lot of sense.
Pity Kubricks untimely death didn't make for a lot of sense..or maybe it did.

I watched Muriel‘s Wedding the other night. It has stood the test of time which, in my opinion, makes it a classic. The combination of comedy and pathos is the key to why this movie works so well. It also helps when a cast is on fire and delivers in spades because it’s a great story with a great script.

The scene of Hibiscus Island where they sing Waterloo is unforgettable.

Well FMD if Muriel's Wedding is a classic then we're all flowered

That's all you needed to say. :)

People like their comedies and that's fine.
Some are just too sugar and spice and if you're not a sweet-tooth.....you're flowered.

Right now, I'd almost go to a Muriels Wedding against most of the 'well-meaning' movies on display. At least Muriels Wedding is honest.
The industry has largely been hijacked by politics & algorithms and that's somewhat of a sad fact. Sadder still though, is that we're buying it.

PRIMER

Great little movie and by little I mean a budget of petty cash.
That doesn't matter though as it has a great idea behind it.

Recently watched Jojo rabbit and thought it was fantastic, Parasite, even with the hype was great and just watched, the Gentleman, loved it.

I need to watch more films
Loved JoJo Rabbit - Sam Rockwell was amazing in his minor role - Funny/Sad /Quirky - Taika Waititi at his finest
Parasite was over hyped for me
While I liked Gentleman didn't have the nuances of Snatch/LS2SB which are some of my favourite movies and is ultimately a little forgetable

The king of staten Island.

Great movie with the lead having helped write it, based on some of his own experiences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back