Marcus North
Ben Hilfenhaus

Out:
Matthew Hayden (retired)
Nathan Hauritz (dropped)

Could we have started the series in better fashion... :D
The ironing. The lulz.
Phillip Hughes gone for a duck on debut. :eek:

Well I personally loved that considering all the "brng the kid in now, NOW NOW NOW NOW NAO GET TO ZE CHOPPAA!" that was predating his call up and he fails so spectacularly in his first hit out after "I'm looking forward to batting with Kato, since New South Welshmen like to cover each others asses when we fail"

Hughes duck
Katich 3

Sure, pretty nifty catch to get kato out for 3, but 3 off 25 looks horriffic.

I suppose they did get lucky with Ponting dropped but ha, can;t help but laigh at 2 NSW players both failing.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLFFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Bowling1_big.jpg

Test evenly posed atm imo. North proving a good selection, Hughes terrible shot but clearly just nerves. Judging by the ball that got Ponting I expect good things from Hilf. And by good things I mean 5-10 wickets, bookmark it!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLFFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Bowling1_big.jpg

Test evenly posed atm imo. North proving a good selection, Hughes terrible shot but clearly just nerves. Judging by the ball that got Ponting I expect good things from Hilf. And by good things I mean 5-10 wickets, bookmark it!

Talking up your mate Hilf already Tassie, he hasn't even bowled a ball yet :D Seriously though he should go alright as the conditions will suit him with plenty of movement around.

Good recovery last night after it looked we could be skittled for under 200 at one stage. Terrible shot from Hughes, obviously first test nerves got to him a bit but hopefully he'll improve as the series goes on. North looked pretty good at no.6, I think he could cement a spot there if he keeps going the way he is.

Now see, it's not first test nerves when the man chose to face the first over, you can't have it both ways in that if he had of pulled it off "oh brave kid for facing up to Steyn first ball of first test ra ra ra" but since he failed "oh he was nervous, it was all nerves..."

It was a terrible shot. Period. He made the choice to face up as opposed to let Kato face up, his own fault.

Yeah should have let Katich face up. But still it'd have to be nerves wouldn't it, I've watched him a few times and never seen him play a shot anywhere near that bad.

So far so good for Hilf and Australia. We've exceeded my expectations so far and are actually looking pretty good.

Great knock by North too btw, if he keeps it up for the rest of the tour that'd be the final nail in Roy's test coffin you'd reckon.

But Roy made a 50 in domestic, that obviously catapults him into the best 12 in the country!

I'd say Hughes was probably overawed, nervous and trying too hard to get bat on ball instead of playing his natural game. But he only has himself to blame for it really.

But Roy made a 50 in domestic, that obviously catapults him into the best 12 in the country!

I'd say Hughes was probably overawed, nervous and trying too hard to get bat on ball instead of playing his natural game. But he only has himself to blame for it really.

Look out boy's i'm back!!! Aussies most overated cricketer (i think)S.Watson made a ton yesterday against a very average Vic bowling attack.I'ts a wonder the selectors hav'nt rushed him over to Sth.Africa to fail once again:(

Haha yeah I was watchign cricket Victorias webupdate on that, saw appeal - denied, appeal denied, "just wide of slip" and the like against a premier cricket line up and he hits a century while most of the Bulls fall around him. Definitely shoe in to fill that underperforming all rounder spot... wait? What's this? He's pulled a heart muscle? Well nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried if there's no siddle and hilfy for tonite's test.

any updates people?

Cricket board, stated that Siddle and Hilfy were supposedly passed fit to play cited Foxsports as their source.

Not sure we'll need them.

0-171. Hughesey with another ton. (<--Is that how you spell it??)
This is not a flat, lifeless wicket is it?

Well I personally loved that considering all the "brng the kid in now, NOW NOW NOW NOW NAO GET TO ZE CHOPPAA!" that was predating his call up and he fails so spectacularly in his first hit out after "I'm looking forward to batting with Kato, since New South Welshmen like to cover each others asses when we fail"

Hughes duck
Katich 3

Sure, pretty nifty catch to get kato out for 3, but 3 off 25 looks horriffic.

I suppose they did get lucky with Ponting dropped but ha, can;t help but laigh at 2 NSW players both failing.

Who follows it up with a very nice 100 in his second match.

Odd couple of shots by Ponting, to just get out

Glad Hughes made some runs though. Hadn't seen him before the 1st Test but from what I saw, thought he looked a batsman (1st innings, shambolic nervous wild swing aside). Nothing in this test made me think otherwise.

Happy he's in the side instead of Warner! Then again, Warner struggles to make the NSW side ... would always consider yourself a chance against him I reckon

mini collapse, mini collapse don't you just have to laugh when you can build an opening stand worth 200 and then piss it all down the drain as quick wickets fall because captain cat decides to chance his luck again instead of building an innings?

****ing huge collapse, ****ing mother****er huge collapse
EFA.

Already all out in just under 2&1/2 hrs of play.....lol?

Gotta say, twas and impressive effort by Midge to nip Graeme Smith on the opposite hand, pretty much in the exact same spot to the one in Sydney.

Fair to say Smith was not a happy camper.

& Seth Efrica's efforts made our collapse look like a deplorable effort.

EFA.

Already all out in just under 2&1/2 hrs of play.....lol?

I jinx things far too harshly I think since the collapse kinda hasn't stopped yet. No one ask me to predict the weather, might break the goddamn planet in half. :D

Seems to be an entirely different pitch from day 1 or the players are all off their faces and bouncing off imaginary walls or something because that's just damn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back