Aussies Aussie Watch - RIO 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

News.com.au proving how trashy and clickbaity it truly is.

What do you think would be the lead story? Tom Burton winning gold surely.

Nope, Michelle ****ing Jenneke's warm up

newscom.png

Absolutely disgraceful. A new low, even by their standards.

Today's Update.

AOC predicted medals. These were done 6 months ago and may be out of date to the actual chances.

Italic means they are completing. underline are new sections.
GOLD:
Annette Edmondson (Cycling, Omnium (7th)
Mathew Belcher and Ryan Will (Sailing, 470),(currently 2nd with 3 races to go.)

SILVER:
Jared Tallent (Athletics, 50km walk),
Kenith Wallace and Lachlan Tame (Canoe/Kayak, K2 1000m),
Caroline Buchanan (Cycling, women’s BMX),
Glenn O’Shea (Cycling, Omnium)(7th ), ,
Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin (Sailing, Nacra 17), (4th with 4 races to go)
Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen (Sailing, 49er), (3rd with 4 races to go)

BRONZE:
Women’s basketball team, (Quarters v Serbia)
Tom Burton (Sailing, laser)
,(2nd with 1 race to go. has a medal)

ABC Outsiders, or not mentioned:
Eleanor Patterson (high jump),
Men's K4 1000m,
Brooke Stratton (long jump),
Dani Samuels (Discus) (In final),
Boomers, (Quarters v Lithuania, Midnight on Wednesday/Thursday))

Sam Willoughby (BMX)
Women's water polo team (lost to Hungary, somehow, in 1/4's despite being 5-1 up)
The Hockeyroos (lost to NZ in 1/4. passports have been destroyed)
Anna Meares (Sprint. came 10th. great career girl)
Murray Stewart KI 1000M, (fastest qualifier. strong medal chance returning from injury)
Alyssa Bull and Alyce Burnett (K2 500M) (3rd in semi. in final. massive outside chance)

For the sailing. sorry if i miss one. i know nothing about it. tried my best.

Tomorrows "chances."
- Alyssa Bull and Alyce Burnett (K2 500M) need a Bradbury but young. slowest in final 10.23pm
- Murray Stewart in the K1 1000m. The fastest qualifier at 3:32.60. 23.12pm
- Opals play Serbia in Basketball 1/4. 12am.
- Dani Samuels in the Discuss. Threw a 64.46m on her last attempt. 0:20am
- A. Edmondson has 3 races. Currently 5th and outside chance of a minor medal. last race 6:05am
Along with Tom Burton winning Gold, Waterhouse and Darmanin won silver in the Nacra 17 event missing out on gold by 1 point.

Today's Update. (Wednesday)

AOC predicted medals. These were done 6 months ago and may be out of date to the actual chances.

GOLD:
Annette Edmondson (Cycling, Omnium (7th) 8th after a v.poor points race. was a minor medal chance before then
Mathew Belcher and Ryan Will (Sailing, 470),(currently 3rd with not many races to go)

SILVER:
Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin (Sailing, Nacra 17), SILVER!!!!!!!!!
Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen (Sailing, 49er),
(3rd) see twitter post)

BRONZE:
Women’s basketball team, (Quarters v Serbia) Terrible. 26 TO's and confirmation of the "curse" of the quarters by our teams.
Tom Burton (Sailing, laser),(GOLD!!!!!!!)

Men's K4 1000m,
Brooke Stratton (long jump), Made the final with the 10th longest jump.
Dani Samuels (Discus) (In final), Done by the curse of 4th. Good effort though.

Sam Willoughby (BMX)
Murray Stewart KI 1000M, (Was done by the "curse" of the swimming team. slower than his heats and then finished 4th. veryAustraliann and should be proud)
Alyssa Bull and Alyce Burnett (K2 500M) (issues with boat and just happy to be there. Last in final)

Tomorrows "chances."
- Boomers play Lithuania in Basketball 1/4. 12am. Has to do something the Boomers side has have struggled to do and no Aussie side has done yet. win a 1/4 bloody final.
- BMX TT for placings. (2-3am)
- Brooke Stratton in the Long Jump. Seems a very big long shot. 10:15am

Today's Update. (Wednesday)

GOLD:
Annette Edmondson (Cycling, Omnium (7th) 8th after a v.poor points race. was a minor medal chance before then
Mathew Belcher and Ryan Will (Sailing, 470),(currently 3rd with not many races to go)

SILVER:
Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin (Sailing, Nacra 17), SILVER!!!!!!!!!
Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen (Sailing, 49er),
(3rd) see twitter post)

BRONZE:
Women’s basketball team, (Quarters v Serbia) Terrible. 26 TO's and confirmation of the "curse" of the quarters by our teams.
Tom Burton (Sailing, laser),(GOLD!!!!!!!)

Men's K4 1000m,
Brooke Stratton (long jump), Made the final with the 10th longest jump.
Dani Samuels (Discus) (In final), Done by the curse of 4th. Good effort though.

Sam Willoughby (BMX)
Murray Stewart KI 1000M, (Was done by the "curse" of the swimming team. slower than his heats and then finished 4th. veryAustraliann and should be proud)
Alyssa Bull and Alyce Burnett (K2 500M) (issues with boat and just happy to be there. Last in final)

Tomorrows "chances."
- Boomers play Lithuania in Basketball 1/4. 12am. Has to do something the Boomers side has have struggled to do and no Aussie side has done yet. win a 1/4 bloody final.
- BMX TT for placings. (2-3am)
- Brooke Stratton in the Long Jump. Seems a very big long shot. 10:15am
If she matches her PB she could medal. Pretty sure it's +7 metres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With due respect, I think we have been really poor
Swimming and hockey in particular

Some people just aren't satisfied. We have been really punching above our weight for 2 decades now and other nations have caught up. It is being disrespectful to those nations who have improved and worked hard to do so.

Some people just aren't satisfied. We have been really punching above our weight for 2 decades now and other nations have caught. It is being disrespectful to those nations who have improved and worked hard to do so.
When the aoc make predictions of a top 5 finish with 16-17 gold, how do you expect the general public to have lower expectations?

Some people just aren't satisfied. We have been really punching above our weight for 2 decades now and other nations have caught up. It is being disrespectful to those nations who have improved and worked hard to do so.
No
Its not about being " not satisfied "at all
If you cant do a PB at the olympics or anywhere near it, then you have failed
Our two Hockey sides, likewise to the swimmers , were terrible
Our cycling efforts were not far behind either
We have not been " punching above our weight" at all
We simply have not worked hard or smart enough at many levels and therefore have not improved as a result
Time to be a bit harsh rather than accept the mediocrity, particularly from our swim team

We obviously did really well as hosts in 2000 and then rode on the back of that through 04 and 08.

2012 and 16 is probably more of a reflection of where we are really at. Still doing a lot better than years like 92 and 96.

And then back in 88 we only won 3 golds I think.

We obviously did really well as hosts in 2000 and then rode on the back of that through 04 and 08.

2012 and 16 is probably more of a reflection of where we are really at. Still doing a lot better than years like 92 and 96.

And then back in 88 we only won 3 golds I think.

27 medals in Barcelona which we may match/beat here (but not by a lot), and 41 in Atlanta, which I doubt we will get close to.

Today's Update. (Thursday)

GOLD:
Mathew Belcher and Ryan Will (Sailing, 470),(currently 3rd, not far from 2nd. gold will be hard but likely medal)

SILVER:
Kenith Wallace and Lachlan Tame (Canoe/Kayak, K2 1000m), (into finals with 2nd fastest time)
Caroline Buchanan (Cycling, women’s BMX), (2nd in TT) semis+finals Friday
Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen (Sailing, 49er), (3rd) NZ has won gold. medal race to go. boys are 3 points down from Germany, 10 points ahead of GB)

BRONZE:
(All done)
AOC got 1 prediction right. bronze to the 3M diving girls. just picked the wrong team members
one prediction got gold(Tom, Sailing)
2 got silver(Mens TP, 4x100 girl medley),
5 others all didnt medal. (Cycling, team sprint-4th just), Opals-quarters, men’s 4x200m freestyle relay(4th, just....), Cate Campbell(5th and fading fast) Jessica Ashwood(7th)
we currently have 9 Bronze.
Men's K4 1000m,
Brooke Stratton (long jump), Made the final 8 and finished 7th. outclassed in a top quality field.
Boomers,(SEMIS NITCHESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! v Serbia. 1 win away from a medal)
Sam Willoughby (BMX) (1/4s tonight. 3rd in seedings run)
Melissa Wu one i have added, as she finished 4th in the heats.

Todays medal chances.
10pm
KenWallace and Lachlan Tame (Canoe/Kayak, K2 1000m) 10pm. finished 3rd fastest. watch out for Germans and Serbs.
Sailing. medal races around 2am-ish.
Wu. Semi final in the morning. final in the night(so night-5am morning for us). China 1-2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back