Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe to teach him about defensive pressure and accountability when he doesn't have the footy . He'd be a much better forward if he actually stayed in the contest when he wasn't getting the footy
It's for equal opportunity for the crowd. Hutchison up one end. Johnson up the other. Speckies all round.

Wonder how he’d go in the backline given his leap and hands.

No Way Nbc GIF by Law & Order

I think you have 1 player who shows determination and the other seems to lack it.
McInnes has had fewer opportunities than Johnson, and when he is in the VFL, he has put in the effort and performed. Same cannot be said about Johnson.

I'd love to see Johnson back, and I hope he performs well in the backline. But, the way he is going concerns me.
Could be as simple as him being home sick, or just losing the hunger for the game.
I hope not, but something isn't right, because he isn't VFL standard at he moment.
Reef was a first round pick and AJ was mid season, not sure you can expect the same out of the two. Dunno why AJ has more heat on him

Reef was a first round pick and AJ was mid season, not sure you can expect the same out of the two. Dunno why AJ has more heat on him
Referencing draft positions from 3 and 4 seasons ago is about as useful as an a-hole on your elbow! Once you’re in the system the expectation is the exact same from number 1 on the list to number 42.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defense is the most likely way he breaks into the team in a more permanent way imo. Third tall forward isnt really a position in our ideal set up healthy anyways. Let him spend 2024 working on playing in defense in VFL and then can possibly overtake Howe or at least getting some AFL games in next season if it works

Defense is the most likely way he breaks into the team in a more permanent way imo. Third tall forward isnt really a position in our ideal set up healthy anyways. Let him spend 2024 working on playing in defense in VFL and then can possibly overtake Howe or at least getting some AFL games in next season if it works

I disagree with that. The trick is finding one who is quick and who brings something like the forward pressure of the smaller guys he'd be replacing. I think McInnes is the guy who could have those ingredients in his kitbag.

PS: I think Johnson to defence is more about improving his application. I think he'll return to the forward line eventually.

I don't mind the idea of Johnson in defence.

Sheedy was a master at turning defenders into forwards and forwards to defenders.
We turned moore from forward into defender - no matter how many people here want to see it reversed lol
Also checkers from a defender to forward.

We turned moore from forward into defender - no matter how many people here want to see it reversed lol
Also checkers from a defender to forward.
Didn't Chris Tarrant swap from FF to FB or vice versa? Or did he swap around at Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back