No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrassing, really need to move sheedy on. He is a dinosaur.
Its like the lnp trotting out howard in all the teal seats

Sheeds might be a dinosaur, but he's spot on, the AFL's handling of it was an absolute disgrace, and in the process, they disgraced themselves.
They thought they could finesse it, take control, but in the end, they were played by a shitty little quango.
They were played for fools.
We know this, trust me. But we aren't getting apology, now or ever - which we also know. What we are meant to be doing is looking forward as a club, not bringing up crap that we're trying to move on from

If the option is siding with Sheedy or Wilson and Barrett, I'm going with the good guy. What he says is absolutely true. Never a bad time for the truth.
It's not actually that cut and dry.

What he says is true but why Sheedy and why now?

The club should 100% be working to get Jobe his Brownlow back. But that needs a strategy and I’m unsure Sheeds mouthing off to Robbo is helpful.

What he says is true but why Sheedy and why now?

The club should 100% be working to get Jobe his Brownlow back. But that needs a strategy and I’m unsure Sheeds mouthing off to Robbo is helpful.
There's no way short of proving innocence that Jobe gets it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which isn't happening so long as the AFL is reliant on government money and remains signs up to ASADA.
Probably not.

Doesn’t mean we don’t agitate for it behind the scenes. Sheedy spouting stuff in the HUN certainly won’t get it done.

Robbo said on 360 last night that "this story is not dead."

Wonder what that means.
He's not wrong, we've got the 10 year retrospective to look forward to next year.

There's nothing to be said that already hasn't been said 5000 times. Sheeds has his heart in the right place, but there's not a lot back there in the past that is relevant to the here and now.

the procedural injustice of the saga sits badly with a lot of people. People like Barrett and Wilson want it buried because they were the mouthpieces of the AFL line. It was trial by media.

People like Corcoran, Sheedy and Hird spoke the truth. They have nothing to hide and there is no shame in what they have to say, whenever they say it. Acting like they are ashamed of their actions is far more damaging to the club than speaking about the saga truthfully.

the procedural injustice of the saga sits badly with a lot of people. People like Barrett and Wilson want it buried because they were the mouthpieces of the AFL line. It was trial by media.

People like Corcoran, Sheedy and Hird spoke the truth. They have nothing to hide and there is no shame in what they have to say, whenever they say it. Acting like they are ashamed of their actions is far more damaging to the club than speaking about the saga truthfully.
I don't think anyone is saying that they should be ashamed, or that by not speaking they have something to hide. But when Kevin Seedy, Essendon board member opens his mouth about it, it's taken as the EFC opening its mouth about it (similar to how when Eddie made any football comment, it was Collingwood making that comment - and he actually did a better job of separating 'media Eddie' and 'CFC Eddie' than Sheedy does as 'past legend' and 'current board member').

So what we have, or at least what is perceived, is that the club is bringing this up again, at a time when we are meant to be looking forward while also celebrating past victories, and for what purpose? Are we expecting draft compensation? Do we think the AFL is giving us the $$ back? As a club, what are we hoping to gain by board voices bringing up the saga (with no new info) and rehashing what has been pretty well documented? Especially as over the past few years we've talked about how it's all behind us and we've moved on...

I don't think anyone is saying that they should be ashamed, or that by not speaking they have something to hide. But when Kevin Seedy, Essendon board member opens his mouth about it, it's taken as the EFC opening its mouth about it (similar to how when Eddie made any football comment, it was Collingwood making that comment - and he actually did a better job of separating 'media Eddie' and 'CFC Eddie' than Sheedy does as 'past legend' and 'current board member').

So what we have, or at least what is perceived, is that the club is bringing this up again, at a time when we are meant to be looking forward while also celebrating past victories, and for what purpose? Are we expecting draft compensation? Do we think the AFL is giving us the $$ back? As a club, what are we hoping to gain by board voices bringing up the saga (with no new info) and rehashing what has been pretty well documented? Especially as over the past few years we've talked about how it's all behind us and we've moved on...
Of course it is the club bringing it up - in a way that no-one but Sheedy could bring it up. Innocence is always worth bringing up. Just because we've moved on doesn't mean that anyone has accepted that there was serious injustice in the CAS decision. The wheels of justice move slowly.

Of course it is the club bringing it up - in a way that no-one but Sheedy could bring it up. Innocence is always worth bringing up. Just because we've moved on doesn't mean that anyone has accepted that there was serious injustice in the CAS decision. The wheels of justice move slowly.
So I ask again, what 'justice' (in your opinion) is the club seeking? The players' names removed from a list nobody reads (and if so, have they asked all the players if they are happy with this COA?)? CAS/WADA to proclaim 'We was wrong' across every major media channel?
At this point in time, what injustice as actually occurring? Players are playing (or retired), Hird is coaching again, almost no-one in the football world even thinks about the saga, but then we bring it...

If individual players were doing something in the background I could understand, but I honestly can't see angle where bringing this up helps the club, or shows that we've in any way 'moved on'. So please help shed some light on it, because as a supporter it appears to me like the club is in a bit of a shambles are we're wildly casting around for distractions, none of which gives me any confidence that anyone in a position of power has a clue what they are doing.

So I ask again, what 'justice' (in your opinion) is the club seeking? The players' names removed from a list nobody reads (and if so, have they asked all the players if they are happy with this COA?)? CAS/WADA to proclaim 'We was wrong' across every major media channel?
At this point in time, what injustice as actually occurring? Players are playing (or retired), Hird is coaching again, almost no-one in the football world even thinks about the saga, but then we bring it...

If individual players were doing something in the background I could understand, but I honestly can't see angle where bringing this up helps the club, or shows that we've in any way 'moved on'. So please help shed some light on it, because as a supporter it appears to me like the club is in a bit of a shambles are we're wildly casting around for distractions, none of which gives me any confidence that anyone in a position of power has a clue what they are doing.
Well i don't know anything of course so it's all just supposition on my part but I would hope that eventually the players will be exonerated. Why has it been brought up now by a board member? I think its because Hird is coming back to the club and it's a show of support for him. A sense of unity about circumstances which threatened to destroy the club but didn't because (a) everyone was innocent; and (b) there's strength and honour in speaking the truth; and (c) everyone was innocent.

And given it's Sheedy there's likely also to be a certain satisfaction in making people like Wilson and Barrett defend their positions, which, with the benefit of hindsight, make them look even more like hysterical witch burners than they did at the time.

Wasn’t Sheedy at GWS during the saga? As harsh as it sounds, to me what he says is irrelevant as he’s speaking as a supporter and not as someone who actually knows what happened.

While we don’t know the full story, it’s not going to amount to anything as the damage is already done.

Wasn’t Sheedy at GWS during the saga? As harsh as it sounds, to me what he says is irrelevant as he’s speaking as a supporter and not as someone who actually knows what happened.

While we don’t know the full story, it’s not going to amount to anything as the damage is already done.
You didn't have to be at Essendon to know the truth of the saga - whatever your version of the truth is. Barrett and Wilson weren't there - none of us were there. Sheedy would have a better understanding of the main players in the saga than most. He's entitled to say what he's said.

You didn't have to be at Essendon to know the truth of the saga - whatever your version of the truth is. Barrett and Wilson weren't there - none of us were there. Sheedy would have a better understanding of the main players in the saga than most. He's entitled to say what he's said.
Sure he's entitled.

Doesn't mean it wasn't ******* dumb though.

Sure he can voice his opinion, but it doesn’t do much to change public opinion so I don’t know what result he is seeking/expecting. It has an old man yelling at clouds feel about it.

It’s an unfortunate situation for the innocent people caught up in this, but nothing will come from bringing it up again. It’s a dark part of the club’s history that doesn’t need to be revisited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back