Are Adelaide a decent side again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Adelaide have beaten a sh*t GWS, sh*t Carlton and sh*t Hawks. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
If they beat Richmond wanting to get top 4 I will take notice.

it's important though for confidence leading into next year

it would also be nice to not get the spoon

good luck

it's important though for confidence leading into next year

it would also be nice to not get the spoon

good luck
I don't really care about the spoon. I care about getting the talent necessary to win our next flag. If finishing last results in Logan McDonald rather than Will Phillips, the spoon is alright by me.

But yes wins is nice for confidence over summer and belief in Nicksys gameplay. Get that buy in now and as a group will put in the effort needed to hit the ground running in 2021.
Covid pending I guess.

Football can be a game of small margins. Fitness, confidence, conditioning, structure and intensity were all lacking until the last month or so.

I think we just terribly under performed in the early parts of the season. We are still a bottom four team but I don't think personnel wise we were ever the worst team in football history.

A big off season coming up list management and fitness wise to start to turn the ship around. As others have said the last three weeks will help with confidence.

I don't really care about the spoon. I care about getting the talent necessary to win our next flag. If finishing last results in Logan McDonald rather than Will Phillips, the spoon is alright by me.

But yes wins is nice for confidence over summer and belief in Nicksys gameplay. Get that buy in now and as a group will put in the effort needed to hit the ground running in 2021.
Covid pending I guess.

we have similar views......."we exist to win premierships" is the key. I don't care about 4 points or spoons. What I want to see is a clear plan to win a flag and that's what I have hated about Port this decade.

Port has been so focused on survival, $s etc that it has feared what it takes to win a flag. I remember when Port sacked a coach after winning a flag!

we have similar views......."we exist to win premierships" is the key. I don't care about 4 points or spoons. What I want to see is a clear plan to win a flag and that's what I have hated about Port this decade.

Port has been so focused on survival, $s etc that it has feared what it takes to win a flag. I remember when Port sacked a coach after winning a flag!
I look at a club like WC. They actively finished low once their 2005 and 06 groups had had their run. Resulted in a flag in 2018 and a prolonged period at the top.

Happy for Nicks. Had all the hallmarks of a Neeld/Leppitsch but he’s turned them around.

They’ll probably battle while they turn the list over but he’s got them playing with pride again.

Or Adelaide have just made use of their extra breaks compared to their opponents and have been very well looked after in the fixture.

They have played 3 games in about 22 days compared to carltons 3 in 13 days

Against the hawks (which was an away game at Adelaide oval) the hawks were coming off a 4 day break comp to the crows 8 day break.

Then again against the giants they came into the game with an extra 2 days break

The AFL certainly helped them along to get a few wins on the board....
Actually, there was a post earlier in the week comparing each teams fixtures. Adelaide have had the outright worst in regard to short turn arounds. And funnily enough, The Power have been the recipients of the best.

Go figure

Actually, there was a post earlier in the week comparing each teams fixtures. Adelaide have had the outright worst in regard to short turn arounds. And funnily enough, The Power have been the recipients of the best.

Go figure

Why do all Adelaide fans have to reply and only compare their fixture to ports, which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

The OP was asking if Adelaide had improved and essentially why are they winning suddenly now. I gave a response which may go some way to explaining why they have won the past 3 games. It may be due to the fixture they have been given this past 3 weeks compared to their opponents which you can’t argue hasn’t favoured the crows.

At no point in this discussion or thread does it have anything at all to do with port or ports fixture. So how about we actually discuss the topic of the thread and not turn this into another crows v port argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go figure
And you've played 3 more games in Adelaide. Which you all ignore.

So seriously, back to the Bay.

Spoonies are good you need at least one,.Once upon a time the Eagles finished bottom then had a stunning rise and a narrow preliminary final loss the following season.That was a fun season with all the east coast/fremantle geniuses saying -you will finish bottom again,you will finish bottom four,bottom six,you wont make the finals,you wont make the top four,you wont win the premiership.God damn they were right but it was a really fun season..I don't think Adelaide are a terrible bunch of players and are potential finalists next season.

Last edited:
March 2020.
Weird sisters: "MacCroweater, you'll win three consecutive games in September...BanqPort less happy then, but happier after..."
Adelaide: "DONE! STEAL! Lady Croweater, book the GF tickets!"

At the very least, it provides some extra interest to the WCE/Richmond top 4 tussle, given that their opponents are also now competing for the spoon. Obviously they would be big upsets unlikely to happen, but gives a double narrative of intrigue to those 2 matches now. We'd be more vulnerable to a side hungrier for a win.

Almost impossible for us to be worse than we were in the first half/two thirds of the season. We were at the absolute nadir then.

This is true but unless you nail the draft, where is the improvement coming from? Most of your players are the wrong side of 30 and B. Crouch, who has been big in your form turning around since coming back, has one foot out the door.

if anything it has given a bit of something to look forward to next season - sometimes that can be enough and if we were offered this finish to the season a month ago you would have taken it and run every single time

Shoenberg, Sholl, Macpherson, Butts, McAdam & Stengle all new players and look to be showing something

This is true but unless you nail the draft, where is the improvement coming from? Most of your players are the wrong side of 30 and B. Crouch, who has been big in your form turning around since coming back, has one foot out the door.

We don't have ~15 players over 30 ... we only had 3 on the field today (and that's including Lynch who's only technically 30 in two days), one of which retired. This is a much more inexperienced side than you are giving credit for.

Why do all Adelaide fans have to reply and only compare their fixture to ports, which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

The OP was asking if Adelaide had improved and essentially why are they winning suddenly now. I gave a response which may go some way to explaining why they have won the past 3 games. It may be due to the fixture they have been given this past 3 weeks compared to their opponents which you can’t argue hasn’t favoured the crows.

At no point in this discussion or thread does it have anything at all to do with port or ports fixture. So how about we actually discuss the topic of the thread and not turn this into another crows v port argument
Why do so many Power flogs insert themselves into Adelaide threads and sprout trolling B/S?

And you've played 3 more games in Adelaide. Which you all ignore.

So seriously, back to the Bay.
That wasn't the topic of the post I quoted. Which you now trying to deflect from.

So seriously, how about you go back to the Bay. Although, tbh, with that kind of logic you actually belong here on the MB

I do like that the point I made in the Port thread about how they have had the extra break against their opponents +8 times this season is irrelevant trolling, but now in this thread it's used to minimise the three late season wins

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back