APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else was at the skevs v haileybury game??*
Were you as embarrassed as I was for haileybury??*
Credit to skevs where it's due, but how can a side who consider themselves genuine contenders for the flag put on such a pathetic show. 6 goals to 1 point in the first quarter was bad enough, and to see some of the haileybury parents leaving at half time wasn't a surprise.*
The so called midfield God Freeman barely touched it, and him along with the rest of the "bloods" had the fumbles every time they heard footsteps because of SKCs pressure.*
Touk Miller again in the best for skevs, and it is unknown to me why no team has manned up SKCs most damaging player each week. Plays the half back roll as well as Deledio or Goddard in the AFL.*
Despite all this, as has been mentioned before SKC does have depth second to none mixed in with the class of Matheson, Hunter, Gleeson, Stewart, Ross and Kanakis. And the successful long awaited return of Gerard Gleeson had Haileybury quaking in their boots.*
Good luck to anyone trying to stop them.*

Who else was at the skevs v haileybury game??*
Were you as embarrassed as I was for haileybury??*
Credit to skevs where it's due, but how can a side who consider themselves genuine contenders for the flag put on such a pathetic show. 6 goals to 1 point in the first quarter was bad enough, and to see some of the haileybury parents leaving at half time wasn't a surprise.*
The so called midfield God Freeman barely touched it, and him along with the rest of the "bloods" had the fumbles every time they heard footsteps because of SKCs pressure.*
Touk Miller again in the best for skevs, and it is unknown to me why no team has manned up SKCs most damaging player each week. Plays the half back roll as well as Deledio or Goddard in the AFL.*
Despite all this, as has been mentioned before SKC does have depth second to none mixed in with the class of Matheson, Hunter, Gleeson, Stewart, Ross and Kanakis. And the successful long awaited return of Gerard Gleeson had Haileybury quaking in their boots.*
Good luck to anyone trying to stop them.*

Well said. Was at the game and couldn't agree more with your sentiment.

I know its jumping forward a few weeks, but, if GGS come off a win against HY this weekend, the following round v. SKC could essentially be the GF of the season. With SKC away down at Corio for the round, could GGS get up and essentially grab their first premiership in 110 years? Thoughts?

I know its jumping forward a few weeks, but, if GGS come off a win against HY this weekend, the following round v. SKC could essentially be the GF of the season. With SKC away down at Corio for the round, could GGS get up and essentially grab their first premiership in 110 years? Thoughts?

If GGS beat both HY and SKC, they will be on top of the APS Ladder equal on points with SKC. If both these teams won the remainder of their games and both finished on one loss each, GGS would be premiers due to the fact that they beat SKC. So yes, it is possible.

There another two other viable outcomes which could happen:

1. SKC win the remainder of their games and go through the season undefeated.

or

2. SKC defeat GGS, and lose to XC in the final round. This would mean a 3 way tie for the premiership. The explanation behind the 3 way tie is that all 3 teams finish equal on top of the ladder with 9 wins and 1 loss and the countback rule cannot be applied.

I know that there are many other things that can happen, but these are the 3 most realistic outcomes for the season.

No scholarships - no Wesley. No team in the year 10 comp.

You have no idea... last few years they have just had a very good group, nothing more. Care to name the players they have had on scholarships?? I reckon there was 1 or 2 max in the past 3 years.

HY over GGS by 6 out at Keysborough. Looks like GGS is gonna have a tough time getting up now, respectable season so far from the boys that no one rated

Figured out how Geelong have been winning all their games this year. I don't think anyone would have ever seen a more bias and terrible display of umpiring than that down in Geelong yesterday. Geelong resulted in at least 3 goals from very dodgy 25m penalties. At one stage, a heavy but fair bump on the wing ended up with a red card and 3 25m penalties in a row and Geelong with a shot from 15m out. If skevs had of lost that game it would have been the most undeserved win in the APS this year. The boys did very well to put up with such c**p.

Figured out how Geelong have been winning all their games this year. I don't think anyone would have ever seen a more bias and terrible display of umpiring than that down in Geelong yesterday. Geelong resulted in at least 3 goals from very dodgy 25m penalties. At one stage, a heavy but fair bump on the wing ended up with a red card and 3 25m penalties in a row and Geelong with a shot from 15m out. If skevs had of lost that game it would have been the most undeserved win in the APS this year. The boys did very well to put up with such c**p.

In the circle you are an absolute flog, Geelong were clearly the better side this weekend, St.Kevin's were a bunch of sore winners who need to learn how to take what the umpire dishes out, Manny Dolan up at full forward is an absolute flog and needs to be dropped the 4th to learn how to use his body in a contest, same goes with Lewis Fitzgerald, how the two play TAC is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the circle you are a deadset idiot. There is video footage at the APS of the bump which clearly shows head high contact. This resulted in the player being knocked out, not returning to the ground and having to watch the game on the sidelines. To the ST KEVS players, they are the cheapest team in the league and can see why the entire APS hates you.

In the circle you are an absolute flog, Geelong were clearly the better side this weekend, St.Kevin's were a bunch of sore winners who need to learn how to take what the umpire dishes out, Manny Dolan up at full forward is an absolute flog and needs to be dropped the 4th to learn how to use his body in a contest, same goes with Lewis Fitzgerald, how the two play TAC is ridiculous.
Was impartial observer at GGS v SKC game. Dolan bagged 5 playing on a very good defender Austin. If not for Austin, Dolan would have kicked 8. Fitzgerald was good contributor. It sounds like fas1 you have a serious personal dislike for these two.

Rightio mate, I'm the flog. You just bagged a bloke who kicked 5 goals in a game and has kicked at least 3 every game and the bloke with arguably the kick in the APS. As for the game Geelong played the best footy they've ever played and still couldn't win. And the umpiring, if you seriously think that it wasn't bias you're kidding yourself.

Rightio mate, I'm the flog. You just bagged a bloke who kicked 5 goals in a game and has kicked at least 3 every game and the bloke with arguably the kick in the APS. As for the game Geelong played the best footy they've ever played and still couldn't win. And the umpiring, if you seriously think that it wasn't bias you're kidding yourself.

5 goals from five touches means nothing, all uncontested possessions, will love to see what happens when the xavier game damages his confidence

5 goals from five touches means nothing, all uncontested possessions, will love to see what happens when the xavier game damages his confidence
Clearly a Xavier fan. Fas1, all you do is criticise st kevins players. Just because you're to much of a dud to get into the school does not mean that you have to consistantly make w***er remarks like you do.
You bag guys like Shaun Kennedy who has taken more contested marks this year than any other player and Manny Dolan who has kicked something like 25 goals in 6 games and is most likely leading the league in goals. Really consider what you say before you say it, otherwise, I can help you fond the west gate.

Clearly a Xavier fan. Fas1, all you do is criticise st kevins players. Just because you're to much of a dud to get into the school does not mean that you have to consistantly make Moo remarks like you do.
You bag guys like Shaun Kennedy who has taken more contested marks this year than any other player and Manny Dolan who has kicked something like 25 goals in 6 games and is most likely leading the league in goals. Really consider what you say before you say it, otherwise, I can help you fond the west gate.
Would just like to say the GGS v SKC game was the best game I saw of APS footy this year. GGS were fantastic with their run and spread and really tested SKC. Make no mistake GGS are coming and not far off challenging for that elusive APS flag. Unfortunately poor umpiring decisions detracted from what was a really good game of footy. Ross for SKC & Sloss for GGS were outstanding. Yes, one GGS player was hit hard and had to be taken off in what only could be described as an unfortunate bump, but not illegal or spiteful, hopefully he is ok. Good luck to both teams for the remainder of season.

If they were clearly the better side they would have won, alas, they did not, even though they were gifted 4 goals by your umpire. GGS also didn't have to contend with Lachy Hunter, who is the best SKC player since Ryan O'Keefe.
I'm not sure any team will beat an SKC team loaded with 16 TAC cup players and future top 3 pick in Miller.

I think its pretty fair to say GGS have surprised this season, theyve pretty much come out of nowhere and everyone highly underestimated them during the presesason. Whilst they have very little, if any chance of winning the premiership now, they're gonna be contenders for the next couple of years

i'm sorry. not taking anything away from young Hunter, but wallis and liberatore will prove you wrong. Much better players than Lachy Hunter who I personally think will struggle at AFL level (if given the chance)
You may be correct, but I am only referring to school level footy, Hunter has dominated like ROK did, nothing against Wallis and Libba.

BTW, SKC defeated MGS today in a wind affected game by 3 goals at Todd Road.

You may be correct, but I am only referring to school level footy, Hunter has dominated like ROK did, nothing against Wallis and Libba.

BTW, SKC defeated MGS today in a wind affected game by 3 goals at Todd Road.
Did not see game today but MGS must have had a real crack today from what I have heard in wet and windy conditions. MGS had their Vic Metro Reps as well did SKC with Hunter. Unlike last week I am led to believe the umpiring was outstanding allowing two quality teams go at it. Well done Umps. BGS & XC still loom as potential threats to upstage the undefeated SKC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back