Any other blood donors here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done! You have my sympathies, but I am unable to share you discomfort.I've never had any problems with donations.
I have been a regular donor over that last few years (7 donations), unfortunately I have suspend donations for 24 months after a trip to Kokoda.

Done it once and felt awful afterwards. I admire people who donate blood on a regular basis.

Also knowing myself I will probably feel guilt-tripped to donating blood again sometime in the future.

They're looking at making me a sole plasma donor so I don't feel as bad after donating. Plus they can utilize the plasma a bit better it seems, so I might give that a try. They might still want me to do whole blood though as I'm an O- donor, so who knows.

They're looking at making me a sole plasma donor so I don't feel as bad after donating. Plus they can utilize the plasma a bit better it seems, so I m
ight give that a try. They might still want me to do whole blood though as I'm an O- donor, so who knows.

Plasma is extremely valuable Kezz.
Would be an awesome thing to do.
Takes longer .saves a lot of lives tho:thumbsu:

Got up to about 20 donations, then had a soft tissue transplant. I am not able to donate any more due to concerns about mad cows diseases (explains some of my posts I suppose). But i am here to tell you that donating blood; and organ donations can change people's lives.

I am an O- too by the way. Blood worth bottling - keep preserving with it. Goodonya kezz for raising the topic

Gotta admit, it's something I always say I'm going to do but never actually do it. The missus does it all the time.

I've got my Organ Donor's card but yeah, need to put my money where my mouth is. Especially as I am O Negative.

Gotta admit, it's something I always say I'm going to do but never actually do it. The missus does it all the time.

I've got my Organ Donor's card but yeah, need to put my money where my mouth is. Especially as I am O Negative.

You will not regret it

I've donated successfully twice and unsuccessfully once - all when I was 16 but haven't since (25 in August). Due to health reasons (diagnosed with basically non curable Nasal Polyps and the medication that I take at times means I'm ineligible and suffered Anemia for a few years) I have been unable to donate since. Want to try again sometime this year, hope I'm eligible now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once you do it, you wonder why you weren't doing it all along. Takes about 15 minutes total. Plus it's a good excuse to go and have a good breakfast beforehand! :D

I'm going at 8.30am Saturday morning to the centre at Edward st to make donation number 12. Wonder how many Lions fans we can get lol.

Suffice to say I slept well last night.

Ah fair enough, for a good cause Kezz.

I want to donate blood, unsure what type I am though. However I have a dislike for needles which has put me off, and my grandfather actually suffers from having too much Iron, dad is a carrier and we are unsure about me, so I guess in the end I might have to.

My first plasma donation today. Here goes nuffin!
Ahh, that's what is was!

Saw the picture you posted on Twitter and thought "hmm, if that is Kezz's blood, I think she is from Mars..."

Ahh, that's what is was!

Saw the picture you posted on Twitter and thought "hmm, if that is Kezz's blood, I think she is from Mars..."

LOL.

It just means that I can do a few more contributions between whole blood donations (which they really need me to do, given I'm a universal donor).

One day we're going to have to get together and do a group blood donation - Team Bigfooty Lions!

Donating again on Friday!

Not meaning to show off but last week was my 24th donation. :cool:

Should have my 25th donation by my 10 year anniversary of my first donation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back