Any Braves Fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

As I alluded to another thread - Its a marathon, not a sprint. I would expect it to pick up a bit around the approaching trade deadline and once the division races are more clearly defined and come down the stretch. Kind of the "Dog Days" of the season right now.

But the Sox lost again tonight (losing 2 of 3 from the Royals at home:eek:) and the Yanks are winning 6-1 in the 9th ATM, so they should be 7 back (only 6 in losses) by tomorrow AM. God help us all if the Yanks get back within 4 or 5. I'm sure their fans will all come out of the woodwork and start posting again.:thumbsdown:. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't already. C'mon Yanks fans, you have a reputation of being insufferably optimistic assholes to uphold.:D

As I alluded to another thread - Its a marathon, not a sprint. I would expect it to pick up a bit around the approaching trade deadline and once the division races are more clearly defined and come down the stretch. Kind of the "Dog Days" of the season right now.

But the Sox lost again tonight (losing 2 of 3 from the Royals at home:eek:) and the Yanks are winning 6-1 in the 9th ATM, so they should be 7 back (only 6 in losses) by tomorrow AM. God help us all if the Yanks get back within 4 or 5. I'm sure their fans will all come out of the woodwork and start posting again.:thumbsdown:. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't already. C'mon Yanks fans, you have a reputation of being insufferably optimistic assholes to uphold.:D

Yes, we are coming back - I'm so glad to come out of the woodwork again! We've got no pitching, but the offense might just get us through.

Meanwhile, there's a bit of perspiration happening in Boston ....

Davo23

Yes, we are coming back - I'm so glad to come out of the woodwork again! We've got no pitching, but the offense might just get us through.

Meanwhile, there's a bit of perspiration happening in Boston ....

Davo23

I think it's too little too late for us unfortunately. But I think all Yankees fans can look forward to the post season with the knowledge that big Hank is going to throw some serious coin around in the free agent market. I expect to see a seriously different looking New York Yankees next year.
We are going to go hard after guys like Sabathia, Sheets, Teixeira.
Although our pitching looks woeful if we can manage to sign both or even one of these guys and go into next year with a rotation of 1) Sabathia, 2) Sheets, 3) Wang, 4) Pettitte, 5) Chamberlain or maybe even go in with a six man rotation and have Hughes as your 6th starter which will give your young guys like Chamberlain an extra day's rest.

Pete Moylan is a gun releif pitcher. ERA is high at the moment after he gave up too many runs in hs first couple of outings. But thats is slowly coming down.

Batters are only hitting .171 against him this year. Great effort too after coming back early from tommy john surgery. Normally takes a good few months/year to get back to your best.

Been a big braves fan for years. Peter Moylan rocks, brilliant with his saves when he gets the chance! Chipper Jones still a personal favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't even give Glavine a start to see if he was up to it.

Sounds more like management didn't want to pay him the $1 million bonus they promised him if he pitched in the majors this season.

Poor form.

Well from a fan perspective it sucks. Everyone remembers Glavine's significance in our '95 championship. But the Braves are deep at pitching right now, and short on offense. The "performance" concerns are really a bogus explanation. He was performing very well in the minors and was supposed to get a start this week with my home town Gwinnett Braves of Tripple-A about 20min north of Atlanta. I was planning to go see him pitch this weekend. So bummed about that. It really comes down to the fact that if he pitched next week for Atlanta, they owed him $1 million. The Braves aren't the club they were in the '90's under Ted Turner with money burning a hole in their pocket. The days of Turner saying, "Let's go get a championship," and opening up his check book to go get Fred McGriff for the '95 series are long gone. That $1 million I suspect is very important for them going to get another bat before the trade deadline in July.
A lot of hot headed fans in the state today. It was obviously all over sports talk radio this morning and afternoon.

Sad to hear Bobby Cox is calling it quit at the end of next season. Not only a legend of Atlanta Baseball, but the MLB. Will be missed.

Agreed. But in all honesty, probably time for some new blood. Over the next 2-3 years the Braves will be calling up some really good players. And in that time will probably be a dark horse for some deep playoff runs, and a stable competitor in years following. I think that Cox knows this, and knows it's better for the organization to have a fresh start with these managers. I think the fact that he is staying on as a consultant is evidence of this point. As he loves the organization and wants to play a role in its moving forward, but also wants the Braves to be ready for another long run.
And who knows, we may actually have the fire power next year to match our pitching and get him a ring as a going away present. :thumbsu:

Some highlights of the best postseason of the 21st Century.

An unbelievable late season run from the Braves from the All-Star weekend they were one of the form teams.

So much fun to watch.

Our Back to Back season begins today.

The Braves will be raising their World Series banner in front of the Braves faithful tonight in their opening day clash against the Reds. Shame Freddy won't be there, but that's life, it will still be a great night for all Braves fans,:):thumbsu:

It’s good to see some Braves fans here! I’m an Atlanta native and I have been a Braves fan over 50 years.