Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a look at just how many shots are fired by police during the incident - many of them hitting the verge and crowded highway surrounding the incident. The death of an innocent victim all but assured by their shot-happy idiocy.

The willingness of law officers in the US to irrationally use their firearms in some sort of first resort herd mentality is very much a part of the US gun control problem.

US cops are given bugger all training in every aspect, including surprisingly in firearms since they use them so much. Other nations give their police extensive training on accuracy, limiting rounds fired and preventing collateral damage to bystanders which takes time and money. US cops are taught “spray and pray”. Basically a bunch of cops surround a target and if anyone flinches all those cops empty their entire magazine into the target. Most bullets they fire will miss but with so many being fired some should hit and kill the target, shame about the bystanders.

This “spray and pray” tactic is very easy to learn for the average numbskull who the police department recruits and means the departments don’t need to spend much on training. This occurred when police officers moved away from 6 shot .38 and .357 revolvers to high capacity semi automatic pistols with 15+ round magazine capacity. Most of the time the cops didn’t carry more than 6 rounds, and even if they had spare bullets with them they take time to reload into a revolver. Now with semi autos they can switch mags in 2 seconds, and they cart 4-5 spare mags with them so a total of over 100 bullets per officer on duty is common.

In addition every US police squad car now has an AR-15 rifle, it’s not just the domain of SWAT teams (US SWAT teams are basically mechanised infantry). Multiple 30 round 5.56mm rifle calibre rounds so the average 2 person US police patrol car may have several hundred rounds of ammo inside.

And to take this problem even further the amount of police agencies in the US is so extensive that one incident can generate a response from dozens of differing agencies all with their own poorly trained highly armed officers. Let’s do a comparison with Australia. The state of Victoria has 2 police agencies, VicPol which handles most law enforcement and the AFP who handle the more serious stuff. 2 law enforcement agencies for 6.7 million people. The US state of Indiana is the closest in population to Victoria. In that state you have the Indiana State Police, the Indiana State Excise Police, the Department of Natural Resources Police, the Corrections Department Police, the Gaming Department Police, the Medicaid Fraud Police, the Social Security Police, 92 County Sheriff’s Offices, over 450 individual town and city Police Departments, 23 College and University Police Departments, 12 County School Police Departments, the Amtrak and Railroad Police, 4 Airport Police Departments, 7 Hospital Police Departments and 93 Country Prosecutor’s Departments. In addition there are the Federal Law Enforcement agencies that operate in Indiana like the FBI, DEA, ATF, Secret Service, US Marshals, NPS Rangers, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Immigration, 4 US Military Police and Criminal Investigation Services, Forest Police, Animal and Parks Police, Department of Commerce Police, Food and Drug Administration Police, TSA Police, Department of Housing Police and a hundred other Federal agencies.

They all have poorly selected, poorly trained, quick to panic officers armed to the teeth. When people say the USA is a police state it’s literally true.

US Cops do the whole over kill thing all the time, I have seen to many videos of shootings on gore sites. It shows a lack of restraint, training, and psychological weakness.

How the F someone unarmed, or with a weapon that is not a gun, needs another 30 shots pumped into them whilst they are laying on the ground motionless. There is zero excuse or need for that, despite all the cop boot lickers saying otherwise.

My most hated part is them roughing up the person bleeding out, and cuffing them, and leaving them laying on their stomach. Ever put arms behind back? Tightens your chest area. Lay on chest? Harder to breathe. Probably a tactic to "finish off" the person they shot. Where other countries are able to take down a suspect with minimal shots, and provide first aid immediately. The US Cop mindset is pump someone with 100 bullets, may as well hog tie them, and the medic doesn't arrive for over 10 mins.

Lets not even start with shooting someone in the back 10 times as they are running away posing no immediate threat.

For a country that is big on guns and are self proclaimed know it alls. The amount of shootings of innocent civilians is shocking. Especially when cops refuse to release body cams, plant guns or drugs on the victim, or create spin. Especially in cases of "I thought that 12 year old kids cap gun/water pistol was a real gun, so I shot him", "that guy walking down the street, the candy wrapper glistened in the sun, and we thought it was a gun, so we shot him", "the guy put his hand in his pocket, so we shot him before we could identify what was in it"

In Australia, we are taught as part of firearms training. To IDENTIFY what you are shooting at, AND what is around and behind the target before you pull a trigger. A process that only takes barely any time. In America, you are taught to shoot first, ask questions later, and we will protect you from any wrong doing.

Last edited:

So, rather than the US making adequate change, they are now jailing parents who follow the recommendations by trained professionals....
They bought their dopey kid a gun, kid goes to school, draws pictures of shooting other kids, teachers tell the parents their kid is very concerning, parents ignore it, kid shoots a heap of kids.
The parents are complicit and guilty of manslaughter!
Simple case really.

So, rather than the US making adequate change, they are now jailing parents who follow the recommendations by trained professionals....
They bought their dopey kid a gun, kid goes to school, draws pictures of shooting other kids, teachers tell the parents their kid is very concerning, parents ignore it, kid shoots a heap of kids.
The parents are complicit and guilty of manslaughter!
Simple case really.
I can see both sides of this argument.

Its basically anything so that they don't have to address the root cause.

Around 1:30 p.m. local time, the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force was serving active felony warrants for possession of a firearm by a felon and felony flee to elude on a male suspect at a residence on the 5000 block of Galway Drive in the city's North Tryon Division.

More guns needed ?
I wonder what the NRA and Republicans will spin?
No doubt thoughts prayers etc

Obviously undergunned and undertrained in SWAT tactics.
And with perps like this out and about, you need your own arsenal to stay safe.
And by the way, have you seen our new bulletproof, home invasion proof door we have available on our website. 80% discount with the following promo-code. ;)

Around 1:30 p.m. local time, the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force was serving active felony warrants for possession of a firearm by a felon and felony flee to elude on a male suspect at a residence on the 5000 block of Galway Drive in the city's North Tryon Division.

More guns needed ?
The NRA don't care how many Police, kids etc die as long as they can keep their guns.
The Republicans are the same as long as they receive money from the NRA.

More guns needed ?
8 trained 'good guys with guns' couldn't prevent this?

Shocked to be sitting here.

The NRA don't care how many Police, kids etc die as long as they can keep their guns.
The Republicans are the same as long as they receive money from the NRA.
The responses I've heard from the gun nuts are:

"See, by law, this felon wasn't allowed to buy a gun, but he managed to find one, so gun laws don't work at all, ever".

They can't think past the end of their nose/gun sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The responses I've heard from the gun nuts are:

"See, by law, this felon wasn't allowed to buy a gun, but he managed to find one, so gun laws don't work at all, ever".

They can't think past the end of their nose/gun sight.
Better than the usual stuff I get from the gun nuts. Most would have been defending the good guy who was getting harassed by the police.

"Gubment tried to take his guns"

Many gun rights pushers believe even convicted criminals have a right to own a gun. Especially if they vote red because their charges are likely "bogus". In the case of violent wife beaters, "its the womens fault", man shouldn't be punished kind of rhetoric.

Sad about the officers losing their lives. But it shows exactly how easy it was for a dangerous person to obtain a high powered and high capacity gun no matter the laws. The only good thing, he is dead too.

Better than the usual stuff I get from the gun nuts. Most would have been defending the good guy who was getting harassed by the police.

"Gubment tried to take his guns"

Many gun rights pushers believe even convicted criminals have a right to own a gun. Especially if they vote red because their charges are likely "bogus". In the case of violent wife beaters, "its the womens fault", man shouldn't be punished kind of rhetoric.

Sad about the officers losing their lives. But it shows exactly how easy it was for a dangerous person to obtain a high powered and high capacity gun no matter the laws. The only good thing, he is dead too.
They were serving a warrant for fire-arm possession by a convicted felon.

All it really proves is that the best way of stopping gun violence is reducing access to guns in the first place, not about having stronger means to take them away from felons, nor allowing felons to have guns.

Another US example how stupid and dangerous it is to have a gun toting civil society.

Humans are flawed and make mistakes, gun wielding humans make terrible, fatal mistakes. I think the police officer should be charged with murder.

Another US example how stupid and dangerous it is to have a gun toting civil society.

Humans are flawed and make mistakes, gun wielding humans make terrible, fatal mistakes. I think the police officer should be charged with murder.

For it to be murder....what was the motive, intent and premeditation?

And the other very obvious issue with that incident:

For it to be murder....what was the motive, intent and premeditation?
He bashed down a door after scaring the inhabitants by hammering on it and not identifying himself, then shot the inhabitant.

Could it be there's more to it and the cop went along intending to shoot the guy?

I'm just putting it out there, bro! It's happened before! Don't shoot the messenger!

He bashed down a door after scaring the inhabitants by hammering on it and not identifying himself, then shot the inhabitant.

Could it be there's more to it and the cop went along intending to shoot the guy?

I'm just putting it out there, bro! It's happened before! Don't shoot the messenger!
Lol...punny.

Despite being shocked by this story...I don't deal in could's or should's....we must only deal in the facts available (they matter more than my feelings!)

And on that basis at this stage it looks like an open and shut manslaughter case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back