Annoying Barracking

Remove this Banner Ad

Pacco Pete

Rookie
Jul 19, 2010
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone ever find some people that come to watch a game and are very vocal that have no real knowledge of the game ?

I was at Doutta's ground during the year watching Juniors and happened to be standing behind the oppositions bench, just slightly up the hill near the cars. A guy directly below the opposition Box continually yelled in the loudest of voices " BALL " , he would say this roughly 5 times a minute.

Even with his Binnoculors I think his vision was impaired :D, as that would equate to a great deal of Holding the Ball decisions even if he was only half right.
One would think someone from their Club would pull him up and at least maybe explain him the rules. After 2 quarters we moved to the Scoreboard side of the Ground and could still just hear him.

Anyone else come across these kinds of Supporters ?

I haven't come across those kind of supporters, but I've come across supporters storming a preliminary final because their side lost a 4 goal lead in the final 5 minutes of the last quarter

Pacco Pete, that was the coach. He's had problems with his hips and could only sit down. That's why he was using the binocculars.

Not sure how much of an exaggeration of the ball calling is, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Playing against Abbers and Strathmore has opened me up to a whole new kind of fan. Scones and cream type of stuff. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back