Ange Postecoglou Thread - Leading The Way

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing scenes at Celtic Park! I remember seeing Ange standing on milk crates with Paul Trimboli watching a youth league match at Port Melbourne one bleak Sunday afternoon to now a standing ovation at a packed Celtic Park.

What an achievement he bloody deserves it!

Last edited:
He's done it again! Back to back championships with Celtic well done Ange!

Feel the time is right for him to step up now. Spurs / Chelsea jobs should be the level he is aiming at now. Just quietly I reckon he'lll succeed in those roles even if he ruffles a few feathers.

Feel the time is right for him to step up now. Spurs / Chelsea jobs should be the level he is aiming at now. Just quietly I reckon he'lll succeed in those roles even if he ruffles a few feathers.
God no don't go to either of those teams, as soon as they go through a slump he'll be gone.
I reckon he'll be better off taking a Championship team up.

God no don't go to either of those teams, as soon as they go through a slump he'll be gone.
I reckon he'll be better off taking a Championship league team up

That's below his level. He deserves a Premier League job. Leeds would be ideal if they survive relegation. I've met Ange before. Incredibly driven and ambitious.

That's below his level. He deserves a Premier League job. Leeds would be ideal if they survive relegation.

Leeds maybe if they stay up but he'll be under so much pressure to perform at such a big club with a feral supporter base.
I don't think the Championship is below Ange's level its a very competitive league up there with a lot of first divisions in Europe. I think Ange will thrive getting any team up to the Premier League.

Ange does deserve PL football after the job he’s done. But at the moment, why would he think about leaving such great support?

Because he's ambitious and always looking to get to the next level. What more can he do at Celtic? Not like they will win Europe or anything. I met him just prior to his Brisbane Roar job when he was setting up Nunawading's junior program which is now one of the best in Melbourne. Even back then he was sure he would become a manager at the very highest level.

He does obviously enjoy it at Celtic but I'd be surprised if he doesn't move this summer.

Because he's ambitious and always looking to get to the next level. What more can he do at Celtic? Not like they will win Europe or anything. I met him just prior to his Brisbane Roar job when he was setting up Nunawading's junior program which is now one of the best in Melbourne. Even back then he was sure he would become a manager at the very highest level.

He does obviously enjoy it at Celtic but I'd be surprised if he doesn't move this summer.

I guess what I meant was I hope when/if he does get a PL job, it works out well for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess what I meant was I hope when/if he does get a PL job, it works out well for him.

I reckon he'll do just fine. He is ready.

He'll need to go to the right club with the right fit for his style and philosophy to take effect. Going to the first or any English job that wants him isn't gonna cut it no matter what money he is offered. A lot of English clubs are very reactive even at lower league level its very cut throat especially to outsiders so it'll be difficult to establish a long term goal.

He'll need to go to the right club with the right fit for his style and philosophy to take effect. Going to the first or any English job that wants him isn't gonna cut it no matter what money he is offered. A lot of English clubs are very reactive even at lower league level its very cut throat especially to outsiders so it'll be difficult to establish a long term goal.

Of course he will want the best fit. Somewhere that will accept his philosophy and back him to make the difficult calls which Ange is not afraid to do. Somewhere that will be prepared to accept some short term pain for long term pain.

In my opinion I would say Spurs are the best fit for me. The fans will appreciate his philosophy and the club is big enough to back him on transfers / tough calls.

Of course he will want the best fit. Somewhere that will accept his philosophy and back him to make the difficult calls which Ange is not afraid to do. Somewhere that will be prepared to accept some short term pain for long term pain.

In my opinion I would say Spurs are the best fit for me. The fans will appreciate his philosophy and the club is big enough to back him on transfers / tough calls.
Its just how patient they can be. Clubs that want CL football get super twitchy after a few poor results.

You need so much to go right early on otherwise you'll be fired.

To be fair he was done with the job. Not everything lasts forever. He's on to much bigger and better things

The Sydney football Mafia wanted Arnold, it was a witch hunt by them to get Ange out and Arnold in just go back and watch or read the criticism from the likes of Bosnich, Slater, Ray Gatt even Gallop at the time. They did everything to force Ange out.

Tbh Ange works at his best when he's with the squad day in day out on the training pitch.

You simply don't get that as a Socceroos manager and its amplified with even more challenges that Euro nations due to the travel that we need to do for international windows.

The Sydney football Mafia wanted Arnold, it was a witch hunt by them to get Ange out and Arnold in just go back and watch or read the criticism from the likes of Bosnich, Slater, Ray Gatt even Gallop at the time. They did everything to force Ange out.
Arnold has copped way more criticism than Ange ever did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back