The Ancients Ancient Civilizations

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the proof?
Yeah ive spent some time looking for that proof.
He was on a 60 minute type program in france years ago and was presented with some of his so called "facts" by the presenter and asked to explain them after engineers had completely destroyed his so called "facts".
Graham didnt enjoy his interview and mumbled his way through as my partner laughed at him for his denial of twisting the "truth" and unpreparedness to face the facts that he twisted to sell books.
Still he has a following of youtube and younger not well informed followers who havent read or travelled.
When i find that french show,will try to post it here.
ps. watching his pre ice civilisation youtube video is like fingernails down the blackboard for me but worth it to see how poor he is and how misinformed his audience is.

How come indigenous Australians never got to the farming and agriculture aspect of civilisation evolution as opposed to being happy with migrational hunter/gathering? Same with cities and structures.

Something that's always perplexed me seeing humans essentially seek comfortable living spaces and easy to come by food.

How come indigenous Australians never got to the farming and agriculture aspect of civilisation evolution as opposed to being happy with migrational hunter/gathering? Same with cities and structures.

Something that's always perplexed me seeing humans essentially seek comfortable living spaces and easy to come by food.

If you removed all the imported crops (wheat, rice, corn, barley, citrus, legumes, sugar cane etc) and then removed all the imported domesticated food animals (sheep, pigs, chickens, goats, cows) then removed all imported domesticated animals of burden (horses, oxen, camels, donkeys) you would have to make a civilisation from what was indigenous to Australia.

Has anyone yet domesticated and farmed kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, numbats, tassie devils, emus, etc...

Name one native Australian plant that can be used as a staple food crop for a large population?

So there are no native animals that are domesticated for food. No native animals domesticated for labour/power and no domesticated plants that can be grown en masse for food.

How then would you have fed an entire city??

Try it out...gather 1000 people together and supply them with
only native Australian animals and plants (you are free to choose any you like). Then see if you can all survive and prosper building some sort of city and living permanently in the one place.

Last edited:
How come in terms of inventing shiz there was only dribs and drabs until roughly the 1800's then accelerating during the industrial revolution.

If you removed all the imported crops (wheat, rice, corn, barley, citrus, legumes, sugar cane etc) and then removed all the imported domesticated food animals (sheep, pigs, chickens, goats, cows) then removed all imported domesticated animals of burden (horses, oxen, camels, donkeys) you would have to make a civilisation from what was indigenous to Australia.

Has anyone yet domesticated and farmed kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, numbats, tassie devils, emus, etc...

Name one native Australian plant that can be used as a staple food crop for a large population?

So there are no native animals that are domesticated for food. No native animals domesticated for labour/power and no domesticated plants that can be grown en masse for food.

only native Australian animals and plants (you are free to choose any you like). Then see if you can all survive and prosper building some sort of city and living permanently in the one place.
Boom!

How come in terms of inventing shiz there was only dribs and drabs until roughly the 1800's then accelerating during the industrial revolution.
To a large extent invention begets technology begets invention. Its not a coincidence that the printing press came at the beginning of the enlightenment. The spread of knowledge allowed a quicker advancement in technology, in turn advancing the ability to learn more, in turn advancing technology. The chances of the same discovery being made tie and time again diminished, as the knowledge was spread in months or years rather than decades or lost altogether.

A steadily increasing (for the most part) population; which has become much faster recently; and life span means more minds working on problems and less reliance on the solo genius (think Issac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, Louis Pasteur). Basically, communications and numbers - including density - long with move away from most people living subsistence peasant farming.

Public education too, as many more people gained an education many more could apply it in different ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should probably read this and get back to you one day. It seems aboriginals were excellent managers of the land ...

https://www.allenandunwin.com/brows...st-Estate-on-Earth-Bill-Gammage-9781742377483

But I'm digressing from the original intention of this thread ...

No opposition .

Australia is pretty bloody bountiful foodwise.
Pre European settlement the hunter/gatherer lifestyle would have been a piece of cake (or eel rather)

Glad someone mentioned that -

There is evidence of Eel trapping/farming and permanent structures in South-Western Victoria

Just watched a movie called “Jungle” with Daniel Radcliffe.

A true story of hardcore backpackers/wanna-be-adventurers who trek into the South American rainforest looking for lost tribes and rivers of gold in 1981.

Of course it turns into a hell of a survival story.

Is this something like that?

Pretty cool use of LIDAR: Scientists find 60,000 Mayan structures preserved under dense Guatemalan jungle

Researchers using a high-tech aerial mapping technique have found tens of thousands of previously undetected Mayan houses, buildings, defence works and pyramids in the dense jungle of Guatemala's Peten region, suggesting that millions more people lived there than previously thought.

Researchers used a mapping technique called LiDAR, which stands for Light Detection And Ranging. It bounces pulsed laser light off the ground, revealing contours hidden by dense foliage... The 2,100 square kilometres of mapping detected about 60,000 individual structures, including four major Mayan ceremonial centres with plazas and pyramids.

i hope they leave them and don't try to manicure them

the pyramids in Palenque were kinda cool, but at the same time the whole sanitised, tourist driven re-establishment of them kinda gave me a weird hollow feeling...

Because I/we come from the land of plenty .... necessity the mother of invention?

Down at lake Gillear there are 15 thousand year old eel farms.
Maybe they were built by the people that were here before Kooris.
Cape Otway also had a mud brick home village as Steep point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back