Amazing coincidences in football

Remove this Banner Ad

Coincidence Watch:
The ANZAC day game usually falls in Round 5-6.
We could see Pendlebury and Goldstein break the 10,000 career Disposals and Hitouts in the same game.
Pendlebury (9886 Disposals - Required Average if Round 5 22.8 / Round 6 19.0 - 2023 Av. 22.8)
Goldstein (9835 Hit Outs - Required Average if Round 5 33.0 / Round 6 27.5 - 2023 Av. 29.2)

Last edited:

1990 Peter Daicos kicked Collingwood's first goal in the grand final
2023 his son Nick Daicos kicked Collingwood's first goal in the grand final
I remember both vividly. One live at the ground crunched in amongst the great unwashed punt rd end standing room Collingwood rabble ..the other while laying on the couch with sushi and salt and vinegar chips..

ok, I’ll bite. Why is 21 the beginning of the modern era?
Can you please ask me that in the appropriate thread? Because I'm sure some here may not appreciate your and your cronies attempts to derail this very entertaining thread, I for one will not allow you guys to do that.

Can you please ask me that in the appropriate thread? Because I'm sure some here may not appreciate your and your cronies attempts to derail this very entertaining thread, I for one will not allow you guys to do that.
Lol ..a reverse troll post.

I see what you’re doing 🤔

Our last two Norm Smith Medallists have been in the year of our last two premierships in the last two digits

2010 Replay - Scott Pendlebury (#10)
2023 - Bobby Hill (#23)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990 Terry Daniher was invovled in a losing grand final with Essendon, 2023 Joe Daniher was invovled in a losing grand final with Brisbane
2010 and 2023 our premiership captains are defenders with their first names starting with the letter M (Maxwell and Moore) Moore wears #30 is divisible by #5 which was worn by Maxwell

Last edited:
Coincidence Watch:
The ANZAC day game usually falls in Round 5-6.
We could see Pendlebury and Goldstein break the 10,000 career Disposals and Hitouts in the same game.
Pendlebury (9886 Disposals - Required Average if Round 5 22.8 / Round 6 19.0 - 2023 Av. 22.8)
Goldstein (9835 Disposals - Required Average if Round 5 33.0 / Round 6 27.5 - 2023 Av. 29.2)
That's a s**t load of disposals to go with his hit outs. I always thought he was like another mid out there.

1990 Terry Daniher was invovled in a losing grand final with Essendon, 2023 Joe Daniher was invovled in a losing grand final with Brisbane
Maybe the "coincidence" - that you forgot to mention - was that both times it was against Collingwood.

25th September 2006 - Adam Goodes became a dual Brownlow Medallist within 3 years after winning his first

25th September 2023 - Lachie Neale became a dual Brownlow Medallist within 3 years after winning his first
Both of their teams lost a grand final as co-captains by less than a kick on either side of Geelong's big Grand Final wins.

2010 and 2023 our premiership captains are defenders with their first names starting with the letter M (Maxwell and Moore) Moore wears #30 is divisible by #5 which was worn by Maxwell
Terry wore number 5 as well.

That’s some freaky s**t…

With Hawthorn yesterday acquiring Jack Ginnivan and then taking Jack Gunston in their next trade it must be the first time a club has ever recruited two players in a row with the same first name who have surnames that start and finish with the same letters. 🤔 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back