Opinion All time favourite players not in the regular 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great thread.

As a kid my favourite not in the 22 was Chad Liddell. In more recent years Brad Dick, Shannon Cox and Kayle Kirby come to mind. I also thought Broomy had a chance to be really good in his first couple of seasons.

Gary shaw, the great white hope for our desperate search for a rover in the 80's. Great player in WA, playing along side some of the greats of WA football and more than held his own. Unfortunatly, injuries and the pressure of being on 300k a season at the time was too much for him

Gary shaw, the great white hope for our desperate search for a rover in the 80's. Great player in WA, playing along side some of the greats of WA football and more than held his own. Unfortunatly, injuries and the pressure of being on 300k a season at the time was too much for him
Unfortunately the “new Magpies” with Ranald McDonald ruined a few careers with their reckless spending. Luckily it didn’t stuff us up longer.

Not a favourite so to speak but always rated Lachie keefe should of been retained..

Big unit and solid full back.

After keeping him after drug suspension not much patience was shown

Ben Reid was taken from us far too early (and too often)

We lost 2011 because his leg was due for amputation

Would love him now, with an extra 20 kegs of muscle, playing the Tony Lockett role

RIP Mr Football

Damian Adkins
Chipper!

Can remember one game against the Dogs I think, he had a set shot from around 50m out and played around the man on the mark then sold some more candy before being absolutely flattened as he was about to take the shot. One of the more exciting plays that resulted in a holding the ball against us i can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lee Walker was a jet.
Problem was, he blew out his knee 3 times!
I think it was 4 actually, twice before he got to us.

Against Melbourne in 1995, Viney fell across his knee on the centre wicket area and that was it. I think we had 4 injured players that day and had to stand Craig Kelly in the goal square with a hammy.

Then in round 1 97 (Anthony Rocca's first Collingwood game) Pebbles did the same thing to Walker and that was his last game with us :(

I’ll take Julian Rowe thanks.

Lee Walker was a jet.

If it wasn't for those knees he would have had a Wayne Carey like impact on the game. Super footballer.

It's cruel but just like Rusling ability means little if the body can't hold up.

If it wasn't for those knees he would have had a Wayne Carey like impact on the game. Super footballer.

It's cruel but just like Rusling ability means little if the body can't hold up.

Even after 3 acl's he would have been the fastest player at Collingwood, not to mention he was 197 cm.

He was borderline suicidal at the ball and contest and had no sense of self preservation.

I think in his last game he had 8 touches a half, set up 3 goals and missed a sitter. Took 3 marks and I think they are all with the flight of the ball. Playing off a wing wtf

Sad to remember that after his last kick at AFL level Collingwood supporters booed him (He kicked a behind and we had 11 or 12 straight)....

Last edited:
Lee Walker was a jet.
Lee Walker without a doubt in my mind. Brayden Shaw the other one, Vic Metro captain just couldn’t cut it mentally at the top level…just as he appeared to get it right the ankle cost him and he retired.

I was always hopeful that Kyle Martin would have a long career with us i wouldve loved us to give him a few games in a row to see how he went.

Kyle Martin came to my mind as well.

Patrick Karnezis I thought had huge potential, was just never developed.

Jack “sarge” Anthony was a head case. But he looms large in my mind in this conversation.
80 goals in 43 games including the sealer against Adelaide in the 2009 prelim.
How he didn’t play a significant role in 2010 is amazing.

Few more
Trent hotton
Aaron James
Jason croall
Brent tuckey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back