Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought a thread dedicated to the Ashes starting tonight wouldn't go astray.

I'm aware that there is a Cricket board... but it's full of nuffies and halfwits... at least those who post here are OUR nuffies and halfwits

Ideal start for me... the missus is at work, I have some beers in the fridge and am ordering Pizza!

A few interesting selection dilemmas, Rogers or S.Marsh to open? Watson or M.Marsh as our all rounder? And Lyon to play or 4 quicks on a greenish deck?

I have never rated Starc with the red ball, but reckon this series he could explode... if he gets it moving around he will be almost unplayable.

First things first, what are you having on your pizza?

Starc has improved with the red ball, will probably get a wicket in his first over.

First things first, what are you having on your pizza?

Starc has improved with the red ball, will probably get a wicket in his first over.
Not sure yet. Have to work that out! And where I'm getting it from.

First order of business is getting the junior burger bathed and in bed!

The weather is set to improve as the first Ashes Test match develops in Cardiff.

The first day of the Test, Wednesday July 8, could see some light rain in the morning, but will brighten up as the day progresses. Thursday will see sunny spells throughout with the temperature between 15 and 18 degrees celsius.

Friday will be the sunniest day of the Test, with the thermometer expected to hit 22 degrees, while Saturday and Sunday it will drop a couple of degrees.

So will see play today... good

I need to make hay while the sun shines with the boss at work!

Hey, I never said you could rely on the Welsh weather forecast! I just put it out there. I assume, like the Australian forecasts, it's simply a basis for negotiation.:D

Unfortunately, it's more than the weather which is threatening.

Nine’s expert commentary team will feature Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Michael Vaughan and David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd, with the network covering one of sport’s oldest rivalries with their own team for the first time in almost 20 years. “There is always something extra special about an Ashes series in England,” said Brad McNamara, Nine’s Executive Producer of Cricket. “We’re thrilled to be going back to the UK with our own expert team covering The Ashes for the first time since 1997.”

Nine’s expert commentary team will feature Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Michael Vaughan and David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd, with the network covering one of sport’s oldest rivalries with their own team for the first time in almost 20 years. “There is always something extra special about an Ashes series in England,” said Brad McNamara, Nine’s Executive Producer of Cricket. “We’re thrilled to be going back to the UK with our own expert team covering The Ashes for the first time since 1997.”
might have to use the magical Mute button and listen to ABC Grandstand

Unless it's more of a BBC production in which the callers might actually be decent and professional like they were for the World Cup

Will it be the real Warne or the wax one that was pictured in the Hun the other day ?
If it didn't say who he was I wouldn't have picked him.

Will it be the real Warne or the wax one that was pictured in the Hun the other day ?
If it didn't say who he was I wouldn't have picked him.
well there is a saying about life imitating art isn't there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly Watson will yet again be picked.

Series predictions.

Series: 1-1
Most runs England: Joe Root (Ellen)
Most runs Australia: Steven Smith.
Most wicket England: Stuart Broad
Most wickets Australia: Josh Hazlewood.

Sadly Watson will yet again be picked.

Series predictions.

Series: 1-1
Most runs England: Joe Root (Ellen)
Most runs Australia: Steven Smith.
Most wicket England: Stuart Broad
Most wickets Australia: Josh Hazlewood.
Watson is in.... as to be expected

Is this glorious HD I'm viewing ?
Looks like it... I did think when you mentioned it would be in SD the other day NSFB that I thought GEM was a HD channel

Looks like it... I did think when you mentioned it would be in SD the other day NSFB that I thought GEM was a HD channel
did I, thought I said 9 anyway I agree once you've gone HD you don't go back!

How nice of us to give them the numerical advantage:thumbsu:
I hope he takes 3 or 4 and makes a ton
I don't care if I don't like him... he's in the side so I want him* to do well

*lots and lots of hope here

did I, thought I said 9 anyway I agree once you've gone HD you don't go back!
look you may well of said 9 and I just saw GEM knowing it was on there

I hope he takes 3 or 4 and makes a ton
I don't care if I don't like him... he's in the side so I want him* to do well

*lots and lots of hope here
That goes without saying that I hope he starts to perform. Sadly the last 3-4 years have shown he probably won't. Just hope he doesn't waste our reviews in the process:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back