Training All I want for Christmas: Way too early pre-season edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The club to actually invest in decent VFL listed players for what is for all intents and purposes our stand alone 2nds side. Take it from me, the 'Northern' side of the alleged alignment doesn't exist. The club is fully in control of it's 2s destiny and I'm sick and tired of them not doing all they can to ensure our youngsters aren't learning in a winning side.

Hi newbluebie here, A good run with injuries aside for once, i just want Carlton games to be fun to attend to again (not necessarily in winning a lot more games, but that would be nice too). Especially at home games at Docklands, the atmosphere has become pretty toxic and unpleasant in the last 18 months, sad to see so many infighting amongst Carlton fans in the members and near the bars. People do get passionate and emotional, but the increasing hostility and anger from a (small) minority of fans who unload verbally on players and use vulgar language that would make The Monty Python crew blush, is probably a factor as to why our crowds/memberships have been dwindling/not grown as expected. We need more dry areas in the members/reserved seat section (alcohol being the main culprit for these hoons ruining it for the kids and families). And those clowns who jeer the team off after a bad loss, grow up lads. Why would any player be motivated to play for supporters like that ?

Lastly, I am hoping for big things from Lochie O'Brien in 2019, don't think he will be as explosive or a match changer like Paddy Dow, but i strongly feel he will end up as a more consistent (possession wise) player, a Dal Santo type (which is no faint praise as Dal was a top tier player)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

introduction of gluten-free dumplings onto the menus of asian restaurants throughout melbourne!

I Love Dumplings on Racecourse Rd Flemington does gluten free dumplings.

Maybe, not sure. I do walk out pretty bloated though.

This may or may not be due to the fact that i usually knock off 30 of them in one sitting.

Last edited:
All I want for Christmas is for the club to have a relatively clean bill of health in 2019. Can't underestimate just how important that is and how big a difference it can make.

Things aren't as bad as they seem, and with a better run with injury I think we'll surprise plenty who are predicting doom and gloom.

We have a long way to go yet, but I think we're significantly better than what we showed this year, and I'd expect that to become clear next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back