Alien/UFO Aliens

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick with option one.
It's a rule that runs comparatively through all living things that we know. From skin cells, right through to Atlantic Salmon. Birth, Expand(breed), Die.

Ultimately we all follow the same path. Everything does.

Unfortunately, unlike other animals we've developed to a point where we question our own existence and the universe which houses us.

I'm not sure we'll ever comprehend it.

And so meant to add that 1 is 2 and 2 is 1,...but the whole starting point is a great mystery and thinking that doesn't give me a headache!!
I agree...

Its a headspring for sure.

One thing i do suspect is intelligent design....whether its a super computer, diety or an alien wizard i dont know...

We know the obvious things for harbouring life

But When you look at the finer details of it all like Jupiter being our shield, our perfect rotating moon, its hard how it can be just a coincidence or a fluke...

Can't wait for this telescope to be built and in action.
It's sole purpose will be to search for signs of alien civilisations.
It will be able to detect heat signatures from an alien city (artificial light, etc.) and also detect things like satellites around exoplanets.

http://the-colossus.com/goals.html

I agree...

Its a headspring for sure.

One thing i do suspect is intelligent design....whether its a super computer, diety or an alien wizard i dont know...

We know the obvious things for harbouring life

But When you look at the finer details of it all like Jupiter being our shield, our perfect rotating moon, its hard how it can be just a coincidence or a fluke...

You are right our world is a paradise and perfect for us.
However gas giants are very common and there would be heaps of solar systems just like ours with paradise worlds.
Even solar systems with just a gas giant in the habitable zone could have an Earth-like moon with life on it.
The possibilities are endless...who's to say that magic, act of god or fluke as you put it wouldn't happen there as well.

Not having a go or anything, but would you consider yourself religious?
If a god created everything, why would he have created such a vast universe if he only made us?
Just to mess with our heads or to show how awesome he is to us lowly monkeys?

You are right our world is a paradise and perfect for us.
However gas giants are very common and there would be heaps of solar systems just like ours with paradise worlds.
Even solar systems with just a gas giant in the habitable zone could have an Earth-like moon with life on it.
The possibilities are endless...who's to say that magic, act of god or fluke as you put it wouldn't happen there as well.

Not having a go or anything, but would you consider yourself religious?
If a god created everything, why would he have created such a vast universe if he only made us?
Just to mess with our heads or to show how awesome he is to us lowly monkeys?
If you are asking me if i believe in a church.....well no....i dont...well tbh i am not sure

Intelligent design is not designated to diety....

There are so many useless planets heavenly bodies out there why are they there.. so to bring up the vast amount of waste of space not really anything meaningful....look at our solar system jupiter saturn the sun and our moon are really the only thing useful to us.

Not many moons have a perfect tidal rotation and we are a safe way enough from jupiter to reap all the benifits of its gravitional pull and not get effected by it negatives...

If a moon is earth like that can harbour life orbiting around something like jupiter I would suggest without knowing too much about the gravity negatives of such body would mess up alot of things...and how many days would you be without sunlight....and i am assuming asteroids comets would be a worry (sorry i really dont know too much about this probabilty)

Last edited:
If you are asking me if i believe in a church.....well no....i dont...well tbh i am not sure

Intelligent design is not designated to diety....

Not many moons have a perfect tidal rotation and we are a safe way enough from jupiter to reap all the benifits of its gravitional pull and not get effected by it negatives...

If a moon is earth like that can harbour life orbiting around something like jupiter I would suggest without knowing too much about the gravity negatives of such body would mess up alot of things...and how many days would you be without sunlight....(sorry i really dont know too much about this probabilty)

Organized religion irks me a bit, how many religions are there?
99% of them are definitely wrong and only one could be possibly right.

We can't really state moons with perfect tidal rotation are rare, because we haven't really seen what's out there.
Moons like ours are likely to be very common, moons that control exoplanets oceans/tides and stabilise weather like ours.
We know there are a lot of planets so there would be even more moons out there.

Good points, for humans it would be hazardous but we know that over time lifeforms can adapt and become accustomed to certain conditions.
Who knows maybe some life forms feed and get nutrition from radiation?
Regarding the sunlight thing, I'm not entirely sure but perhaps a huge gas giant would be highly reflective and give off energy/heat.
I know that the reason Europa (Jupiters Moon) has a subsurface Ocean is due to the gravitational tug on the moon creates friction that actually warms up it's core enough for liquid H20 that far away from the sun.
Anyway a gas giant in the habitable zone with an earthlike moon would get plenty of sunlight, space is three dimensional.

We can't really state moons with perfect tidal rotation are rare, because we haven't really seen what's out there.
Moons like ours are likely to be very common, moons that control exoplanets oceans/tides and stabilise weather like ours.
We know there are a lot of planets so there would be even more moons out there.

Good points, for humans it would be hazardous but we know that over time lifeforms can adapt and become accustomed to certain conditions.
Who knows maybe some life forms feed and get nutrition from radiation?
Regarding the sunlight thing, I'm not entirely sure but perhaps a huge gas giant would be highly reflective and give off energy/heat.
I know that the reason Europa (Jupiters Moon) has a subsurface Ocean is due to the gravitational tug on the moon creates friction that actually warms up it's core enough for liquid H20 that far away from the sun.
Anyway a gas giant in the habitable zone with an earthlike moon would get plenty of sunlight, space is three dimensional.
I was more questioning the rotation...if you are rotating around something the size of Jupiter you would be without sunlight for days wouldnt you?

Wouldnt you also be ducking for cover from asteroids and comets?

also i pretty sure our moon maybe pretty unique to the universe...but will not say this as fact....if you research it they suspect it is.

Mainstream religion is not as different as you might think they all come under a different names but essentially the stories are fairly the same ....bar the greek mythology gods etc ...mainstream religions today still pray to 1 god whether its RA Jesus son of man budha an alien wizard..whatever...

The correct answer is "Mormon"...yes, "Mormon"...

Space is not three dimensional - that's the entire point behind the BB theory and all of the work theorists are doing on the subject. Spacetime, as popularised by Einstein, is the fourth, and the cornerstone of every discussion as to the origin of the universe and also the issue of how we could ever get to visit any of it. Physicists have also theorised several other dimensions...not sure why, to be honest...!

As for "intelligent design" (which you didn't say, but while I'm here...), I ask why we humans constantly and arrogantly assume that there must be a higher purpose or a reason or an easy answer as to our existence. We're not here for a reason, outside the reasoning that external factors have shaped us to be what we are now (adapted to our Goldilocks zone, unable to handle the radiation of the universe as we sit here protected by Earth's magnetic core, etc). We simply are, according to our limited abilities to recognise the facets of our existence. Religion is a cop out, a relic from the time cavemen made up their first stories of why things are that they couldn't directly control - so why, when we can't get our heads around the complex mathematics and concepts necessary to deconstruct the universe, do we then start assuming something as absurd as a "creator" kickstarted it all...? We simply tend to fill in the blanks with our imagination for the sake of convenience and making sure it all has an explanation, instead of the honest and accurate statement "we know how that bit works, but we haven't figured out that part yet so we're still looking"...

Ask the spider living in your car how the engine works...

I was more questioning the rotation...if you are rotating around something the size of Jupiter you would be without sunlight for days wouldnt you?

Mainstream religion is not as different as you might think they all come under a different names but essentially the stories are fairly the same ....bar the greek mythology gods etc ...mainstream religions today still pray to 1 god whether its RA Jesus son of man budha an alien wizard..whatever...
The closest moons to Jupiter orbit very quickly. The big four take 2, 4, 7 & 17 days to do a revolution, and of the others, little Amathea takes 12 hours...

Religion is absolutely a case of who won and managed to dump their views on everyone else, nothing at all to do with any notion that we're all closer to the truth. Zeus might be sitting up on Mt Olympus right now face palming every time anyone yells out "praise the Lord" or "Allah Ackbar". The Romans were one of the most successful expansionist empires, and they had plenty of gods. The Vikings also ran the joint in their corner of the world a thousand years later. Hinduism has a billion followers right now. The stories resemble each other, but that's because humans ask the same questions of life, the universe and everything...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the existence of God(s) can be written off, again without evidence. The right approach, IMO, is to neither assume there is, nor assume there isn't. In the absence of absolute evidence, we can't say either way.

Given how little we understand about existence, as you right suggested Gibbke , IMO it's equally possible that we might understand nothing at all about the existence of a realm to which spirituality alludes.

The closest moons to Jupiter orbit very quickly. The big four take 2, 4, 7 & 17 days to do a revolution, and of the others, little Amathea takes 12 hours...

Religion is absolutely a case of who won and managed to dump their views on everyone else, nothing at all to do with any notion that we're all closer to the truth. Zeus might be sitting up on Mt Olympus right now face palming every time anyone yells out "praise the Lord" or "Allah Ackbar". The Romans were one of the most successful expansionist empires, and they had plenty of gods. The Vikings also ran the joint in their corner of the world a thousand years later. Hinduism has a billion followers right now. The stories resemble each other, but that's because humans ask the same questions of life, the universe and everything...
I will choose to disagree with you about religion...but would love to discuss it with you on another topic sometime

Again, think on probabilities. The universe is the perfect testing ground, so unfathomably massive that every possibility will play out. Therefore, it was always going to happen that somewhere the perfect planet with the perfect rotating moon shielded by the perfectly large enormous other planet would occur. That set of events is just as likely as all the other random chance circumstances out there. It's not that hard to fathom - in a universe that's essentially infinite, everything will happen. Everything.

Again, think on probabilities. The universe is the perfect testing ground, so unfathomably massive that every possibility will play out. Therefore, it was always going to happen that somewhere the perfect planet with the perfect rotating moon shielded by the perfectly large enormous other planet would occur. That set of events is just as likely as all the other random chance circumstances out there. It's not that hard to fathom - in a universe that's essentially infinite, everything will happen. Everything.
You are correct....for once...this could be just a coincidence dumb luck a fluke

So, if I am correct that every possibility plays out in a near infinite universe, then life must be many and varied, too.
I wasnt being sarcastic duritz you made good point....the universe is big it could happen once...

But when you put high probabilities together they make it even higher chance that it doesnt happen everywhere.

For example and this just an example....

For arguments sake.....If have you have a perfect moon a its a 1 in a billion shot ....and getting jupiter in the perfect position is a 1 billion shot...but getting a perfect jupiter and a perfect moon at the same time is kissed on the dick odds ....this doesnt include all the other factors needed ...just simplfying the example....

I wasnt being sarcastic duritz you made good point....the universe is big it could happen once...

But when you put high probabilities together they make it even higher chance that it doesnt happen everywhere.

For example and this just an example....

For arguments sake.....If have you have a perfect moon a its a 1 in a billion shot ....and getting jupiter in the perfect position is a 1 billion shot...but getting a perfect jupiter and a perfect moon at the same time is kissed on the dick odds ....this doesnt include all the other factors needed ...just simplfying the example....

Yeah it's 1,000,000,000^2, in your example. In which case the universe is big enough for it to have happened many times.

But it's likely less than a one in a billion shot.

Yeah it's 1,000,000,000^2, in your example. In which case the universe is big enough for it to have happened many times.

But it's likely less than a one in a billion shot.

Duritz....we quantify it....we cant and i aint going to get into this discussion

you made a good point about how it may not be intelligent design...thats where I would to stop it.

Well pretty simple topic really, Aliens do you believe in them?
Do you believe they have communicated with us & visited our planet?

I think there is definitely life out there somewhere
There are hundreds of thousands of planets in our galaxy alone.

Have no problem accepting that there would be life and plenty of it, contained within our own galaxy and then as an average multiplied by the ~500 billion galaxies that we're currently estimating, let alone for the possibility of other universes, multiverses etc.
Makes for a lot of life and for those suggesting that life can only exist given the explicit conditions we have here on earth, may have to consider again.

Has alien life visited us and are they communicating?
It's possible of course but without an answer as to why, the notion alone is somewhat shallow.

Hundreds of thousands of planets in our galaxy?
Hundreds of billions will get you closer to the mark.............and then moons........small planets not counted as planets, etc etc but who's counting.

If you have time I thought this was an interesting viewing.

Some theories on the universe being a computer simulation towards the end...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back