Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foster vs Stony Creek

Phillip Island vs Fish Creek

Who's gonna win and why?
i reckon stony might win, but will be close, disappointed the game is not at fishy or somewhere as u rarely get good games at the wind swept tarwin, why oh why do they play big finals there. wouldnt be suprised if whoever loses this game does not make the grand final. and i reckon phillip island should beat fishy although the island will not be happy having to go to meeniyan, probably going to be heavy which might help the creekers, who r in form, although they did only have to get past tarwin who were the weak link in the 6 after getting in on the back of an easy draw. sticking with the island tho.

Well done hip and shoulder, Will foster again regret spending the big dollars and falling short with no home G.F. they may well fall short of the big prize time will tell.
As the Beatles said money can't you love.

I think wth the heavy conditions of late it would be hard to tip against the sides that have had the breaks the fresh legs could well be the difference :footy:

i reckon stony might win, but will be close, disappointed the game is not at fishy or somewhere as u rarely get good games at the wind swept tarwin, why oh why do they play big finals there. wouldnt be suprised if whoever loses this game does not make the grand final. and i reckon phillip island should beat fishy although the island will not be happy having to go to meeniyan, probably going to be heavy which might help the creekers, who r in form, although they did only have to get past tarwin who were the weak link in the 6 after getting in on the back of an easy draw. sticking with the island tho.

you didnt catch the surface of the fish creek ground on the weekend did you??...tarwin is easily in the best condition of the grounds in the league atm and the wind hasnt even been a factor in any of the games played there this year.

After round 12 of the home and away season, Yarram 3rds were place 9th on the ladder. From 11 games played, they had won just 3 and lost 8. A lowly percentage of 65.74% and most would say - season over.

However, they somehow managed to win their last 7 games of the season and boost their percentage enough to pip MDU into 6th spot on the ladder. Now most would think this would mean an early exit from finals. Think again!

3 upsets later (including a 2 point win in the wet on Saturday after a 6 day break) and the Demons will be contesting the Grand Final this Saturday.

Sure, the might of Korumburra with fresh legs and a huge win in the 2nd semi final will be expected to win.

But... anything can happen in Grand Finals.

Watch this space!

you didnt catch the surface of the fish creek ground on the weekend did you??...tarwin is easily in the best condition of the grounds in the league atm and the wind hasnt even been a factor in any of the games played there this year.

You better make a trip to Inverloch at check out there ground. It is in fantastic condition and it is all set for a big day on Saturday

Would be great to get tips from everyone in all grades to generate a bit more excitement for the big day at Inverloch:

Tips for this weekend

Seniors: Stony Creek - Playing good footy at the right end of the season and with the experience from last year should win a tight Granny against Foster. I am tipping this Granny to be one of the closest we have seen for a while and there is nothing between these sides. Stony by 3 pts

Reserves: Inverloch - Slipped up against the Burra in the second semi and then kicked themselves out of it. But with a home ground advantage and the Burra records in Grand Final, I am tipping Inverloch to bounce back from the second semi to win Back to Back flags. The record is 2/1 to the Burra through the year and there is nothing between these sides. Invy by 11 pts

Thirds: Korrumburra - Hard to see the Burra losing this one, I actually think they are going to win this game by 10 plus goals. Surprised the Island did not get there but the Burra has been on top with the Island all year but they will be far to good for Yarram. Burra 76 points

Fourths: Kilcunda Bass - This will be another close game and could go either way. But I will have to stick with Killy they have been on top all year but the Dalyston kids will give it a red hot go and dont be surprised if they take this out. Killy 6 pts

dont rule yarram out...when we played them at the start of the year we managed to beat them but got annihilated in the last game against them and i think they were the best side we played all year. Korumburra are probably structurally better and more professional but yarram play so well as a team, they are really hard at it and they play for each other with real spirit.

no i didnt see it able, but i would imagine it would have been pretty ordinary as would most grounds with the rain we have had. i realise that tarwin doesnt chop up, but thats the only thing it has going for it, i think most people would rather play in the wet than the wind. the best grounds in alberton taking all things into consideration e.g atmosphere ,ground, and taking into account where u see good footy for the spectators on a regular basis would be fish creek yarram foster and inverloch

Firsts - i think stony will win, will be close but i think they just have too much power in the air as they did in last yrs grand final, both backlines appear to be the weaknesses which could pave the way for a high scoring game if the conditions r good. stony by 17 pts

seconds - probably more a guess with these other ones, but i think burra in this game, appear to be the form team, will win by 29 pts

thirds - burra easy, great effort by yarram, were lucky to beat the island who kicked themselves out of it, but have had a sensational 2nd half of the season, no match for burra, 51pts

fourths - killy to choke again, daly by 3 pts

1sts - While Stony Creek have had the dream run and the weeks rest, I think Foster, with their recent experience in tight games, will get over the line in a close one. Foster by 1 point.

2nds - Korumburra seem to set themselves to win the reserves every year and the weeks rest helps. Inerloch to jump out of the blocks early but extra run by Korumburra when Invy legs tire comes down to Korumburra by 1 point.

3rds - Football is a funny game. Going into this match thinking it is already won could cost the Burra. With only 1 game in the past 3 weeks, rust may have set in. Yarram need to bore in and win the contested, tight football. Will take a monumental effort, Yarram by 1 point.

4ths - Kilcunda Bass to choke? Dalyston would need to do something special but in a low scoring match, anything is possible. Killy to release the chokehold just in time to win by 1 point.

Should be a good day at the footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure about clarke but kilpatrick is one of inverloch's best, he's hard in and under midefielder...also got a bit of pace about him.

no i didnt see it able, but i would imagine it would have been pretty ordinary as would most grounds with the rain we have had. i realise that tarwin doesnt chop up, but thats the only thing it has going for it, i think most people would rather play in the wet than the wind. the best grounds in alberton taking all things into consideration e.g atmosphere ,ground, and taking into account where u see good footy for the spectators on a regular basis would be fish creek yarram foster and inverloch

We played there on a dry day and it was exactly the same. By the end of the reserves on the weekend you could not tell the two teams apart?? it was an absolute mud pit. The centre square is ankle deep in mud and they had to change the ball every quarter...id certainly rather play in a bit of wind then ankle deep in mud. Many spectators and even the umpires commented on what a stupid decision it was to hold a final there.

Firsts - i think stony will win, will be close but i think they just have too much power in the air as they did in last yrs grand final, both backlines appear to be the weaknesses which could pave the way for a high scoring game if the conditions r good. stony by 17 pts

seconds - probably more a guess with these other ones, but i think burra in this game, appear to be the form team, will win by 29 pts

thirds - burra easy, great effort by yarram, were lucky to beat the island who kicked themselves out of it, but have had a sensational 2nd half of the season, no match for burra, 51pts

fourths - killy to choke again, daly by 3 pts
Apart from seconds and fourths, i agree. Invy by 10 abd Killy by 4 or 5 (if dry then Killy by 20 plus)

Stony in a close game 7 points :footy:

Korumburra I.K. draw play next week :confused:

Korumburra 60 points plus :)

Bass with 15 players from last years side having gone up totally different side 30 points ;)

Can anyone tell me anything about the 2 inverloch boys living in Ballarat? Kilpatrick and Clarke?

Kilapatrick (Killer) is a midfielder who wins allot of ball in the middle and is a clever player that goes pretty good.

Clarke is a key position type player that can play back or forward but had a really good year this year. I am expecting him to pole well in his club B & F

Yarram thirds could be the feel good story of the season.. i am not a huge fan of yarram but any team that hasnt registered in the top 6 for the entire home and away season but gets in on percentage and makes it to the grandfinal is bound to get the under-dog spirit swirling within anyone.... korumburra are too arrogant for their own good and have hearts the size of peas, yarram fight for each other and are like a band of brothers i very much hope yarram take the cup from burra who have all but put it up in their rooms already... and matt edwards is sooooo arrogant get the kid a straw before he swallows too much of his own bathwater and gets a migraine.... GO DEES

Nobrot you are the best poster in the league. What you said about the way yarram play is spot on. Get around them this weekend!

Korrumburra as a footy club as a whole is arrogant and they are a funny bunch thats for sure. They are the biggest front runners you could have and I tell you what when we play them this weekend in the twos and it is close watch them choke. You could see in the second semi final when we started charging at them and got within 17pts they were pannicking

my tips:

1s - Foster by 10 pts - at one stage about 8 weeks i reckon the league had sent the trophy off to be engraved. But since conditions have deteriorated in recent times, the young quick foster side have not been able to use their speed and precise skills well and numerous injuries to key players have forced them back to the field. Stony Creek on the other hand are a strong, experienced finals outfit who's bigger bodies have suited the mud-festivals of recent times! However by all reports the Inverloch Ground has been terrificly prepared and with a bit of nice afternoon weather i still see foster coming out of an intense battle as victors!

2s - K/Bena by 2 points - this could be one for the ages also. KB will start favourites and confident after knocking off the Seagles only a fortnight earlier. However the fact that it is being played on the IK's home patch along with the everpresent danger of the leagues two most dangerous key forwards in the reserves means they are also in with a real show at going back-to-back. I worry that IK may tire after their extra-time victory over fishy at the creek last saturday and tip that the burra may sneak home in a thriller.

3s - K/Bena by 35 pts - yarram thirds are the revelation's of the finals and will have the reluctant support of most at the game. however i think the bulldog defense will have no issue in handling a forwardline that doesn't contain corbin sutherland, and also have the talent across the rest of the ground to get the job done. cannot see the eastern demons going down without a fight though!

4s - Kil/Bass by 21 pts - rumour has it there are serious queries over the damage that last years disappointing grand final performance has caused some of the young panthers. However they haven't been beaten all year and although the daly side could inflict some more pain on one of their close rivals im tipping that k/bass could actually turn up this year and win the flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back