Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In Kennets defence ( and iam far from a fan of his) its a long bow to suggest the published comments were racist in nature, insensitive possibly, stupid, definitely,

I sincerely hope the basis of cyrils action is based on something far more appropriate than a throw away line based on ones fashion choice? Obviously the other accusers issues must be of a more serious nature but they don't seem to be the parties front and square, possibly due to their lower profiles as footballers given i had never even heard of them before the accusations came to light????

I agree that the comments themselves aren't racist, but they can be racist in the context of how Cyril and his wife perceived them.

In fairness, I don't think Kennett is the main issue here, I was just driving home the point that the nature of the investigation has led to a bad outcome for us that we are understandably annoyed about. So, opposition supporters who come here to say "I don't get why you guys are reacting badly" and proceed to tell us why we should react differently, are out of line.

I agree that the comments themselves aren't racist, but they can be racist in the context of how Cyril and his wife perceived them.

With great respect this is fundamentally wrong.

If the comments are not racist, then they are not racist.
If the comments are dependent on how someone interprets them and open to subjective feelings then anything ever said to anyone could be construed as Racist.

Where does this leave us, if anything ever said to anyone can be branded as racist? Where's the line? How do you know if you've cross that line?

How can we communicate with one another if Racism can't be avoided?

Do we start using the New Speak dictionary from 1984?

There has to be an objective standard for racist language, otherwise anyone who ever speaks can be guilty of racism.

If the comments are dependent on how someone interprets them and open to subjective feelings then anything ever said to anyone could be construed as Racist.

Where does this leave us, if anything ever said to anyone can be branded as racist? Where's the line? How do you know if you've cross that line?

There has to be an objective standard for racist language, otherwise anyone who ever speaks can be guilty of racism.
@BigRedRoo there is a good explanation on what is racist on the HRC website. https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work...ce/complaints-under-racial-discrimination-act

Yeah, as the reference in the post above explains (don't expect you to read it all), there's more to it than we (society) perhaps appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back