360 Alan Wake

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-event

are you talking about the game or kerrbys post?

because kerrbys post is actually pretty funny.

i especially love this bit in the link

"Keep in mind, at this point in the story, we're unsure if the insane asylum which Wake is escaping from exists in real life and is haunted, or is some twisted figment of his imagination. Either way, why would there be a commercial on TV? The electricity is being controlled by the swirling darkness outside. Does the evil force want Wake to buy a Mustang? For that matter, why would Alan stand there and watch?"

hahaha!

it makes absolutely no sense having an ad like that in a gametype like it is (in fact it shouldn't be in any game)...not only that but you get a freakon achievement for watching it completely! :|

are you talking about the game or kerrbys post?

Just Kerrby in general really ;)

Seriously though I was talking about the advertisement within the game, I don't think it's a big deal. The link was quite funny but the issue itself isn't really worth complaining about.

Played it for about 30 minutes quickly on Friday. Looks alright so far.

Lip sync with the voices is pretty horrible. Or the lack of getting the mouth actions correct in correlation with the words being said just doesn't look right.

I'm trolling to get a reaction from Viney, you twit.

It's not even correct, it's only sales numbers from Europe over two days.

But still, that's pretty low.

Waste of time trolling

I've always said it's a love or hate genre, will never be goty, sales will never be massive

I personally cannot believe how good the game is though, will type up my thoughts on what I've played shortly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of time trolling

I've always said it's a love or hate genre, will never be goty, sales will never be massive

I personally cannot believe how good the game is though, will type up my thoughts on what I've played shortly

Yeah i've played it a bit more too. It's a brilliant game to be honest.

Lol. WOW @ the ending. Definitely asks more questions than it answers. Not saying I'm disappointed at all. It's goingto stir a lot of discussion.

What do u make of it Viney?

Sorry Ant. :D

Questions:
What;s everyones theory regarding Zane/Wake? What happens to Barry and Sarah? What about the lamp lady and the guy in the window behind her at the end?

If it wasn't for Red Dead I think I would have finished it by now, I tend to switch between games. Looking forward to seeing what's coming up :thumbsu:

Lol. WOW @ the ending. Definitely asks more questions than it answers. Not saying I'm disappointed at all. It's goingto stir a lot of discussion.

Questions:

Firstly, don't ever quote someone with spoiler text, was a mad rush to avert my eyes and delete :D.

Secondly can you let me know how long it would take to pass this game without rushing? Basically trying to work out if I should rent the game or buy it (Borrowing an XBox to play it so not a massive motivation to buy the game).

Questions:

Yet to finish it, I don't get much time to play, in fact I've only just finished Ep 3.

Here's my thoughts so far and sorry for the thesis:

Alan Wake....a game I've waited for what feels like an eternity.

It had all of the elements to be a game I would love.

The waiting and waiting didn't in fact turn me away as it did some, it built my anticipation with each delay announced.

When it was finally annouced the game was to release in May this year I was very excited.

Still, with the anticipation, I ordered it on ebay at a lovely price of $55, fully expecting a wait.

To my joy and surprise, the game arrived a day or two before the release in Aus.

Let me preface this by saying, my previously top 3 (5) games have been (in no specific order):

• Resident Evil 4 / 5
  • Half Life 2
  • Ninja Gaiden 1 / 2
I know for a lot of people, storyline is everything, or at least a really important factor in playing games. For me, it never has been. I'm simplistic in my views towards games and more often than not, I simply enjoy what I deem to be good fun gameplay.

So in knowing that, I've never felt gripped, or compelled to the characters or story. I've merely enjoyed the games for their game play. Example:

Resident Evil 4 / 5 - action shooting, simply blowing the **** out of zombies, who wouldn't find that fun

Half Life 2 - the weapons, the varied locations / set pieces made me love this game

Ninja Gaiden 1 / 2 - the frantic gameplay, the ninpo, the crazy of the top action, heighten by the inclusion of lots of blood and guts in # 2

to take it further, some other highly rated games:

Mass Effect 1 / 2 - these are possibly even in my top 3 knocking some of the others off the perch, my love for this again was basically not the story, it was the gameplay and the decision making process (not the story itself - if that makes sense)

Lost Odyssey - the cinematics, the combat system, the levelling up system made this one of my highly rated games. Again, it was not the actual story.

Then came Alan Wake. My expectations for this game were MASSIVE. The anticipation had been building for years and years, so I was potentially set up for a massive fall.

I won't go in to details of the story, or too much into anything as I don't want to give anything away.

But let me say, the cinematics, the characters, the story, the setting, the atmosphere are all beyond top notch in my opinion.

It's something different. Whilst there is conventional weapons used to take the enemy out, the use of lights and light based weapons in the game is AMAZING.

The one point that I will make that I am hoping is not going to give anything away, is that I actually felt a sense of dread and terror and fear. Something I've never felt in a game before.

At one point wandering through the forrest, the already dim light got dimmer, the wind swept through with fog and dark swirls plaguing the area, with all sorts of creepy noises being made.

I actually felt compelled to sprint the character to the "safe zone" ahead that I could see, something that never is felt in a game for me, other than to avoid the hassle of dying and having to redo a part.

The atmosphere has me hooked, the story is amazing, I'm compelled to see what happens next, I feel feelings of dread which is foreign to me being bought up on a diet of horror films and being partially (almost completely) desensitised.

This is the game I've been waiting to play since I started gaming, and to me this eclipses everything I've played before it.

Not everyone is going to share my sentiments. Survival Horror / Thriller genre is love or hate. Some will wonder if I'm overblowing it, some will wonder how the heck I've arrived at the conclusion, but so it is.

If you're not enjoying it, don't look for reasons to love, don't try and be convinced to love it; if you're not enjoying it, that's just the way it is.

It's not for everyone, but it's certainly one for me

Not everyone is going to share my sentiments. Survival Horror / Thriller genre is love or hate. Some will wonder if I'm overblowing it, some will wonder how the heck I've arrived at the conclusion, but so it is.

Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Siren Blood Curse, Demon's Souls = <3 but need more of them.

I fear the Resident Evil series may be heading down the Action/Horror road as opposed to Survival/Horror but still will drool in anticipation for them.

I just wish it wasn't an XBox exclusive so I could've bought it and played it already :(.

Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Siren Blood Curse, Demon's Souls = <3 but need more of them.

I fear the Resident Evil series may be heading down the Action/Horror road as opposed to Survival/Horror but still will drool in anticipation for them.

I just wish it wasn't an XBox exclusive so I could've bought it and played it already :(.

I love the early Resi Evil games a lot, but to be honest, I loved the direction the game play took with 4 and 5

Correct, no longer survival horror, simply action shooter with horror elements, but I love them no less.

If you are a fan of survival / action horror / thriller though, to you personally, I'd recommend buy / renting / borrowing a 360 simply for AW...IMO it's that good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back