Multiplat Alan Wake II

Remove this Banner Ad

Get iiiiiiiittt ya bumholes. Then we can talk about the intricacies of the Remedy-verse.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Maybe because I was itching to get into this, I couldn't focus on enjoying Control, so just looked up Control + DLC on YouTube. LOOOOVE the way they set out this universe. The use of 'meta' story telling is nuts IMO. Shits on anything else in the entrainment world.

So......turn lights off like I did way back when I played the first game and lived on my own pre-wifey.

Turn on the game thinking I'm a big tough guy......

walking GIF

Few minutes playing the intro...

Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lol anyways.

The game is super pretty, I love the investigative side of the game. It's really enhanced and added to the first game. You can tell Remedy poured a lot into this game.

Just got the diner...but...

Nightengale! I only finished AWR last week, so that jail sequence was pretty fresh. Especially what Nightengale says before IYKYK looking at the very end of the ending cutscene with Nightengale and Rose too....can't wait too see how the story unfolds.

I'm usually pseudo tough with horror games, but seeing those Cult of Tree guy coming in the distance was chilling as f***, especially knowing you can't do shit.

Just the perfect setup for a story let alone a horror story - hit you with a bang before the quiet build up.

Also, the score in the intro - especially when 'Alan....Wake...II pops up was great.

Can't wait to play again today. Love the games that can't stop you thinking about it during the day.

Last edited:
Maybe because I was itching to get into this, I couldn't focus on enjoying Control, so just looked up Control + DLC on YouTube. LOOOOVE the way they set out this universe. The use of 'meta' story telling is nuts IMO. Shits on anything else in the entrainment world.

So......turn lights off like I did way back when I played the first game and lived on my own pre-wifey.

Turn on the game thinking I'm a big tough guy......

walking GIF

Few minutes playing the intro...

Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lol anyways.

The game is super pretty, I love the investigative side of the game. It's really enhanced and added to the first game. You can tell Remedy poured a lot into this game.

Just got the diner...but...

Nightengale! I only finished AWR last week, so that jail sequence was pretty fresh. Especially what Nightengale says before IYKYK looking at the very end of the ending cutscene with Nightengale and Rose too....can't wait too see how the story unfolds.

I'm usually pseudo tough with horror games, but seeing those Cult of Tree guy coming in the distance was chilling as f***, especially knowing you can't do s**t.

Just the perfect setup for a story let alone a horror story - hit you with a bang before the quiet build up.

Also, the score in the intro - especially when 'Alan....Wake...II pops up was great.

Can't wait to play again today. Love the games that can't stop you thinking about it during the day.

How good is the recreation of Bright Falls.

I need to sell this game because so many are sleeping on it. This was released as promotional video, not a spoiler. It's just a music video. It has no game play but trust me when I say it's something you'd rather experience first hand for yourself in the game. But if this enough to get maybe get some people interest in the game then so be it.

Oh man. Glad I didn't watch it, but had a feeling it was coming. So bonkers. Probably one of all time.my favourite gaming moments. Mrs stopped what she was doing too and watch the entire thing, so much so she wanted to watch it again on YouTube later tonight.

Still early days, but it's such an evolution of the first game, not just gameplay wise but narratively. Such a pretty and well crafted game too. Loving figuring out the puzzles too. Get really close to looking up solutions but then eventually get them.

On track to being one of my GOAT games.

Oh man. Glad I didn't watch it, but had a feeling it was coming. So bonkers. Probably one of all time.my favourite gaming moments. Mrs stopped what she was doing too and watch the entire thing, so much so she wanted to watch it again on YouTube later tonight.

Still early days, but it's such an evolution of the first game, not just gameplay wise but narratively. Such a pretty and well crafted game too. Loving figuring out the puzzles too. Get really close to looking up solutions but then eventually get them.

On track to being one of my GOAT games.

If Alan Wake 2 came out sooner after 1 we wouldn't have got anything at all like we did. So they were correct in delaying it until they were confident that they could make it how they envisioned.

How good are some of the puzzles. The children's poems with the statues can be real head scratchers and there were at least a couple cultist stashes I had to bust out notepad and a calculator. The way they use the environment to give clues to things like computer passwords or combination locks was neat. I had to stop thinking like I was playing a video game and just looking for interactive things for clues like I would normalky do. Several times I had to survey the environment as if it were real and the answers were on completely static things like seemingly random books laying around to sticky notes posted around.

That level is amazing. I really wasn't expecting it either. Remedy have similar things in most of their games now but the scale of it I wasn't expecting. For me this game smashed the boundaries of the way a story could be told in a video game. They now have a universe that people are going to talk about and speculate about for years. I'm absolutely obsessed with the universe at the moment. I'm casually playing through Final Draft (NG+ with subtle story changes... For reasons) and watching a mate play it for the first time on share screen. I keep picking up things I missed and since he also recently played Control as well we just keep talking about every clue and reference and their greater implications to the over all plot.

If Alan Wake 2 came out sooner after 1 we wouldn't have got anything at all like we did. So they were correct in delaying it until they were confident that they could make it how they envisioned.

How good are some of the puzzles. The children's poems with the statues can be real head scratchers and there were at least a couple cultist stashes I had to bust out notepad and a calculator. The way they use the environment to give clues to things like computer passwords or combination locks was neat. I had to stop thinking like I was playing a video game and just looking for interactive things for clues like I would normalky do. Several times I had to survey the environment as if it were real and the answers were on completely static things like seemingly random books laying around to sticky notes posted around.

That level is amazing. I really wasn't expecting it either. Remedy have similar things in most of their games now but the scale of it I wasn't expecting. For me this game smashed the boundaries of the way a story could be told in a video game. They now have a universe that people are going to talk about and speculate about for years. I'm absolutely obsessed with the universe at the moment. I'm casually playing through Final Draft (NG+ with subtle story changes... For reasons) and watching a mate play it for the first time on share screen. I keep picking up things I missed and since he also recently played Control as well we just keep talking about every clue and reference and their greater implications to the over all plot.

Haha yeah. I really can't wait to finish it and ask questions too. Rocketed to my top 5 fra

I imagine what kind of effed up game Remedy and Naughty Dog could make. They're both so good at making these cinematic type games.

Wish AMC would hurry up and get the ball rolling on the TV show. (Providing they do it right). Story is too good not to be shared with the world.

From Control
This popped up in my YouTube feed which I missed through watching a recap video instead of doing a playthrough. So good.

Can't wait to get to the end.

Haha yeah. I really can't wait to finish it and ask questions too. Rocketed to my top 5 fra

I imagine what kind of effed up game Remedy and Naughty Dog could make. They're both so good at making these cinematic type games.

Wish AMC would hurry up and get the ball rolling on the TV show. (Providing they do it right). Story is too good not to be shared with the world.

From Control
This popped up in my YouTube feed which I missed through watching a recap video instead of doing a playthrough. So good.

Can't wait to get to the end.

On that Control bit
I think it goes to show how far back a lot of this was planned and probably justifies some of the complaints that the story can be hard to follow for some people. While I loved and understood Control I didn't remember that line with Dylan. I remember him talking about his dreams but that exact reference to many world's, the cop and Door would have made zero sense back then. I replayed Control right after AW2 and that's when it registered with me.

Quantum Break isn't officially canon in the Remedy-verse but there are still some things worth mentioning. Maybe they're just Easter eggs but still worth it. Quantum Break is more about time travel than many world's though. But there is also a bit of time related shenanigans in the AW story too I guess.

In Quantum Break Lance Reddick plays Martin Hatch. Hatch could be synonymous with Door and the name Martin looks a lot like Warlin. Also do you remember the cop, Tim Breaker, who disappeared during the autopsy of Nightingale at the station in Bright Falls near the start of the game? He is played by Shawn Ashmore who also plays the main character of Quantum Break, Jack Joyce. This might be missable but I'm assuming you found it during Alan's first mission through the subway because the game sort of points you there, but you find Tim Breaker in that safe room and he's talking about searching for Warlin Door. Remedy have said they like to plant Easter eggs of their games around (like Sam Lake constantly doing the Max Payne face), so maybe Tim Breaker sounding a lot like Time Breaker is just that because it's played by the same actor. But he also disagrees with Alan that Door is a talk show host. Maybe he's searching for Hatch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure exactly how far I’m in (playing as Saga and about to go to Coffee land) but I must say this game is nothing short of amazing. I don’t get a lot of time to play it unfortunately as I have young kids.
The setting, graphics, atmosphere….
What a marvel it is.

You are in for an absolute treat!!

Finished it tonight. What a ride. Love this universe they've set up.

Was getting annoyed where I thought the ending was heading, then the last 5 minutes were crazy. Looked up the NG+ ending on YouTube as it's too draining to play again straight after.

Amazing, but my head hurts. Doing some hardcore theory searching tomorrow.

Can't wait for the DLC.

Finished it tonight. What a ride. Love this universe they've set up.

Was getting annoyed where I thought the ending was heading, then the last 5 minutes were crazy. Looked up the NG+ ending on YouTube as it's too draining to play again straight after.

Amazing, but my head hurts. Doing some hardcore theory searching tomorrow.

Can't wait for the DLC.

Three words:

Valhalla Nursing Home.

I did end up buying it Tuesday night, thought I posted about it here as I was doing it at the time. Was a bit confused as the price ended up being $40 - but that could also be the USD price and I've paid $61 AUD...

Either way it installed and I started it (more just to check out the graphics and see if it'd run on xyz settings). It works and plays decently - now need to continue my AW Remastered progress before starting AW2 properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back