Rookie
Jun 27, 2007
richmond
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
basketball
gdayy boys,

AGSV competiton wise who does everybody think will be the big players of the league? who will be the captains of each team? and ultimately who will win the league..
interested 2 hear all your thoughts! xx

pegs have bought a new crop of players
trengrove has a good chance of captaincy and will go top 5 this year
i no addam maric is still in yr 12 nd does that mean he will play school footy
also look out for dylan joyce, probably the smallest in the aps but one of the best

i think it will again be the same teams up with a chance. pegs marcellin peninsula and maybe assumption. pegs without their rep players should pay the price so i think it will be out ouf peninsula or marcellin?

trinity will do alright, mid range. thinking they will get the wooden spoon is a load of crap. absolute crap..
their best 4 or 5 are brown, spassopolous, eckersley, birrel, tinney

yehh dont think camberwell will go the greatest this year.
who are the top 3 players from each team u rekon??

I am an ex Yarra student, i would expect them to do alot better than last year. blooded 5 year 10's who played very consistantly.

Blease - AIS
Gysberts - Vic Metro 16
Scott - Vic Metro 16
Moore - Vic Metro 16 injured before carnival unable to play.
Burnage - Vic metro 16 injured before carnival unable to play.

Camberwell or Ivanhoe for the wooden spoon id say.

the muppet who said that trinity will finish last is a dropkick. camberwell and ivanhoe not to mention mentone are horrible trinity will finish mid table

another thing is their coach is a gun, to say they are a poorly coached side is ludarcrus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because camberwell have no talent lost all if any talent last year, ivanhoe dont have any at all. And mentone are ok but could fall badly this year.

trinity on the other still have a good core group of year 12's plus some good year 11's as well as some awesome year 10's who went undefeated last season

My ladder

1. PEGS
2. Peninsula
3. Marcellin
4. Assumption
5. Trinity
6. Ivanhoe
7. Camberwell
8. Yarra Valley
9. Mentone

PEGS always favourites to win, think Peninsula will do well this season. Marcellin always seem to contend at the top as well as Assumption. That makes the top 4.

I believe the only other two schools who can make the 4 are Trinity and Ivanhoe. Bottom 3 need to improve majorily. Despite Menton finishing 5th last season I don't believe they can get up this season.

yeh i rekon thats a solid predictiona although peninsula assumption and marcellin who most likely will be in top 4 will be in any order because theyre all usually so close to one another.

My ladder

1. PEGS
2. Peninsula
3. Marcellin
4. Assumption
5. Trinity
6. Ivanhoe
7. Camberwell
8. Yarra Valley
9. Mentone

PEGS always favourites to win, think Peninsula will do well this season. Marcellin always seem to contend at the top as well as Assumption. That makes the top 4.

I believe the only other two schools who can make the 4 are Trinity and Ivanhoe. Bottom 3 need to improve majorily. Despite Menton finishing 5th last season I don't believe they can get up this season.

Trinity are looking very good...

Peninsula higly rated but why? who will there big guns be this year? I can't see them beating PEGS, Marcellin or Assumption!

i think trinity are heading into this season very under rated. I finished at trinity in 06, and in the lower grades there were some terrific footballers coming through, and from what i saw last year.

Lewie Eckersley (year 11) - has two brothers who have come through footy at trinity, Tom being an excellent runnign midfielder, Will not to ar behind. I think from looking at them, Lewie seems to be the one with the msot talent. His tremendous ball winning abilities is absolutely tremendous and his hard-hitting and body work is exceptional. Wins the ball as well. Gives every game his all.

Matt Brown (year 12) - exceptional forward, will be captain of the trinity Firsts as I am aware of, exceptional leadership skills and a great mark. His finishing is also briliant and his presence on the field is felt tremendously.

Nick Birrel (year 12) - this kid runs all day and is a very reliable back man. He usually plays back pocket but takes the big man, usually the full-forward. Runs it off the backline as well and is not scared to leave his man to link-up.

Kris Spassopolus (year 12) - he forward/midfield/back which can really paly anywhere on the ground. Has exceptional ball winning ability and is well.....HUGE. He is a long kick and does find targets.

Alex Prittie (Yr 11..i think) - this is kid has silky skills and although a midfielder has the ability to play forward. He has a trusty and handy left-foot which is exceptional considering he is right footed. He gives every game his heart and shows great leadership on-field. If eckersley is not captain of 2009, this kid will be!

Harry Tinney (year 12) - exceptional kicking ability. well built as well and runs all day. highly rated in the school and can mark well above head. If matty brown isnt captain then harry will be.

Peninsula higly rated but why? who will there big guns be this year? I can't see them beating PEGS, Marcellin or Assumption!
Our big guns will be Alex Goodingham, Luke Adams, Miles Pitt and Ricky Plumber and maybe Joel Miller, we have a lot of talent I just don't know if it's good enough to beat PEGS, Marcellin or Assumption.

i think trinity are heading into this season very under rated. I finished at trinity in 06, and in the lower grades there were some terrific footballers coming through, and from what i saw last year.

Lewie Eckersley (year 11) - has two brothers who have come through footy at trinity, Tom being an excellent runnign midfielder, Will not to ar behind. I think from looking at them, Lewie seems to be the one with the msot talent. His tremendous ball winning abilities is absolutely tremendous and his hard-hitting and body work is exceptional. Wins the ball as well. Gives every game his all.

Matt Brown (year 12) - exceptional forward, will be captain of the trinity Firsts as I am aware of, exceptional leadership skills and a great mark. His finishing is also briliant and his presence on the field is felt tremendously.

Nick Birrel (year 12) - this kid runs all day and is a very reliable back man. He usually plays back pocket but takes the big man, usually the full-forward. Runs it off the backline as well and is not scared to leave his man to link-up.

Kris Spassopolus (year 12) - he forward/midfield/back which can really paly anywhere on the ground. Has exceptional ball winning ability and is well.....HUGE. He is a long kick and does find targets.

Alex Prittie (Yr 11..i think) - this is kid has silky skills and although a midfielder has the ability to play forward. He has a trusty and handy left-foot which is exceptional considering he is right footed. He gives every game his heart and shows great leadership on-field. If eckersley is not captain of 2009, this kid will be!

Harry Tinney (year 12) - exceptional kicking ability. well built as well and runs all day. highly rated in the school and can mark well above head. If matty brown isnt captain then harry will be.

agree fully with the players you have mentioned, dont really see trinity as capable of making the top 4, dont have any absolute stars that can blitz a game open. from the blokes mentioned (or anybody u forgot) 'bigbangfooty' who do you think are the key 1 or 2 players that need 2 have a massive year for the trinity team to push for a good result in 08. just cant see them doing amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back