AGSV First XVIII Football 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

have just seen through facebook Marcellin defeated PEGS
17.12.114 to 12.7.79
makes the Trinity and PEGS game even more interesting

Wow! That's amazing! Yes my source told me they both had there captains out because of Vic Metro! Ivanhoe beat Peninsula by a few points which is great for them. Last year we had only two teams from the start, this year it's Three, and Ivanhoe now becoming the new Assumption, as they have some good Year 10 boys.

have just seen through facebook Marcellin defeated PEGS
17.12.114 to 12.7.79
makes the Trinity and PEGS game even more interesting

Watched the Marcellin vs PEGS game... very very good game! Marcellin was down in the 3rd quarter but simply ran over them them in the last quarter.
Jordan Perry, Jesse Tardio, Marcus Bontempelli and Reece McKenzie all extremely impressive year 11's.
Perry kicking 3, along with Xavier Burns kicking 3, (grandson of Graham Arthur, Hawthorn Legend) also showing very good signs.
PEGS vice captain, Anthony Prestia (cousin of Dion Prestia) was unusually quiet

Watched the Marcellin vs PEGS game... very very good game! Marcellin was down in the 3rd quarter but simply ran over them them in the last quarter.
Jordan Perry, Jesse Tardio, Marcus Bontempelli and Reece McKenzie all extremely impressive year 11's.
Perry kicking 3, along with Xavier Burns kicking 3, (grandson of Graham Arthur, Hawthorn Legend) also showing very good signs.
PEGS vice captain, Anthony Prestia (cousin of Dion Prestia) was unusually quiet

I think Prestia really struggled without Bailey in there to share the load and getting first hands on the footy but in saying that Marcellin too were missing their captain Keenan Posar and there best rebounding defender in Jordan Pettigrove

Also in the week just passed with PEGS needing as much percentage as they can get, only getting a 22 point win over Yarra Valley doesnt help especially when they are still yet to play either Trinity or Assumption. Marcellin with a 52 point win over Peninsula helps them even further. They now have around a 19% lead over PEGS and still have Ivanhoe, Yarra Valley and Camberwell so possibly three big wins for them. If PEGS are to beat Trinity they still have a huge Percentage gap over all comers. For me it looks like we will be seeing a Trinity vs. Marcellin grand final, neighbours and rivals and the schools that just go with the students they are given, it would be great

I think Prestia really struggled without Bailey in there to share the load and getting first hands on the footy but in saying that Marcellin too were missing their captain Keenan Posar and there best rebounding defender in Jordan Pettigrove

Also in the week just passed with PEGS needing as much percentage as they can get, only getting a 22 point win over Yarra Valley doesnt help especially when they are still yet to play either Trinity or Assumption. Marcellin with a 52 point win over Peninsula helps them even further. They now have around a 19% lead over PEGS and still have Ivanhoe, Yarra Valley and Camberwell so possibly three big wins for them. If PEGS are to beat Trinity they still have a huge Percentage gap over all comers. For me it looks like we will be seeing a Trinity vs. Marcellin grand final, neighbours and rivals and the schools that just go with the students they are given, it would be great

Marcellin had a big win yesterday over Ivanhoe! 127 points! Ivanhoe had no Ben Lennon which helped them score a big win.It would be great to see a Trinity V Marcelin GF!

The AGSV competition is looking very competitive this year, but it looks like it will be a Marcellin V Trinity Grand Final.
Most of my attention has been drawn to Ivanhoe though. They have had a couple big wins and a couple blow outs. Obviously have the potential to be a very strong side, just cant find consistency.
Does anyone know why they have improved out of sight? I have heard they have a few young guns. I have heard of a young gun in Billy Murphy, made the Vic Metro Squad and has really impressed, I have also heard he achieved 16.1 on the beep test in the combine day and is an electric player?
Another young gun that has caught my attention form Marcellin is Reece Mckenzie, son of carlton play Warren. Heard he made the Vic Metro squad and has very good hands, and can kick a ball.
Does anyone have any more information...
It looks as if the AGSV competiton is getting really exciting!

The AGSV competition is looking very competitive this year, but it looks like it will be a Marcellin V Trinity Grand Final.
Most of my attention has been drawn to Ivanhoe though. They have had a couple big wins and a couple blow outs. Obviously have the potential to be a very strong side, just cant find consistency.
Does anyone know why they have improved out of sight? I have heard they have a few young guns. I have heard of a young gun in Billy Murphy, made the Vic Metro Squad and has really impressed, I have also heard he achieved 16.1 on the beep test in the combine day and is an electric player?
Another young gun that has caught my attention form Marcellin is Reece Mckenzie, son of carlton play Warren. Heard he made the Vic Metro squad and has very good hands, and can kick a ball.

Ivanhoe, not to sure they have improved that much! Pegs beat them by 95 points, Marcellin beat them by 127 points! And they are yet to play Trinity!!
I believe next year will be there year, with some very good year 9 and 10 boys!

Yes definitely a strong group of year 10's pushing through which will see them hopefully become even more competitive next season. Billy Murphy is one of there up and comers saw him play Marcellin and made some quick darting runs and was exciting but at this point of course being a year 10 lacked size and got crunched a bit but for sure one to lead them in the next couple of years. As for Ivanhoe as a whole seeing the game Friday i no they missed Ben Lennon but it was a training drill for Marcellin they were all class and just destroyed Ivanhoe who kicked the first goal of each quarter (they only kicked 4 goals for the game)

Pegs beat Camberwell by 200 no surprise but need to win big if they have any chance catching either Marcellin or Trinity for percentage. They now have better percentage than Marcellin who have the bye then Yarra Valley who won in a thriller against Peninsula by 2 points and then they have their chance to smash Camberwell its going to be close, i said before it will be Marcellin vs Trinity but with the percentage boosted above Marcellin's not going to write the champs off just yet.

Heh Trinity arn't safe either! Pegs could knock of Trinity this week! Marcellin seem to have best run home! But it could any one of the Three! It's up to Trinity to win this week!

Trinity beat Pegs by 7 goals! There Are a very good football team, and will be hard to be beat come Final. Marcellin are a very good side as well and it should be a cracker of a game! Good luck to both teams!

Trinity beat Pegs by 7 goals! There Are a very good football team, and will be hard to be beat come Final. Marcellin are a very good side as well and it should be a cracker of a game! Good luck to both teams!

yeah good call. Will be an interesting close to the season, i reckon Trinity are the real deal this year.
Another suprise, Peninsula got beaten by Camberwell. Possibly due to Whitfield missing because of Metro duties

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trinity had about 7 to 8 of the best 10 players, almost like they are taking in scholarship players ????.

defs not scholarship players,
the year 11's this year are incredibly strong. I believe they are carrying the year 12s who aren't as strong as last years.

Unless any major slip ups its settled Trinity vs. Marcellin
4-5 goal win to Trinity in round 1 but Marcellin have come a long way also beating pegs by around 7 goals like Trinity did today. Both teams have got their guns although Trinity's are more recognized and both have shown great depth through all areas of the field its just a shame there is still 2 more rounds and the holiday break. Cant wait for this one Trinity obviously the favorites but i have seen a lot of Marcellin games so far and they have come along way since their round 1 loss, should be a cracker

Who wins and Why? I think Trinity is as good this year as they were last year? Can Marcellin win and why?
Where will the GF be played ? Time and date?

Who wins and Why? I think Trinity is as good this year as they were last year? Can Marcellin win and why?
Where will the GF be played ? Time and date?

At this stage percentage says it will be at Trinity - a large ground that will be sure to be surrounded with a large crowd considering these two teams are both new to AGSV finals football

Most likely played at Trinity but both the Daly and the Bray ovals are very similar and since Trinity's sports grounds are right next to Marcellin College, you can be assured a large number of students and staff will make the walk over to support maybe more so than Trinity. The winners of this match-up i think will be Trinity. Very skilled and a all round side with great star power i think they should and will take out the 2012 AGSV football title

Apart from winning the grand final i feel it is a big chance for players to stamp themselves as real draft hopes. Of course McDonald already has the chance on the state stage but players like Kennedy-Harris, Cutler and Curnow from Trinity can show they are capable of playing on the big stage and taking the next step while for Marcellin the likes of Bontempelli, Perry and McKenzie and Keenan Posar who may find this his last chance to show selectors he is capable of greater things.

Marcellin's main hope of winning is limiting the impact of Trinity's elite while hurting them the other way because from seeing Trinity they do tend to run forward of the ball. So if Marcellin can utilize the skills and poise of Perry, Bontempelli and Posar and get it to their key forward McKenzie enough times 1 on 1 they can put real scoreboard pressure of Trinity which is something they are yet to face. If Marcellin can unsettle them early with a fast start we may just see Trinity unravel, but it is a lot easier said then done

Well said!! should be a fast game and Yes can McKenzie stand up! Trinity seem to have a few more mature bodies, but still, the result will be very close! a lot closer than last years GF!!

Well said!! should be a fast game and Yes can McKenzie stand up! Trinity seem to have a few more mature bodies, but still, the result will be very close! a lot closer than last years GF!!

Some promising news McKenzie's last 2 grand finals even though only in junior footy (div 1) has been BOG kicking bags so your right can step up in the big moments

But more importantly we knew it was going to happen but it is official Marcellin will play Trinity in the grand final after they beat Camberwell by 70 odd, didn't get to see but heard they did what they needed to do

For those wanting to go watch its either 11 or 11:30 at Trinity's oval i think can anyone confirm this?

Wow! Trinity were too good! Great 1sthalf, then the stronger bodies of Trinity took over.
It was a good year for the agsv and it should be an even better 2013.

Trinity Crowned the rightful kings of AGSV football-
The inspirational Mr Maus gets his first flag after so many years of hard work coaching-
Luke Mcdonald and all the usual s had great games.
Proved the doubters wrong
Go t-boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back