AGSV 2009- First XVIII School Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Just shows that ACK only care about Footy and basically cheat to win - no natural ability a tthe school - juist this "imported" stuff.

All the other schools know it mate - its only the ACK cheersquad that post the Crapola like "32 WINS IN 58 YEARS".

Other schools go for the allround education. We are not besotted in going on like you clowns.

BTW - what are the Year 9's who used to play Footy now doing ???? After they have been shafted by the Scholarship/boarders or whatever u call them ??
Table Tennis maybe ???

Did the parents get a refund on their fees when little Johnnie got shafted from the 1st XVIII ???

I know a lot more that's going on than you will ever learn

Hahaha and that just proves how ignorant you are. Because if we only cared about footy than why were there 6 other AGSV representatives in various other sports. Why have our cricket teams in 1st 2nds and 3rds in the last couple of years have been premiers. And seeing as how i was playing when that happened i know for a fact that those teams were largely made up of students that had been there since year 7. So explain to me again how we only care about footy???

Nice one *

Just shows that ACK only care about Footy and basically cheat to win - no natural ability a tthe school - juist this "imported" stuff.

All the other schools know it mate - its only the ACK cheersquad that post the Crapola like "32 WINS IN 58 YEARS".

Other schools go for the allround education. We are not besotted in going on like you clowns.

BTW - what are the Year 9's who used to play Footy now doing ???? After they have been shafted by the Scholarship/boarders or whatever u call them ??
Table Tennis maybe ???

Did the parents get a refund on their fees when little Johnnie got shafted from the 1st XVIII ???

I know a lot more that's going on than you will ever learn
Wow that's amazing you seem to know alot about it... not. Garvey the 2 talias toman maric and prestia are some of the most talented players to be playing at the school this year, if not the most, yet all have been at the school for since year 7. You know nothing the only thing you've got is jealousy, assumption is a great school and we don't pay out your school so don't have a dig at ours. And as for the boarders leave them out of this, they show more loyalty and commitment to this school in 3 year or however long they board that you probably do in your 6 years of schooling at yours. Every boarder is treated as an equal to the day students and evenly make up the 1st XVIII.

Just face it mate you are ill informed and i've just shown your lack of credibility.

Here are the ACK Athletic results for the past 8 years.

(Out of nine schools)
2001 9th
2002 9th
2003 9th
2004 9th
2005 9th
2006 9th
2007 9th
2008 9th

Congrats on consistent results,

Now - you going to comment on how many of the 1st 18 for 2009 played in the 7A's four or five years ago ????
I doubt it -so I'll have a guess - maybe 6 ???

Pathetic really boys , totally pathetic.

(Out of nine schools)
2001 9th
2002 9th
2003 9th
2004 9th
2005 9th
2006 9th
2007 9th
2008 9th

Now - you going to comment on how many of the 1st 18 for 2009 played in the 7A's four or five years ago ????

ACK don't offer scholarship, end of discussion.

The large influx of talent that comes in is from the boarders who arrive in year 10 (personally I went in year 11), the change in boarder numbers from 7/8/9 to 10/11/12 would be huge. For example my year level had like 5 blokes boarding in year 7-9, by year 11 we had about 40 odd.

A lot of the boys come from country schools that don't offer schooling past year 10, hence they goto boarding school (the King Island boys are the prime example), but a lot of others just choose to board during their VCE years in hopes of doing better at school, the football is just an extra incentive.

There is a lot of talented country kids who decide they want to leave their tiny schools/towns to better themselves at boarding school and they choose ACK because of it's footy prestige and because while it is a decent size school, it is still considered a country school which has a lot of appeal.
I played 1sts the whole time I was there, the sporting reputation ACK definitely had an influence on why I went there and it obviously does for a bunch of others. It is that appeal that brings in some really good country kids, not scholarships or anything of the sort.

Your Aths stats just goto prove that good athletes don't necessarily make good footballers. Plus we had about a third of the students to pick from for aths, half the events ACK wouldn't even have competitors, the Aths team was made up of about 50 kids, unlike some of the city schools with funding and training and s**t.

I'd much rather finish first in the sport that mattered every year, than first in a sport no-one even cares about.
Obvious that you are bitter at the beating your school continually cops from a bunch of country boys, all you city blokes spent to long doing your hair and fingering each other in the showers to ever even be competitive. Pathetic really, totally pathetic.. Try put up a little bit of a fight at least, it is getting sad now.

Wow that's amazing you seem to know alot about it... not. Garvey the 2 talias toman maric and prestia are some of the most talented players to be playing at the school this year, if not the most, yet all have been at the school for since year 7. You know nothing the only thing you've got is jealousy, assumption is a great school and we don't pay out your school so don't have a dig at ours. And as for the boarders leave them out of this, they show more loyalty and commitment to this school in 3 year or however long they board that you probably do in your 6 years of schooling at yours. Every boarder is treated as an equal to the day students and evenly make up the 1st XVIII.

Just face it mate you are ill informed and i've just shown your lack of credibility.

good work tough. And once again Congratulations everyone involved in Sundays win. GO BLUES!

assumption has also won more cricket premierships than any other team so clearly its more than football and has won the premiership in 1sts, 2nds and 3rds for the last two years.
also ack only has about 500 boys across the 6 year levels. big difference to the likes of marcellin nd trinity with 1200 or 1300.
plus seriously who gives a f.uck about athletics...get a real sport.

athletics??
here we are going on about a great win by A.C.K to defeat an overrated PEGS side and you bring up athletics?
someone hates how good A.C.K are at the sports people care about.
last 2 AGSV cricket premierships.. last 2 AGSV footy premierships.. last 2 herald sun shield premierships..
not a bad little couple of years by ASSUMPTION

(Out of nine schools)
2001 9th
2002 9th
2003 9th
2004 9th
2005 9th
2006 9th
2007 9th
2008 9th

I don't know why i waste my time replying to this joker....
Mate if you didn't realise your pulling out facts that have nothing to do with your arguement. Once again 2 talias wright prestia traynor comi maric toman are just a few to mention who wre apart of the grand final side let alone countless others who got a go during the year. Off the top of my head i've just once again disposed of your pity arguement.

I've got a better idea for you mate, give it a break, there is no use you bringing up irrelevant arguements that just make people recognise how ill informed you are. Good try though at least you were able to string together a couple of sentances in this post;)

(Out of nine schools)
2001 9th
2002 9th
2003 9th
2004 9th
2005 9th
2006 9th
2007 9th
2008 9th

Wow hold on a second there you jealous f**k. this is a footy forum not some forum that builds some self esteem for depressed muppets like you, you sad f**k!!

ATHS ATHS!! who give's a **** about aths the only reason most lads do aths is so that we can get a day off n have nice perve at the other scools talanted girls if you know what im talking about boys :D such as those fine yarra vally girls :D, lucky YV males!!. any way NTTAWWT you keep trying with your s**t calls they might become witty one day:thumbsu:.

By the way what school are you from? Thats if your not to guttless to tell the rest of this forum, we'll all understand if you don't though.

Then answer this fact -
ACK Year 7A side in 2006 - beaten by over nearly 100 pts every week.
ACK Year 8A in 2007 - still as bad.
ACK Year 9A in 2008 - bottom of the ladder again.
ACK Year 10A in 2009 - unbeaten, wins by over 10 goals against sides that have beaten them for the past 3 years with the same squad ????

I despise scholarships/cheating - just look at what Hailybury did to the APS when they decided to buy a few APS premierships .
At least Xavier is back on top in the PS where they belong.

I was at ACK 1981 to 1986 and all junior teams were shiteful, they started getting better at under 16 level.
Ray Carroll is a freakishly good coach and the boys play for the jumper &those who wore it before them. Unless you boarded there you wouldn't understand.

Well done lads for 2009

Wow hold on a second there you jealous f**k. this is a footy forum not some forum that builds some self esteem for depressed muppets like you, you sad f**k!!

ATHS ATHS!! who give's a **** about aths the only reason most lads do aths is so that we can get a day off n have nice perve at the other scools talanted girls if you know hat im talking about boys :D such those fine yarra vally girls :D, lucky YV males!!. any way NTTAWWT you keep trying with your s**t calls they might become witty one day:thumbsu:.

By the way what school are you from? Thats if your not to guttless to tell the rest of this forum, we'll all understand if you don't though.

those YV girls!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back