Employment Agency work

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am currently in the process of being shafted at work – hours cut down substantially, to basically half of what I was doing a month ago – and that's obviously starting to hurt. I currently work about two nights a shift but I have recently graduated so I have plenty of time to do this sort of work.

I'm pretty happy doing anything: bar work, waiting, low-level labouring, helping the catering at events, cleaning up festival sites... whatever.

What ones have you used? What were your experiences? How did you get in touch? What ones are easy to pick work up with?

Cheers.

Try as many agencies as possible. Most just want numbers on the books and will barely ask any real questions. Just give an outline of your skills, availabilty, industries and locations you will work.

From there your best bet is to get an ongoing temp gig which hopefully becomes permanent.

Careers are a myth now a days, job applications and interviews mostly bullshit. People will hire their mates or a known quantity. Unless you are an ace net worker your only real option is to:
a) Start your own business

b) Temp long term and become the known quantity.

As to specific agencies don't know. You seem keen on hospitality and that isn't my field.

Wouldn't mind hospo but wouldn't actually mind some factory work.
I think your feeling the same way i was feeling when i finished uni.
I didnt feel like an adult and didnt feel like i was, i dunno, worthy of a proper job. So i only applied for shelf stacking, bar work, hospitality. Menial stuff that mostly backpackers do.
Scared that id be found out as an imposter in the real world.

You seem like a very inteligent person. Go for 'adult' jobs. Even if you dont feel like your an adult yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back