Arts & Humanities Age of Empires

Remove this Banner Ad

Spent like a month solid back in the day of getting home from school, jumping on msn with one of my best mates, and booting up a game of AOE.

Some epic matches were had.

Then one game, 5 minutes into it I've got like 3 people and building just my 2nd house or some s**t, my mate comes riding in on a horse, easily disposes of my few defenseless civilians and ends the game.

That was the end of that...

Just got a reality check playing as the Franks against the Persians. Axes against elephants, common sense prevailed.

Picked it up for the first time in two years and have not regretted it one bit :D

One of the best games ever. (AOEII The Conquerors)

Just got a reality check playing as the Franks against the Persians. Axes against elephants, common sense prevailed.

Picked it up for the first time in two years and have not regretted it one bit :D

One of the best games ever. (AOEII The Conquerors)

It's ******* brilliant. Never gotten old. One of the downsides of having a mac now is that I can't play my old disc on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when i first played AOE:

PCPP019.jpg

I remember the sound effects most fondly.

- The bird sound, a stock sound
- Enemy attack warning
- Priest conversion
- Horse noises

Few others, and the music themes. They are just sounds impossible to forget. I haven't played the game in over a decade, but still remember the soundtrack rather fondly.

Never understood the fuss about AOE to be frank. I played it when it first came out but after I got RON close to a decade ago, AOE just went second fiddle.

Would often spend countless hours building up massive Russian armies through the ages, attacking neighbouring civilisations from every outlying town, using them as supply bases to raid the major supply cities with the ally sending some much needed reinforcements while I re-supplied.

Typing this up just brings back nostalgia and the urge to go through my CD's in the hope of still having it someplace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back