Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.
There's that many posts explaining the problem and what you can do, there's no need for ignorance, academies included.

we had none of those last night

go sook someone else

But our Skipper and best defender are out .

Last years finals we were the walking dead , s**t happens.

If you can't cover 4 players it's a worry.
If you compare it fairly, it's a 3 player difference. Not sure it justifies a 52 point loss.

If you compare it fairly, it's a 3 player difference. Not sure it justifies a 52 point loss.

Fans whinge about injuries, I get it, but some of those are ordinary.

But also why come here to do it, do we care 🤣

Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.
Nobody forces you to press the notification.

You’ve seen yourself in, now do everyone a favour and see yourself out.

See what a good trade period does
A good trade period is just one ingredient.. like the tomato in a Ham, Cheese, Tomato Toastie
Years of good drafting is the Ham
Development of draftees by the senior legends, McVeigh, Jack, JPK, Buddy etc is the cheese
and the Coaches are the crunchy toast which holds it all together

The SCG is like that country roadhouse hot plate which puts it all together and allows it to last great..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It still cracks me up that people look at the game last night and think "trading Hewett was a mistake".

Slow as a wet week, ineffectual as heck. If Parker isn't getting into this midfield Hewett wouldn't be close. On the Carlton board they are saying Hewett wouldn't be getting a game if they had a single fast player or Cerra fit.

Last edited:
Underrated moment but loved cunners goal. Won it at half back, continues the run and goals from arc to arc running
not under-rated.. Goal of the game, jumped out of the chair and yelled when it went through.. very happy for it to make goal of the round on the Swans website.

This is our back pocket / small lock down defender!!!

It still cracks me up that people look at the game last night and think "trading Hewett was a mistake".

Slow as a wet weak, ineffectual as heck. If Parker isn't getting into this midfield Hewett wouldn't be close. On the Carlton board they are saying Hewett wouldn't be getting a game if they had a single fast player or Cerra fit.
I don't think trading Hewett was a mistake, because we didn't trade him.

Also, who cares what Blues fans think. He's a regular even with Cerra in.

Last edited:
The days of a Tony Lockett or Lance Franklin kicking 10 are over. The ability of midfielders to roll back and help out has well and truly killed this. Tonight was the perfect example. Look at how much height, weight and even speed our KPD gave up to Curnow, McKay and dK. Initially looked like they were all going to kick bags on us. Then we woke up and our team defence rendered them impotent.

Our talls are doing what is required to allow for the TEAM to kick goals. Yes, Amartey and McDonald shanked a few but if you look at the goal assists, McDonald was certainly up there and both worked hard off the ball. That is what we need from them first and foremost and their individual goals are the icing.

Spot on.

Doesn’t matter who finishes off the good work witha goal. Will watch the replay but before then I reckon I spotted a few wonderful smart chance creations for others Logan contributed to. Imo he is incredibly smart and unselfish. Will watch for his work in the replay.

Missed the game last night as I was out, but just watching the game now. Not sure if it's been mentioned, and I hate bringing up old wounds, but how good was it to see the boys get around slick Wicks after his goal in the 3rd quarter? That was a big FU to the football public.

Maybe you should go and watch a different sport if you dont like clubs with brown paper bags and CAP rorting.

Carlton has the 'Victorian Academy' being the TAC Cup, Talent League or whatever is called and totally funded by the AFL for Victoria and the 'Call to home' Academy for homesick Victorians.

Bye.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Horse commented on the mid quarter adjustments the players did to stem the tide(that's good coaching as well to have a plan they know, so not taking away from him) There is a maturity and leadership out there.

He's an occasional sub, slow grinder in a team sitting outside the 8. Barely noticed him last night. He is potentially and pretty arguably scraping in at 4 or 5 in the 5 best midfielders at Carlton. Anyway the point stands, I didn't watch last night and find myself thinking "god imagine if we'd kept him!"

Hewett is a honest plodder they overpaid for him, if he stayed great, he left , no biggie. Probably be in our VFL side most weeks, but also we would be a different side so who knows.

If he retired tomorrow had a good career already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back