AFLW AFLW 2022 - R2 Sat - RIC/ADL, PA/WB & FRE/GEE (local non-vic 7mate only, womens.afl, fox/kayo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me heartless, but why couldn't she be carried off to the ambulance and the match continued sooner? The ambulance would still be there in case of a second incident. Why did all that have to happen on field with the curtain up? Not a good look. Get her the green whistle and carry her straight to the ambulance, done and done and the game restarts quickly.
I'm guessing it had to do with severity of the break, and that they needed to keep the leg immobile.

It reminded me a little of the Nathan Brown break from around 15-20 years ago, where leg was at an odd angle.

What was the point of adding a port side to this competition to grow the game, as is desperately needed, just to s**t on us for two games straight?

Any fence sitting fans thinking about jumping on port and the aflw would have seen the absolute rogering we’ve gotten by the umps in the first two rounds and switched off. Farcical.

(This isn’t saying port sides have been good, they’ve struggled, but the umpiring has been horrendously bad. Like full on rort bad.)

I'm guessing it had to do with severity of the break, and that they needed to keep the leg immobile.

It reminded me a little of the Nathan Brown break from around 15-20 years ago, where leg was at an odd angle.

Could be. Yeah I'm no expert haha. I just don't see much of a difference between securing the leg on the stretcher and carrying off 100 metres to a rocky ambulance ride, and securing the leg on the stretcher and carrying off 5 metres to a rocky ambulance ride.

One is an ugly look for half an hour and prying eyes. Unless it's neck or back related, then by all means take all the time in the world. Oh well, I just hope she makes a full recovery.

What was the point of adding a port side to this competition to grow the game, as is desperately needed, just to s**t on us for two games straight?

Any fence sitting fans thinking about jumping on port and the aflw would have seen the absolute rogering we’ve gotten by the umps in the first two rounds and switched off. Farcical.

(This isn’t saying port sides have been good, they’ve struggled, but the umpiring has been horrendously bad. Like full on rort bad.)

Yeah they should've had Port up against Sydney or another expansion for their first home match. Opportunity lost.

Beth Lynch not getting suspended for being a s**t tackler last week, allowing her to be a s**t tackler this week and give away the free kick that seals victory for Adelaide. Cruel and unusual punishment.

Yesterday Richmond became the 1st team to have lost against all of the competition's "original" 10 teams.

Hours later Fremantle became the 2nd team, following Collingwood (who got there by 2019), to have lost against all fellow "original" 10 teams. There is another "chance" today of a change being made to the 10-team who-has-beaten-who matrix (GWS v BL):

aflw10teamswl.jpg

And I use the word "chance" loosely, knowing that the Giants somehow always play worse against Brisbane than what their 0-5 record suggests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back