News AFLW 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see the word 'pace' mentioned in any of those bios. We said we would go midfield, second ruck and a tall forward, yet we grabbed two medium defenders.

Both Annie Lee & Keeley Sherar are lifelong bluebaggers, so we've drafted for long term retention.

Makes sense the way players are jumping around every year.

I don't see the word 'pace' mentioned in any of those bios. We said we would go midfield, second ruck and a tall forward, yet we grabbed two medium defenders.
Two of them have been rated as longer term midfielders, and would it shock anyone for a Carlton draft strategy to involve HBFs we think we can turn into mids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense the way players are jumping around every year.
Especially over the next 3 years as the other vic clubs come into the competition and steal players from us and other clubs.

Vickers is listed as a rebounding defender and winger, so you'd assume some pace.

Especially over the next 3 years as the other vic clubs come into the competition and steal players from us and other clubs.

Like Prespakis to Essendon next year?

Review anyone?
Would have preferred Yessir instead of Sherar, and Eliza James instead of Milford. Both offer speed, strength over the ball and clear-cut ball skills.

That being said, Milford was a late developer, and Sherar has a bit more size over the ball and is another late developer in terms of a midfield role.

Yassir I agree with but Eliza is more mid/forward as opposed to Imogen who’s a pure forward who I assume we’ll look to use as a back up ruck. I would have preferred taking Gillard but now they’re on the list we can back them in and hope they make the grade

Eliza is more mid/forward
That would have been the idea, yeah. She's also a strong contested mark.

We need firepower, and we've got the two ruck prospects that can rotate out of FF alongside Walker and Stevens as the other tall forward options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back