AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's out, it's out dude.

Ross, I've seen it asked, but not sure if I've seen an answer, are you fixing the Brownlow/Norm Smith bug?

We will submit it this week. Based on the obvious, I believe MS will get it out first.

The Brownlow/Norm Smith double didn't happen all the time which is why it took a while for us to recognise - there is a fix in the patch that stops it occuring.

Re: AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 22 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

We will submit it this week. Based on the obvious, I believe MS will get it out first.

The Brownlow/Norm Smith double didn't happen all the time which is why it took a while for us to recognise - there is a fix in the patch that stops it occuring.

Damn you playstation... damn you.

Also.. cool that the Normie/Chas double is fixed

Good stuff, though like to think Murph won both of his own bat since he kicked 5 goals in my GF game. :D

I'm a bit nervous about online play with custom teams. I dare say most people will either put Sandilands in their team or bump up the ruckman to have max rucking stats. I played a game against a dude using a custom team and while it was only 1.5 stars, it was darn hard. His ruckman had max stats and I barely won a tap with Jamar.

Will this patch also fix the exploit of people standing in the way of the person having the set shot? I'm sure you have heard this already Ross. You can't run over the mark, no, but you can stand close enough such that when the kicker goes out on the arc he sometimes kicks it straight into the player standing there. I just completely a game where the opposition had 3-4 human players so there were at least a couple of people blocking my set shots all the time!

I don't think the game should penalise you with a 50, as that would likely lead to lots of annoying, accidental 50s. I would like the invisible boundary to be extended though.

Has anyone posted the IGN review? We go through these threads so fast, not sure if it's been posted.

But it got a 6/10 overall score, interesting to see it get a 2/10 for sound (which I would agree with).

Has anyone posted the IGN review? We go through these threads so fast, not sure if it's been posted.

But it got a 6/10 overall score, interesting to see it get a 2/10 for sound (which I would agree with).

Yeah got posted a little while ago. I thought a 2 was a bit rough for sound given it's not that bad, then again, I don't find the commentary as annoying as others do. I thought maybe a 4 or 5 for sound.

I did agree with most of the other scores from memory.

Yeah it's been done. Interesting they rated it on PS3 and didn't judge the Online, due to the outage. I wonder if it effected the score. Definitely would've influenced their longevity weighting.

Ross.. Badges? lol :D

And who ever it was who wanted to know how i would beat antony with a custom team.. I have made 40 created players..

19 Have minimum stats
21 Have stats perfectly tuned for each position, My ruck is 210cm tall with 95 ruck tap and ruck punch, All my midfielders have 90 plus pace, handball and tackle, my defence has high spoiling, tackling, pace, and kicking/ kicking distance. with my forwards having 90 plus marks and 90 plus set shots.

And who ever it was who wanted to know how i would beat antony with a custom team.. I have made 40 created players..

19 Have minimum stats
21 Have stats perfectly tuned for each position, My ruck is 210cm tall with 95 ruck tap and ruck punch, All my midfielders have 90 plus pace, handball and tackle, my defence has high spoiling, tackling, pace, and kicking/ kicking distance. with my forwards having 90 plus marks and 90 plus set shots.

Ahh so you're manipulating the system. Only way to know if you can truly beat him with skill is to both play the same team. :)

Ahh so you're manipulating the system. Only way to know if you can truly beat him with skill is to both play the same team. :)

haha i'm not going to lie. He is way more skilled then me. i'm just trying to see if he can be beaten at all.

Also if he does beat me then we're all screwed because this team is literally the unbeatable, i've beaten 3v1's against fremantle, collingwood. and not just beat them but pumped them by 70+ pts. and this team kicks atleast 50+pts a quarter, it is the most finely tuned team i have seen. So if i get beaten it will be my last go at antony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff, though like to think Murph won both of his own bat since he kicked 5 goals in my GF game. :D
Probably a bit late now but to see the real best on ground was,
Go to the season fixture and it will show you, as it does during the season who the BOG was. Mine differed from the Brownlow medallist so he was robbed of the Norm Smith

Probably a bit late now but to see the real best on ground was,
Go to the season fixture and it will show you, as it does during the season who the BOG was. Mine differed from the Brownlow medallist so he was robbed of the Norm Smith

It was an easy fix - Judd just wins both now :p

haha i'm not going to lie. He is way more skilled then me. i'm just trying to see if he can be beaten at all.

Also if he does beat me then we're all screwed because this team is literally the unbeatable, i've beaten 3v1's against fremantle, collingwood. and not just beat them but pumped them by 70+ pts. and this team kicks atleast 50+pts a quarter, it is the most finely tuned team i have seen. So if i get beaten it will be my last go at antony.

By the sounds of the team I think you'll take him, easily.

It will be a hollow victory though C4L. ;)

I used to think having custom teams online would be good but if it is going to be manipulated then it will just further damage the online component. Like quitting and standing in front of the player taking the kick weren't bad enough.

19 Have minimum stats

Aha! I played you online last night using my custom team against yours and got absolutely smashed in the ruck, might have been lucky to win one hitout for the game, that explains that part. I thought I did pretty well only losing by about 5 goals in the end considering that fact, plus you being number 1 and all.

Ps. my XBL: Mushy Lather, my custom team is Buffalo Soldiers

I plan to beat Antony as Norf..

Ditto as the Hawks. Was only a spot or 2 behind you on the leaderboards Quivorir, before PSN went down.

Loving this game. Just pumped Collingwood on Legend, 5 min qtrs with Box Hill ;)

May as well have been anyway....As it was the NAB cup I decided to 'rest' all of my regulars except Burgoyne, Rioli, Buddy and Roughy for the hell of it....bit more of a challenge I guess.

Won by 86 points with Burgoyne kicking 6 and leading the possessions. :D

What's even more interesting is that the US IGN team reviewed it.
No, it's just that there is no 'IGN AU' anymore. They were amalgamated a while back.

It's why there are no longer 2 or 3 reviews for the one game anymore.

As you can see with AC:B's review: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1134821p1.html

Cam Shea reviewed it and he's clearly apart of the IGN Australia team, yet it says US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back