Roast AFL has taken the Level 2 wing bays from the Marvel Stadium clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

North lied to you.

Essendon aren't making any members move.

Let's wait and see. Entirely possible Essendon's membership team doesn't know yet.

If it's true, there'll be hell to pay from NMFC members.

If it's not, I hope Essendon fans will get furious at the AFL with us.

Confirmed tonight. No changes for Essendon. In writing.

Can you share the writing here? What was asked, and what was said in response?

Which side of the ground is this on? Is it the interchange side or the other side?

Non-interchange side.

The interchange side isn't available for AFL members. It's "medallion club" seating all along Level 2 of that side.

This will make things interesting as l was told that all clubs will have seating arrangements changed for new AFL allocations. if Essendon were the exemption then all other clubs will not be happy...l cant see the AFL playing favourites not with something so important.....It will be interesting to see what other clubs supporters get in regards to keeping their seats..
Essendon is the anchor Tennent. It’s contract signed on day dot was stated that no other club would have any better arrangements. Not saying this is an example of Essendon being supported as the anchor Tennent, but it might be.

North lied to you.

Essendon aren't making any members move.
l think its more likely Essendon are the ones not telling the truth..
You need to ask yourself why would the AFL move only the North supporters when they are not getting sellout games when playing other clubs. If the AFL have a NEW members area on level 2 every week it will give them access to all games especially when Essendon, Carlton, Bulldogs and Saints are playing games that might be sellouts and the AFL members have more reserved seating area...

Essendon is the anchor Tennent. It’s contract signed on day dot was stated that no other club would have any better arrangements. Not saying this is an example of Essendon being supported as the anchor Tennent, but it might be.
No other club would have better arrangements.. they will all be equal..

No,?I’d rather not. Not the right thing to do. I think you need to take it up with Notth separately.

I'm confused? Did you get an official response from Essendon? If so, then it's perfectly reasonable to share it here.

If it's something 'off the record' then I wouldn't be taking it as gospel at all and remain fully sceptical.

Can you share the writing here? What was asked, and what was said in response?
I indicated to them other clubs members on level 2 (we call this High Mark) were being told they would be required to change seating position for 2024 as the seats were being taken for AFL priority use as part of the redevelopment. I indicated I’d not renew if my seats in S38 would be moved elsewhere. They replied and said that no Essendon High Mark reserved seating members on level 2 would be moved as part of the redevelopment thats taking place. A few were moved last season they said but there were no more changes or members to be impacted moving forward.

I indicated to them other clubs members on level 2 (we call this High Mark) were being told they would be required to change seating position for 2024 as the seats were being taken for AFL priority use as part of the redevelopment. I indicated I’d not renew if my seats in S38 would be moved elsewhere. They replied and said that no Essendon High Mark reserved seating members on level 2 would be moved as part of the redevelopment thats taking place. A few were moved last season they said but there were no more changes or members to be impacted moving forward.

There may have been something lost in translation between you and the club then, if they assumed you were referring to impacts based on the redevelopment.

This is about a new arrangement starting next year.

I guess we'll see. In a way, I hope you're right because we'll hopefully be able to pressure NMFC into not giving up these bays.

But as others have said; it's extremely unlikely that this is just something that only impacts one club.

There may have been something lost in translation between you and the club then, if they assumed you were referring to impacts based on the redevelopment.

I guess we'll see. In a way, I hope you're right because we'll hopefully be able to pressure NMFC into not giving up these bays.

But as others have said; it's extremely unlikely that this is just something that only impacts one club.
They said in writing quite clearly my seats won’t be moved. I’d suggest you have an issue with your club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said in writing quite clearly my seats won’t be moved. I’d suggest you have an issue with your club.

We'll see - maybe you're right!

But I think it's equally possible the Essendon membership team are working on inaccurate info.

So a North fan has to get the 'Premiership Club' membership for a reserved seat on Level 2.

$650.

For how many games? Is it all eleven next year or is the Tassie deal still in operation?

If it is $650 for eight games, that's $80 per game.

To watch a team get smashed most weeks.

Give this mob a priority pick already, the fans have suffered enough.

As for the AFL and their $-hungry policies, no real surprise, but still, this is bullshit.

Back when I lived in Melbourne I had a 'Schimma Platinum Membership' (I guess this is now defunct?) and that came with a seat on level 2.

Awesome view from up there, anywhere else is trash by comparison imho.

I had a 'Schimma Platinum Membership' (I guess this is now defunct?) and that came with a seat on level 2.
That was my membership category it's now become Premiership Club Reserved. My seat in bay 36 had superb views right on the wing but these are the seats that have been taken away.

This is the relevant para from the email I received today from NMFC membership.

As a further result of the redevelopment works, the existing Premiership Club reserved seats in Bays 35 to 39 have been reclassified and are no longer accessible to Premiership Club members.

That's all the L2 seat allocation for members along the wing.

That was my membership category it's now become Premiership Club Reserved. My seat in bay 36 had superb views right on the wing but these are the seats that have been taken away.

As a further result of the redevelopment works, the existing Premiership Club reserved seats in Bays 35 to 39 have been reclassified and are no longer accessible to Premiership Club members.

I would be fuming if I had been sitting in the same seats (with awesome views) for years and then they stooged me like this.

From memory I was in bay 32 or 33 back in the day, the views are still excellent from there.

Are you planning to simply move a few bays down, or are you reconsidering your membership?

I would be fuming if I had been sitting in the same seats (with awesome views) for years and then they stooged me like this.

From memory I was in bay 32 or 33 back in the day, the views are still excellent from there.

Are you planning to simply move a few bays down, or are you reconsidering your membership?
Honestly not sure yet. I'm livid at the moment. Have written to the powers that be at the club - most likely my decision will be based on the club's response.

I just went and checked the North board, holy s**t this change is worse than I thought.

Turns out 2024 will be the first year without the Schimma membership, they have simply done away with it.

rightly pissed off.png

This is one of the most passionate North fans you'll ever see, and he is thinking of keeping his money in his pocket.

I don't blame him.

Imagine taking your family each home game and sitting in the best seats (and paying a premium for it) for years and years.

Then one day, the club sends you an email and says 'membership money time, pay up for next year, oh yeah btw your seats are gone, don't worry you can sit behind the goals with the plebs, oh yeah the prices have gone up as well'.

I hope the affected North fans put the club on blast for this and force change.

It doesn't affect me directly because I moved away from Melbourne ages ago, I've got one of those cheap supporter memberships, haven't been to a game in years.

But if I was in TPA's position I would be absolutely spewing right now.

The email quoted by blackshadow indicates it is because of the redevelopment works. Or are they just using that as an excuse? Would be weird for that to effect North and not Essendon.

The email quoted by blackshadow indicates it is because of the redevelopment works. Or are they just using that as an excuse? Would be weird for that to effect North and not Essendon.

I will share the full text of the email ingot below, but want to clarify that I then received a phone call from someone at the NMFC who confirmed this was impacting all Marvel Stadium teams.

Dear Chad,

As the 2023 season comes to an end, we are currently in the process of reviewing our membership program in preparation for 2024. In exciting news, the AFL’s upgrades to Marvel Stadium will be complete prior to Round 1 next year, creating new viewing, dining and matchday experiences for those seated on Level 2.

Premiership Club members in 2024 will have access to not only the Quill Room (the function room used this year), but also to the fully refurbished Parker Room, which will provide a fantastic view of the ground and a second bar for you to order food and beverages. This room will also be used to hold our matchday function, where you’ll hear from club greats and current players and enjoy a range of other matchday entertainment.

Whilst I understand this may be disappointing, as your account manager I’m committed to finding the best seating option for you in 2024. I will be in touch with you in the coming weeks to find a personalised solution to ensure that you/your group have the best possible experience during the upcoming season, as well as discuss the exciting new matchday experience planned for 2024

Let's wait and see. Entirely possible Essendon's membership team doesn't know yet.

If it's true, there'll be hell to pay from NMFC members.

If it's not, I hope Essendon fans will get furious at the AFL with us.
Would be very odd to tell North's membership team but not Essendons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back