AFL Evolution minor patch/bugs reporting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else having the problem of the game becoming a head to head battle in the midfield? Whoever wins it out of the middle draws the chb forward and from there you're outnumbered at every contest. It's almost a bit boring how direct it is to score (for both the player and the computer). Cpu has the habit of breaking from defence out of nowhere and it's very hard to stop them, at least until they get it to their fwd50. Cpu bumping my players in the contest also makes it a little tough. It's hard for the user to be sheparding and playing the ball at the same time. Would be helpful if the AI did some of that on my side also.

Anyone else having the problem of the game becoming a head to head battle in the midfield? Whoever wins it out of the middle draws the chb forward and from there you're outnumbered at every contest. It's almost a bit boring how direct it is to score (for both the player and the computer). Cpu has the habit of breaking from defence out of nowhere and it's very hard to stop them, at least until they get it to their fwd50. Cpu bumping my players in the contest also makes it a little tough. It's hard for the user to be sheparding and playing the ball at the same time. Would be helpful if the AI did some of that on my side also.

i'm assuming their midfield is either balanced, zone and attacking the play..

Is this even after you've gone back and changed the settings for player positions..

you can have defensive, balanced or attacking play for all your player positions..

you can also play man on man, press or zone...

There needs to be an option to turn off the advantage rule which also needs to be heavily refined. It's ridiculous that simply touching the ball after your free kick activates it, the game is way too chaotic for that.
A similar issue is the sprint button automatically playing on, even if you're standing perfectly still. While going for a mark you often have no choice but to sprint but if you leave it on for a second too late you end up getting tackled and you give away holding the ball.
Play on after a mark or free should only happen if you go off your mark or you've spend too long with the ball.

The amount of player names that called out wrong is also ridiculous. Particularly when I was playing against North Melbourne in season mode.

Had an issue where someone bumped me off the ball at the exact moment my player was taking the mark, the result was the ball was left hanging at player height, unable to be picked up. So my teammates as well as opponents were just running around in a mosh pit like fashion. The game never reset state as nothing changed when the timer hit 0.00 for the quarter. Presumably the ball needs to be in possession or on the ground for a quarter to end, which makes sense for kicks on the run after the siren

Simple fix could be if the ball has been in the air for 30 seconds+ it's probably stuck and the ball should just be bounced up from that part of the ground

Last edited:
Was a little irritated on my Geelong career this morning, found out it is defaulting all home finals to Simonds Stadium. I'm playing St. Kilda in the prelim at Simonds, really? That would never fly. They need to default Geelong home finals to the MCG

Gameplay overall I am impressed with, very much resembles modern footy and not as kick to kick as the old games. They just really need to fix the AI goal kicking, it is getting embarrassing seeing the computer constantly kicking scores like 5.36. And their inability to kick from straight out in front is bizarre, if they fix that they have a solid product.

Another minor one that is bothering me is that every time I play Fremantle Sandilands is the full forward. Is this happning for others? On the bright side his goal kicking is realistic, although one time he kicked a beauty of a dribbler after selling candy to lonergan, I got a good laugh from that replay

The gameplay is fun. I just wish that opposition teams wouldnt miss set shots in the goal sqaure and miss so many goals.

The one that annoys me the most is the career mode - you check the other results and there are numerous draws and games with scorelines of 28-23. Its stupid.

I understand the budget is low for the game but surely getting the commentary right is pretty easy and basic.

The gameplay is fun. I just wish that opposition teams wouldnt miss set shots in the goal sqaure and miss so many goals.

The one that annoys me the most is the career mode - you check the other results and there are numerous draws and games with scorelines of 28-23. Its stupid.

I understand the budget is low for the game but surely getting the commentary right is pretty easy and basic.

Yes there are teams in my career mode with 3-4 draws, very unrealistic, this is a carry-over from the last game that still wasn't addressed.

Another minor one which I hate is that once finals starts you can no longer view home & away season results/ladder . All very simple fixes I would have thought.

Any news on the next patch yet?

I am very happy with the game and have faith that if they are willing to put in the time with a few minor tweaks it will get better and better.

As far as the commentary it is the least likely to change and easy enough to ignore, I'd rather they put time into the little things that were missed in production that are fixable now, it's just not realistic to record another 500 samples from Richo and Dennis and would be a waste of money that can be spent in other areas.

Has anybody worked out how the game is recording Rebound 50s? I have been through a whole season and recorded precisely zero rebound 50s from any player.

50m free kicks broken, get a 50m free and let the other team mark it and it becomes a 100m free.

Plus there's a glitch to get an "over the mark 50m" free kick with every mark, learnt how to do it after some flog abused it and cost me my 69 win streak. Can't say I'm not using said glitch after that, but needs fixing.

Second season on career mode is poorly coded. Just played the showdown in Bendigo and played an away game against Carlton at the Gabba. Only about half the games were actually in AFL stadiums.
Also when you trade for a player their number doesn't change. I now have Ryder and Bontempeli both running around wearing the no.4 among many others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it's a bug per say, but the XP rewards for Match Objectives are ridiculous for what the task is at times - 6 set shot goals only giving +112 XP whereas 4 uncontested marks gives +150 is wildly unbalanced.

I've also noticed that the commentators call out the surname of the player alphabetically above them all the time, bar your own player - e.g. Cale Hooker is constantly called Hocking.

It has the bones of being a great game, but is so poorly finished. Maybe they should have gone with Big Ant Studios, Don Bradman Cricket 17 is very average graphics-wise but nowhere this poor for gameplay.

Post Patch Bugs

#1 - Unable to edit your team line-up when playing season mode. When hitting "Edit Team" it comes up with the opposition team and not yours.

#2 - Interchange commentary and writing is incorrect Player coming on and off is mixed up

Halfway through first season with essendon.
Long had a 37 week broken rib injury early on in season... Only 27 weeks to go.

Broken ribs would have to be 8 weeks at most.

A couple of other injuries seem excessively long also..

When playing coach career, does anyone else notice that star players for other teams are out of position? Example, the Bont from doggies was playing CHB, pendles was Back pocket when I vsed the pies , Dangerfield started on the bench n barely got on when vsing the cats ! And there's been more.
The hell is going on?

Also would anyone else like the option of being able to choose how much wind you use in career / season mode ? Because I like using heavy wind, makes kicking for goal that little bit harder, but always get light wind or no wind in my career
Make it happen WW!

On Redmi Note 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Post Patch Bugs

#1 - Unable to edit your team line-up when playing season mode. When hitting "Edit Team" it comes up with the opposition team and not yours.

Yeah I get this i make changes then as you go back to the next screen the changes revert. I only get the opposition team thing on away games.

Just recently after a week of playing all of a sudden the sound effects drop out for parts of the game or the hole game then come back. But crowd always there, wierd how it never did it now it does

This.

I haven't experienced, or not been bothered by most of the bugs people are complaining about - but the audio problem is a pretty big one for me right now.

I'm in my 2nd "Be a Pro" season and games are having only crowd noise and no noise from umpire/commentators etc. (despite my audio settings having those on 100)

Are many others experiencing this?
any thoughts?

Next Patch Wishes -
-2nd year career mode - players like Luke Parker/Rory Laird (small players) - shouldnt be playing full back or Ruck.
-Should be able to choose your own jumper numbers for new players at the club
-Better names and ratings for draftees. In the draft - the top 20 picks shouldnt be players who have been delisted. I had Declan Hamilton go at pick 1 the other day. Yucky.
-The advantage rule shouldnt go for 7-8 seconds until their is EVENTAULLY a clean disposal. Make a decision after 2-3 seconds.
-More tactics - rather than 'Defensive/Balanced/or attacking'

Next Patch Wishes -
-2nd year career mode - players like Luke Parker/Rory Laird (small players) - shouldnt be playing full back or Ruck.
-Should be able to choose your own jumper numbers for new players at the club
-Better names and ratings for draftees. In the draft - the top 20 picks shouldnt be players who have been delisted. I had Declan Hamilton go at pick 1 the other day. Yucky.
-The advantage rule shouldnt go for 7-8 seconds until their is EVENTAULLY a clean disposal. Make a decision after 2-3 seconds.
-More tactics - rather than 'Defensive/Balanced/or attacking'

Agree with all of these, also draft picks are now underrated since the patch. I got pick #1 from Geelong for a fringe player...
You should be able to trade away your first for a gun player not an average one.

Maybe the easiest way to sort out the existing players being redrafted would be to implement a national and pre-season draft, so the delisted players are diverted into a different pool.

Agree massively with being able to change jumper numbers. Also think you should be able to change players preferred positions in coach mode as coaches are the ones who decide what position players play in.

When playing coach career, does anyone else notice that star players for other teams are out of position? Example, the Bont from doggies was playing CHB, pendles was Back pocket when I vsed the pies , Dangerfield started on the bench n barely got on when vsing the cats ! And there's been more.
The hell is going on?

Also would anyone else like the option of being able to choose how much wind you use in career / season mode ? Because I like using heavy wind, makes kicking for goal that little bit harder, but always get light wind or no wind in my career
Make it happen WW!

On Redmi Note 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I played Freo in the Grand Final in my career (very unrealistic as is seeing a Hawks Freo GF in 2017 :( ) and Fyfe was playing BP, and Sandilands at CHB. Mcarthy played ruck most of the game.

Just started season 2018 in my PS4 save as Hawthorn. My JLT matches were game 1 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, game 2 vs Adelaide Crows at MCG, game 3 bye, game 4 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. I don't know if the game searches my location settings and thinks i just want to play the Adelaide teams or not, but thats just weird :/ haha and i have 9 home games at UTAS Stadium during the H&A season (including a few Wednesday 2pm games). Fixturing isn't this game's strong point

Plus, i just noticed this thread, having posted the above in the main thread. Wonder if they'll fix it up? At least all teams are playing in their correct homegrounds (no games at Whitehorse or anything obscure like that). I guess in the scope of things, it doesn't affect gameplay at all so it's more cosmetic.

Unable to change jersey numbers for any of the licensed players!!!!
Frustrating when changing them over to the team they now play for, but cannot edit their new jersey number

I can’t edit any teams in list manager because every time after about 10 or 15 seconds the game crashes and it quits and I have to reload. It’s been happening for a while and it’s annoying because I wanna edit the team lists. Can anyone help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back