AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Six teams making finals in a nine team comp like Div 3 ended up seemed a bit ridiculous.

Agree and disagree there mate. I think belco stuffed up not forfeiting earlier in the 3s lol. 4s could have been an interesting finals with them there.

Cheers southcab, and by the way how bout you boys. Form team all year, shocker draw nearly cost you. Bye last round then week off, tough gig going straight into a prelim. Doesn't matter how good the side is, Yass did well to get back in footy that quick ( I no it looked slow lol )

Agree and disagree there mate. I think belco stuffed up not forfeiting earlier in the 3s lol. 4s could have been an interesting finals with them there.

Cheers southcab, and by the way how bout you boys. Form team all year, shocker draw nearly cost you. Bye last round then week off, tough gig going straight into a prelim. Doesn't matter how good the side is, Yass did well to get back in footy that quick ( I no it looked slow lol )
Bloody tough game ,adfa made everything a contest . Thought we played some pretty silly footy , made some very poor choices and never presented well . In saying that some of the boys hadn't played footy for a month .a few things got to us over the course of the break also , things beyond anyone's control . Thankfully we made it through . Win lose or draw I'd have to say im proud of this bunch there the best I've coached in my time at Yass . Maybe a couple will get the fairytale finish ! if not it's been an awesome year . Let's hope Yass move up to threes next year and build as a club . Good luck to all this weekend .

Bloody tough game ,adfa made everything a contest . Thought we played some pretty silly footy , made some very poor choices and never presented well . In saying that some of the boys hadn't played footy for a month .a few things got to us over the course of the break also , things beyond anyone's control . Thankfully we made it through . Win lose or draw I'd have to say im proud of this bunch there the best I've coached in my time at Yass . Maybe a couple will get the fairytale finish ! if not it's been an awesome year . Let's hope Yass move up to threes next year and build as a club . Good luck to all this weekend .

That's fantastic mate. That's also a great achievement by you to bring a small country one team town all the way. Something you should be congratulated for. All the best this weekend to everyone involved.

3s Uni by 20
4s Yass by 6

Shaping up for a couple of belters on Saturday.

Gonna be slippery but here's hoping BOM have it wrong and the rain clears Friday night!:umbrellarain:
If its really wet it might bring ANU undone I reckon in the 4s. They struggled against UC in the slop few months ago. They rely on that big bloke up forwardta clunk em. Might be hard in the wet. Then again Manuka is a decent surface so their run might be to good. But yass just never say die and they have the wood on uni. Gonna be ugly to watch but should be helluva contest!
Wont change my tip but.

3s should be a corker. 2015 replay. ANU out for revenge. Woden looking for back 2 back. You d be mad to miss it! :sunglasses:

Not sure Yass have "the wood" on uni...I can't remember them beating ANU in a final. Agree the rain might even it out but I think ANU will be too strong.

Woden the team to beat in the 3s. Big bodies who play on the edge. Might have the students for muscle.

Not sure Yass have "the wood" on uni...I can't remember them beating ANU in a final. Agree the rain might even it out but I think ANU will be too strong.

Woden the team to beat in the 3s. Big bodies who play on the edge. Might have the students for muscle.

Yass did win the only meeting between the pair this year and I think the wet weather suits them. Winnell and Stevens to get the medals tomorrow.

As for league after seeing him in action for the first time this year Shaun Green will be up there in 3's. Imagine a few Yass or ANU guys will be in the running in 4's.

Good game so far. Someone needs to go to Jono Dean, any threat of umpires paying push in the back against Robbo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANU too good and well deserved. Didn't see what happened with McCullum? Noah Johnstone a pretty handy pick up for ANU in the end.

Anyone new to Canberra/lurking the forum and potentially looking for a game with a good/ordinary bunch of blokes (depends on your perspective I guess), we'll (Ainslie) be having a bit of a kick on Monday night at Ainslie Oval from 6pm. Flick me a message on here for more details if interested.

Posting for our president

Hi everyone,
2 TEAMS IN 2017!
The CCFC SOUTHERN CATS will be embarking on their most ambitious venture yet as we strive to enter 2 teams in the afl Canberra competition next year. We are looking for Coaches (all positions for both teams currently vacant), players, committee, and supporters to come with us on this great adventure.
Born in the heart of the snowy mountains in Cooma, the cats have come a long way. Our reach has expanded and w...e are now represented by a broad base that incorporates the Snowy mountains, Canberra, Cooma and Queanbeyan, truly a club for everyone!
The Cats have been around since 1976 and is a great club with a great culture based around the 4 pillars of Positive, Proud, Professional and United which we review annually to ensure we stay relevant to our team and supporters.
The cats have a training base in Canberra and a training base in Cooma with some amalgamated sessions during the year. We have 2 major sponsors in the Chisholm tavern and Aussie hotel and a great selection of new sponsors in Canberra signed on in 2016 that has come with our growth.
During the year we will play a few games at our spiritual home in Cooma with the bulk of our games (home and away) played in Canberra and a few away games close by in NSW. We run a low cost registration structure which can allow you to play for the cats for a whole season for as low as $100!!.
If anyone is interested in any of our coaching positions, playing for the cats-15 years and up and any ability, new or experienced all are welcome!, or finding out any more information about our great club please contact
Adam Asanovski club president on 0417241738, adamazz@hotmail.com or via
Facebook -Adam Asanovski or the CCFC Southern Cats Football Club page.
Damien Asanovski Vice President (Cooma based) 0401819911, azzo29@ymail.com
Please like and share to get this around. Also available in PDF format so it can be printed, just message me or post your email below for a copy.
Cheers Adam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back