AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess that means you will be going around next yr? :p

Good to hear a good report about the umpiring, especially in Div 3 given most of the better umpires are normally in the higher grades. Certainly makes a difference in how the game is played out.

Well done Goiser. :thumbsu:

Depends on if I serve up more tripe for the rest of the year and how fat i get (well on my way already) but the mind already is saying go for it for next year, although i think more of an influence will be the missus wanting me out of the house.

Belco beat the Blues by about 6 goals or more.

I think we're done unless Eastlake performed a miracle

I'm fair roasted but I think I can talk on the club's behalf when I say we had a great day at Cooma today, besides Mick Porter's busted collarbone (get well soon mate). Cooma are a really good club with a lot of spirit, led by Azzo who plays his 300th in the last round - congrats mate, fantastic effort - hope the boys can come up with a win for your milestone.

Down to the business end now - all at Belco are excited. Good luck to all.

congrats to heath russell ( goulburn ) on kicking his 100th goal for the year. on 102 with 2 games to go, great effort .

300 games is a mighty effort, as is a 100 goal season. Milestones are in the air as Jets legend Nathan Arch is closing in on the 200 mark.

I don't think I have kicked a hundred goals in my life (including backyard, training, whatever) let alone a season.

So,

Only two rounds to go and the top 4 for each grade are ALMOST set.

In Div 1:
ADFA have sealed the minor premiership.
BMFC should beat the Demons and the Jets and finish second
Harman most likely to finish in third spot and only move up if BMFC drop a game
ANU are odds on to finish fourth, but
Woden are still a chance from what i can gather. If they have two big wins in the last two rounds (Tuggers and Demons I think) and get some percentage, they might fall into fourth if the students drop a game against Harman in the last round. havent done the maths with percentage, so if a genious out there could confirm that would be great - Ferret, I am sure this is up your alley!!!

In Div 2
Swans look most likely to take out the minor premiership, unless they f#ck up miraculously in the last two rounds.
BMFC have second spot
I cant see Coota getting in so that means Yass and ANU round out the top four.

So with all that said how are the finals going to unfold and who will win the awards?

Twobobs

We need a bit more than results - we need a minor miracle, Mary McKillop's blessing, three blue moons and an ounce of luck on top of that.

Jets beating ANU would be a good start :)

Ferret,

I can't see us beating ANU, would like to beat them in Div 4 for Archie's 200th.

Good luck for the weekend boys and bring on 2011 lol.

Jets Div 4 went down to ANU, can't remember the score. Despite the score we took a few things away from the game and some of our new blokes really took the game on given the lack of experience (some only playing 1st and 2nd games ever) Ended up with pretty much no bench with a few injuries.

Div 3 went down 194-0, didn't see much of this game.

Any other results?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemmy

Can you give a quick match report on the Harman game, and I'll include it in the Div 3/4 match report for the AFL Canberra webiste. PM is fine

Its that time of year again with 1 round left to decide the medals.The inclusion of club umpires this year i think makes it harder to pick.
For what it,s worth here are my tips.

Div3
Byers (adfa)
Mcdevitt (belco) Long shot Smith ( anu)

Div4
Russell (goulburn)
Chant (coota) Long shot Boyle (yass)

Best of luck to all in the finals, and best of luck to those who have silly sunday this weekend.:thumbsu:

Hey Guys, Big Azzo is celebrating his 300th game for the Cooma Cats this weekend. If you have any interesting comments/stories that we can retell after our last game this weekend please share. A top bloke and ultimate clubman!!!

Ian

My tale. The Blues were playing at Snowy Mountains Oval, and I was on ball - so this was a long time ago (2000ish). At a bounce, little Azzo took the ball off the tap, and I cleaned him up. The ball was rebounced, and came straight at me. Azzo saw where it was headed and buried me 6 inches into the turf.

'That's what you get for pickin on me brother'

Azzo is a deadset legend of Canberra District Footy, and anyone who has played with him or against him would agree.

Good luck Azzo, may the Cats prosper and footy in the Snowy Region grow under you and the fellow hard working Cats Committee.

GF

This Saturday Simon Tuan will run out to play his 300th game for the ANUAFC. Simon will be the first player in Griffin history to reach this incredible milestone.

As anyone who has played for (or against) the ANU in the past 20 years would know, Simon is a club legend. He is a multiple premiership player, multiple club best and fairest winner, former club captain, and ANUAFC life member. The passion he shows for this club is unrivalled, and as a club, we will be showing our appreciation and admiration for this great player, by celebrating this milestone in a manner befitting Simon's status at the club.

So this Saturday, if you can, get down to South Oval at 2.00 pm to watch the great man play his 300th game against Harman. Based on his form so far this year, you will not be disappointed.

This Saturday Simon Tuan will run out to play his 300th game for the ANUAFC. Simon will be the first player in Griffin history to reach this incredible milestone.

As anyone who has played for (or against) the ANU in the past 20 years would know, Simon is a club legend. He is a multiple premiership player, multiple club best and fairest winner, former club captain, and ANUAFC life member. The passion he shows for this club is unrivalled, and as a club, we will be showing our appreciation and admiration for this great player, by celebrating this milestone in a manner befitting Simon's status at the club.

So this Saturday, if you can, get down to South Oval at 2.00 pm to watch the great man play his 300th game against Harman. Based on his form so far this year, you will not be disappointed.

Fair effort from Tuany.

From memory, he came to the club in 1991 -so that's a pretty decent journey.

Well done Tuany.

Outstanding effort by Tuanie, can still play even though he'd older than the hills.

Shanefos, are there any photos of Tuanie in action? I'll check my collection on Facebook etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back