afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile appand I mean know disrespect with that comment

Weird assumption Cab.

I’ll agree with Woden being tough to beat. I also think Goulburn will be there abouts. Side looks strong.
Are Ainslie that bad in 4’s?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile appand I mean know disrespect with that comment

Weird assumption Cab.

I’ll agree with Woden being tough to beat. I also think Goulburn will be there abouts. Side looks strong.
Are Ainslie that bad in 4’s?

We had a pretty inexperienced side in the 4s this week, with a few too many players new to the game or playing their first footy in years and it showed. We'll improve as some experienced players come back in and the number of inexperienced players in the team at any one time lessens.

Chatting with some of their players, Woden have some impressive depth at the moment, with about 25 players not playing this week across the 2 grades apparently, and 5 players from last years 3s grand final side playing in the 4s. Think they'll be a big improver in the 4th grade comp if they can stay healthy. Looked a well drilled and smart footy side that didn't have many, if any weak links.

Some big bags of goals in the 4's over the weekend. T. Robb with 5, B. Ward with 6 and T. Lee with 10.

My predictions for this weekend ADFA by 34, Googong by 14, Woden by 23, Cats by 54 and Yass by 20.

Good luck to all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went and watched Uni and Woden yesterday, and judging from the comments on here, I assume these two teams are the ones who will be there at the end of the season. It was a really good game, but Woden never looked in doubt of losing. Easily the better the side (even though they won by a couple), in my novice opinion, give them the cup now(?). If they are the best 2, then Woden won't lose a game all season.

Hopefully the Swannies prove that theory wrong next week. Edit- realized you were talking about 3rds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I went and watched Uni and Woden yesterday, and judging from the comments on here, I assume these two teams are the ones who will be there at the end of the season. It was a really good game, but Woden never looked in doubt of losing. Easily the better the side (even though they won by a couple), in my novice opinion, give them the cup now(?). If they are the best 2, then Woden won't lose a game all season.

Would have to think they're the team to beat along with ADFA, no surprises given they played in the GF last year.

Good to see Belconnen a bit more competitive on the weekend despite the tough trip to Coota as well.

Just looked at the draw and see Cats and Ainslie tonight and Eastlake Ainslie tonight a few years ago Friday night games never happened. Exciting to see it happening a fair bit now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back