Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
****ing infuriating match just then. Trying to get that trophy for winning after conceding the first 5 goals and I’ve realised it’s impossible on 2.5 min quarters so I move up to 3.5 minutes and concede the first 5 easily, then score 5 of my own. Would you believe that from there on out where I’ve had my way with the game I then go on to concede 4 more and only kick 1 more myself???? On the easiest difficulty mind you, I’m just so ****ing confused because easiest should mean the easiest, not potluck on what version of your opponent rocks up. Pissing me off.

Michaels' Twitch stream inc. QA with Ross (BigAntStudios)
Here is the twitch vod from tonight.

If you skip to 31:40 that is where Ross first enters the chat and hangs around for basically the rest of the stream answering questions.

You will be able to read it all on the chat box.

huge thanks again for everyone who tuned in!

I'm dumbfounded that people want management mode things fixed before... you know... the game. But each to their own I guess ✌️✌️
I don’t know if this in reply to my question but mine was definitely intended as lower priority question.
Would much prefer to focus on gameplay and stability first.

Just had a ripper game. Brockman nails a banana to put the Hawks in front with 30 seconds to go. Was so happy. Started celebrating a little.

Daniher gets the mark from the next clearance and kicks a goal................

Super fun though. Love tapping r2 after every mark and going back on my line myself.

How’s the worm
Was behind all game and scored a point to tie the game with 10 seconds remaining
Thought it would 100% be a draw.
But nah, we do don’t realistic over here 🤣
Adelaide defender kicked it straight to Zuhaar in a one v one and he kicked the goal after the siren
Must admit, loved the commentary and crowd going off at that moment
I just trailed all game against the Suns as Richmond. Hit the lead and lost it with a minute to go.
Turns out Gold Coast will haunt my nightmares on PlayStation as well 🫣

When management mode is updated next will we have in game injuries or even injuries that need me to change my side each week?
Only way to get them is by simulating at the moment.
Otherwise I’m taking the same 23 in each week.
Are there suspensions? Haven’t tried management career yet myself.

******* infuriating match just then. Trying to get that trophy for winning after conceding the first 5 goals and I’ve realised it’s impossible on 2.5 min quarters so I move up to 3.5 minutes and concede the first 5 easily, then score 5 of my own. Would you believe that from there on out where I’ve had my way with the game I then go on to concede 4 more and only kick 1 more myself???? On the easiest difficulty mind you, I’m just so ******* confused because easiest should mean the easiest, not potluck on what version of your opponent rocks up. Pissing me off.
Dunno why I didn’t try this when the game was piss easy. 4 tries and still nothing, gonna end up with a broken controller or a fist sized hole in my monitor.

Is there a way to set a best 22 for say season mode, so you don't have to manually adjust it every single game in team management :)

Is it a bug or do WCE only have one banner? Noticed others have quite a few and even team specific ones (port v coll, Collingwood referenced prison bars being theirs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else having an issue with the marking meter.

Mine is there for first marking contest then is bugged out and just sits under all players going for a mark with no movement

BigAntStudios Patch plays a lot nicer on PS5 had quite a few crashes around 3qtr time but gameplay feels good now.

Minor question about a change but it would add a lot to the overall immersion: Is there any chance in future patches to have the screens at the grounds switched on? I also noticed the MCG scoreboard for example the LED board is there but it is just a black rectangle. I remember back in AFL Live 2003 it had the screens on and it was just a mirror of the gameplay cam and I think it just looks a lot better than a black square that we have currently.

Obviously you have bigger fish to fry at the minute but would be an awesome thing to add in the game.

Attachments

• afl 03.png
    afl 03.png
    248 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back