Travel Adios muchachos

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavily influenced by Strikers thread, I too will be off here for 2 months.

After very few holidays in the last 3 years I am off on an adventure for 2 months. Destinations including Honalulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Toronto, New York, Washington, Mexico City, Cancun, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, San Antonio & San Diego.

So as we are getting rammed by the tanking investigators i will be at candlestick park watching the NFL, as you are all listening to Richmond supporters talking up their premiership chances, I will be flying over the grand Canyon, As you are all counting down the seconds to a new year and hopefully better football season, I will be sipping tequila (hopefully served by some bust hot young latinas) in Mexico.

So my friends, adios muchachos!

Heavily influenced by Strikers thread, I too will be off here for 2 months.

After very few holidays in the last 3 years I am off on an adventure for 2 months. Destinations including Honalulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Toronto, New York, Washington, Mexico City, Cancun, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, San Antonio & San Diego.

So as we are getting rammed by the tanking investigators i will be at candlestick park watching the NFL, as you are all listening to Richmond supporters talking up their premiership chances, I will be flying over the grand Canyon, As you are all counting down the seconds to a new year and hopefully better football season, I will be sipping tequila (hopefully served by some bust hot young latinas) in Mexico.

So my friends, adios muchachos!

I'd be gracious and wish you well for the next 2 months on your holiday but, because you rammed it down our throats, all I've got is "piss off campaigner!!" ;)

On a serious note I hope you have a ripper time mate, very jealous of all of you guys jetting off for a few months. Perfect time to be going too. I'd love to do the same but I'm too busy saving for a house! Priorities, reckon I've got them round the wrong way!!

I'd be gracious and wish you well for the next 2 months on your holiday but, because you rammed it down our throats, all I've got is "piss off silly!!" ;)

On a serious note I hope you have a ripper time mate, very jealous of all of you guys jetting off for a few months. Perfect time to be going too. I'd love to do the same but I'm too busy saving for a house! Priorities, reckon I've got them round the wrong way!!

I've got the mortgage payments as well. Once you get enough for a deposit for a house it's smooth sailing, saving that $30k-$40k is the hard part.

I have taken basically no annual leave for 3 years, otherwise I couldn't go on a holiday. The best thing is for 2 months, I will be getting paid to travel.......life's good

I've got the mortgage payments as well. Once you get enough for a deposit for a house it's smooth sailing, saving that $30k-$40k is the hard part.

I have taken basically no annual leave for 3 years, otherwise I couldn't go on a holiday. The best thing is for 2 months, I will be getting paid to travel.......life's good

Absolutely. I've thought about moving back home for a year to get there quicker but the thought of it makes me feel ill. I'll get there eventually, especially once the missus finishes her course at uni and is back in the workforce again.

Enjoy it though, sounds like you've certainly earned a holiday, plus getting paid for it's a bonus! I'm eligible for 8 weeks long service leave in around a year although I think I'll sit on it and let it build before using it. Have no need for it right now.

Absolutely. I've thought about moving back home for a year to get there quicker but the thought of it makes me feel ill. I'll get there eventually, especially once the missus finishes her course at uni and is back in the workforce again.
Been there. I moved back home for a year and a half while I was saving my deposit. It was difficult, but no worse than some of the dodgy share housemates I'd had up til then. I would have been in share houses or renting for many more years if I hadn't done what I did - given I wasn't in a relationship and was doing it all on my own. I saved about 40k in that year and a half, the rest was easy. Once you've got your house, it's like paying rent, except there's no inspections and nobody can kick you out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back