Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no doubt hinkley (veart) has screwed up, dropping Ansell and not bringing Ira on earlier.

I do NOT consider this to be a successful season after yet another semi failure. For me next season it's make a Grand Final or heads should roll. Bringing in good defenders is an absolute MUST, whether our cheap owners will do just that is anyone's guess.

Must wonder if we’ll EVER make it to another GF, that’s now 7 teams that have made the big dance since the 2016 decider, with only the roar and nix (plus the bulls) having longer droughts than us and wsw. I really don’t want us to be like Port under stinkley

Our defence was not good enough

We don't have any decent strikers

Our midfield is one paced. Isaias went one season too long. I don't see it with D'arrigo. We had no one from midfield that can take a shot on goal. They had enough opportunities.

Its a surprise we got as far as we did. Pin that on Goodwin, Irankundu and Gauci.

Halloran has fallen away massively.

This is the worst defence we have ever had. We don't have a proper A league quality central defender. Just scraps from other sides, or kids not up to it.

Would have been criminal making the GF to play a team with a striker like McLaren, beating a team with a striker like Cummings. We just don't compare.

We won't have Goodwin forever.

Our club is screwed big time. Until we have owners who actually want to spend $$$ to sign players and marquees, AUFC are going absolutely NOWHERE
No owner is ever going to spend money, aleague is just flushing money down the toilet. Alot needs to change before there's any investment in this tinpot league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence was not good enough

We don't have any decent strikers

Our midfield is one paced. Isaias went one season too long. I don't see it with D'arrigo. We had no one from midfield that can take a shot on goal. They had enough opportunities.

Its a surprise we got as far as we did. Pin that on Goodwin, Irankundu and Gauci.

Halloran has fallen away massively.

This is the worst defence we have ever had. We don't have a proper A league quality central defender. Just scraps from other sides, or kids not up to it.

Would have been criminal making the GF to play a team with a striker like McLaren, beating a team with a striker like Cummings. We just don't compare.

We won't have Goodwin forever.
Check out this poster. What a loser. Have some faith in your club you twat and pipe down.

I've had a go at re-writing some of the Red Army chants for the rest of the season.

"Scotty Jamieson, I'd let you shag my wife, Scotty Jamieson, can you play tonight?"

"Your defence is terrified, our club is on fire..."

"We're scraping the barrel, scraping the barrel..."

"We are the shop of the league, we are the shop of the league"

"There's only one Kevin Muscat, only one Kevin Muscat, with a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile, Kevin Muscat could buy all the players we have on file."

With the money we got from the Gauci, Goodwin and Irukanda sales, there's no excuse to bring some quality in. Time for our owners to stop being tight arses. Defenders are a must.
I might have gone early. Mauk is a good start, in a needed position (assuming he'll operate with Isaias, Tunnicliffe or Yull behind Clough).

A decent CB is a must. I doubt we get two, club will make do with the other 3. Probably some more LB depth.

And a left sided winger.

Back