Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I bolded the word that covers keeping the hill.

That's not a compromise - that's pandering to a small number of people.
Drop-in wickets is a compromise.
In Perth there are plenty of opportunities to sit on grass.
but if you have a big game then it's fair and desirable that as many people as possible can attend.
Look, we had this baloney when the SCG Hill disappeared.
The result was that hooliganism was reduced and fans had access to much better/much more seating.

but if you have a big game then it's fair and desirable that as many people as possible can attend.
The result was that hooliganism was reduced and fans had access to much better/much more seating.
We got that at the oval. 50k+ seats and better facilities. Whilst keeping the hill.

But you're right. I forgot that you always are and your opinions are fact.

Please cite examples of any hooliganism that's happened on the hill since the redevelopment.

Because they're an old fuddy duddy?
It's actually getting rediculous how you cannot accept that others have different ALSO VALID opinions and have to shut them down every single damn time. It's a DISCUSSION forum not the "Red tells how it gonna be" forum.
Sit down, calm down, and shut up unless you want to be part of a DISCUSSION.

It's actually getting rediculous how you cannot accept that others have different ALSO VALID opinions and have to shut them down every single damn time. It's a DISCUSSION forum not the "Red tells how it gonna be" forum.

What a joke. Somebody disagrees with you so suddenly it's "Red tells how it gonna be".
Why isn't you that cannot accept different VALID opinions.
I've spent decades at grassed stadiums.
They're OK untill they get crowded and somebody forces everybody to stand up.
I liked stadium upgrades. Most people like stadium upgrades. Most people like the added comfort and facilities.
You want to retain a piece of grass. So be it.
i don't live in S.A. anymore and i haven't visited S.A.during the football season so it doesn't worry me at all what happens
but it does seem to be a rather selfish attitude by thr grass-lovers and it's already cost S.A. any chance of the AFL G.F.

If you analyse these posts, I'm the one with discussion - you're the on telling how it's gotta be.
I've answered every enquiry with fact and logic.
It's about time you did the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we need is another Lego land, 🍪 cutout stadium like Perth stadium, not.

That is just crazy. The Perth stadium, is attractive, comfortable, good viewing and with good facilities.
It is also is quite spacious , with a light and airy feel, not to mention the state-of-the-art lighting.
A.O. is good for the price but there is no comparison for a football fan and we have the WACA for the cricket fans.

Docklands can be forgiven because the roof dictates everything.

That is just crazy. Docklands serves a purpose and has good viewing but it feels quite clinical.

That is just crazy. The Perth stadium, is attractive, comfortable, good viewing and with good facilities.
It is also is quite spacious , with a light and airy feel, not to mention the state-of-the-art lighting.
A.O. is good for the price but there is no comparison for a football fan and we have the WACA for the cricket fans.

That is just crazy. Docklands serves a purpose and has good viewing but it feels quite clinical.

Mmm, yes that lighting. Can't wait for the class action by epilepsy victims.

BTW, reasonable people may have different views.

The City of Adelaide owns the land? Who leased the land b4 2011?

I am sure you can help.
SACA had 2 leases over the 140 odd years from the ACC. The 2nd one still had 30 or 40 years to run.

Then the 2011 legislation said the ACC had to give the Minister an 80 year lease.

Adelaide Oval needs a new entry point to speed up the waiting lines due to the Covid & security checkpoints. Looking at the Victor Richardson gates, there is plenty of space there to setup an 3rd major entry point to go with the Southern and Eastern stands entrances.

They are probably over spending money in the current climate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back